ADVERTISEMENT

Pope gives all priests power to forgive those who have had abortions

Good. Remains a progressive and I like it. We must continue to show the rest of the world what real Christians are.

Tell him to get back to me when he figures out a way for the non-child molesting priests not mplicated in the cover up to have the moral authority to forgive the child molesters and those that protected them. I am as Catholic as they come, but he lost me forever making JPII a saint. He belonged in prison. Perhaps the biggest single criminal organization in world history.

Good. Remains a progressive and I like it. We must continue to show the rest of the world what real Christians are.
As much as I hate abortion, I agree with this decision. There is no unforgivable sin. Anyone who has an abortion, and later finds themselves on the other side of the ledger, Has guilt the carry forever, without the church adding to their pain.

For us non-Catholics, Jesus' forgiveness has always been there for atonement of any and all sin. All you had to do was ask & believe.

That's why they call it Grace: it is unmerited favor. None of us deserve it and yet we can all receive it. That is the beauty of it.

Somewhere Amy Schumer and Lena Dunham are preparing another totally fresh and original abortion joke.

Presumably from Canada, since both asshat cowards vowed to leave.

As much as I hate abortion, I agree with this decision. There is no unforgivable sin. Anyone who has an abortion, and later finds themselves on the other side of the ledger, Has guilt the carry forever, without the church adding to their pain.

One thing though, no priest can "forgive" any sin ..... only God can.

I learned more Catholism from Dogma than I did from 8 years of CCD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT