ADVERTISEMENT

Popeyes Chicken Sammie

KnighttimeJoe

Todd's Tiki Bar
May 29, 2001
Don’t let the heart emoji and easy math presented in the tweet fool you: This is how Southerners — namely, white evangelicals living in the South — try to throw shade from their social media business accounts. Chick-fil-A feels a certain way about their secular competitor's new menu addition, and I suppose it’s fair to understand why. Popeyes is promoting a sandwich that consists of a fried chicken breast on a brioche-ish bun with pickles and a special sauce. It even comes wrapped in a foiled envelope.

For you uninitiated Northerners, this means war.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...andwich-war-chick-fil-why-they-ll-ncna1044406

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Nah, no thanks. CFA is the GOAT and I can get my sandwich with a side of good ol' Christian family values. Know your place, Popeyes.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
popeyes is my favorite fast food chicken. dont get me wrong chickfila is great in what they do, but its a slightly different style. i really love the chickfila spicy deluxe. if popeyes can have their own version of that im all in.

Reactions: KnighttimeJoe
Don't be stupid. Popeyes is fantastic. And you get it without the shitty Christian music blaring throughout the joint.

In ATL the Popeye's is always filled with pilots in line waiting to get food to go. I guess they're knowing what they're doing but I would hate to be crammed into a cockpit with one single bathroom up front while slamming down their chicken and cement biscuits if I were flying that plane.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Nah, no thanks. CFA is the GOAT and I can get my sandwich with a side of good ol' Christian family values. Know your place, Popeyes.

You couldn't be more basic whiteboy if you tried.

Finally, a chicken sammich with some flavor!

Here's 85 trying some Popeye's...

You couldn't be more basic whiteboy if you tried.

Finally, a chicken sammich with some flavor!

Here's 85 trying some Popeye's...

lol how shocking to find that you're desperate to prove how non-mainstream you are, complete with some lame comment about race yet again.

lol how shocking to find that you're desperate to prove how non-mainstream you are, complete with some lame comment about race yet again.
Stop being so damn butthurt all the time. Damn. Are you really this big of a wimp?

Can't handle spicy food.
Can't handle a little ribbing.
Can't handle having an issue with premature ejaculation.
Can't handle being wrong all the time.
Can't handle watching a football game without constant ridiculous outbursts.

Calm your bitch ass down.

Stop being so damn butthurt all the time. Damn. Are you really this big of a wimp?

Can't handle spicy food.

I believe the crown for "most butthurt little bitch" would go to the snowflake who is so emotionally unstable that he threw around personal names on here in the middle of a rage filled emotional breakdown post. Hmmm know anyone who may fit that bill?

all this whining because you don't like a little spice on your chicken. Sad.

I just went to Popeye's and the OBT store is out.
I went down to Sand Lake and got the spicy sammich there.

On a 1-10 scale, I'd give it a solid 8. Easily the best available at any fast food joint. Chicken is crispy and spicy. Sauce is tasty. Pickles are awesome, actually edible and not floppy Mt. Olive crap. Bun is nice and soft and doesn't fall apart in a soggy mess.

Chik-fil-a is a 4, on its best day. Chicken is bland, and isn't crispy. Pickles are awful. Bun is often soggy and falls apart.

Don’t let the heart emoji and easy math presented in the tweet fool you: This is how Southerners — namely, white evangelicals living in the South — try to throw shade from their social media business accounts. Chick-fil-A feels a certain way about their secular competitor's new menu addition, and I suppose it’s fair to understand why. Popeyes is promoting a sandwich that consists of a fried chicken breast on a brioche-ish bun with pickles and a special sauce. It even comes wrapped in a foiled envelope.

For you uninitiated Northerners, this means war.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...andwich-war-chick-fil-why-they-ll-ncna1044406
I will be buying that sandwich. I love Popeyes.

The authority on fast food review has spoken and once again CFA emerges the winner

Can't handle spicy food.

Lol, this is what messages boards were created for.

Who you gonna believe? Three brothers, or Donald Trump Jr.?

Guess who 85 goes with?
And Donald Trump Jr. didn't even buy the spicy version.

85 washes his Chick-Fil-A down with a pumpkin spice latte and ranch dressing.
Basic AF.

I thought someone whose life revolves around food would know who Reviewbrah is. Sad.

You'd do well to be half the man he is.

I found this whole thing to be funny. Hell, even The New Yorker published an article about this yesterday (it’s worth a read—google it).

I’m not going to stop eating at CFA since the kids like it, but I’ve had my fair share of inconsistent sandwiches from there. Anywhere from soggy chicken, brittle bread, small pickles, to the opposite of each and a good sammie. And do not get me started on their waffle fries. If you don’t ask for them to make them crispy, they are pure shit.

Count me as one that actually finds some of these corporate Twitter "feuds" entertaining. Here are screengrabs and backstory courtesy of TheTakeout:

https://thetakeout.com/popeyes-wendys-chick-fil-a-chicken-sandwich-twitter-spa-1837404515

Do these companies have some sort of ultra fast review process for their Twitter staff before they send stuff? Or do they empower someone to sit there and just flame away on their behalf, using their company logo and official feed?

Do these companies have some sort of ultra fast review process for their Twitter staff before they send stuff? Or do they empower someone to sit there and just flame away on their behalf, using their company logo and official feed?
Many have a "community manager" or "social media manager" who was hired for the job and is empowered to provide the company's presence on all social media. Some are just some employee in the company that created the account and is doing it on the side. Of course, there are external agencies and consultants that can be hired as well.

I thought someone whose life revolves around food would know who Reviewbrah is. Sad.

You'd do well to be half the man he is.

I wanted to make the, "I can't trust the opinion of a kid who probably doesn't season his chicken" joke but..

1. I love ReviewBrah
2. Chemmie already stole my thunder going at you

I def want to grab a few sammiches for a side-by-side test but I think I'm going to wait for Saturday if I can.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I wanted to make the, "I can't trust the opinion of a kid who probably doesn't season his chicken" joke but..

1. I love ReviewBrah

I def want to grab a few sammiches for a side-by-side test but I think I'm going to wait for Saturday if I can.

Can't stand his yankee accent. WTF does this clown know about southern delicacies. I'll take the cool black dudes and their Jesus and Algebra II references. They actually looked like they were enjoying this taste test, whereas Igor looked like he was going to go blow his lunch to keep his skinny-ass figure.

Reactions: ChrisKnight06

1. I love ReviewBrah

Why don't you wait until Sunday to do your side by side comparison? Oh wait...

Checkmate Chick-fil-A apologists

Reactions: ChrisKnight06
Can't stand his yankee accent. WTF does this clown know about southern delicacies. I'll take the cool black dudes and their Jesus and Algebra II references. They actually looked like they were enjoying this taste test, whereas Igor looked like he was going to go blow his lunch to keep his skinny-ass figure.

Speaking like this to Reviewbrah is a dangerous game. Choose your words wisely

I got a Better Byrd sandwich on Uber Eats last night. Better than both CFA or Popeye's.

ADVERTISEMENT