ADVERTISEMENT

Popeyes Chicken Sammie

I had my first one yesterday. It's been built up to be this 'most amazing thing' ever. But, truth be told, it is the best chicken sandwich out there.

Reactions: btbones
Got a spicy chicken sandwich from the Popeye’s at Fairbanks and Orlando Ave. this afternoon. It’s a good sandwich. Balanced with textural contrasts. Right amount of spice and pickles. I liked it better than Chick-fil-A and Wendy’s. So for the drive-thrus, this sandwich reigns supreme.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/popeyes-woman-body-slammed

And here is why i wont go to popeyes: they dont have employee standards which means they cant serve their sandwich efficiently and because they are ill equipped to handle feedback they fight customers. This is the 4th similar incident in a week. Ill take the OG Chik Fil A sandwich anyday

They’ve handled the rollout so bad. There was no reason to artificially take if off the menu only to release it again and cause these idiots to go so insane over a sandwich. I’m sure their regular customers are pissed they have to deal with the nuts coming for the sandwich.

Or maybe you could refrain from calling their employees the N-word.

Not remotely proven that actually happened since it was cited as a justification by the assailant after the fact but you do realize that even IF that happened it doesn’t justify body slamming an older women yes?

Reactions: beelit47

Is there proof this was said? Honestly sounds legit because you typically don't body slam customers. Probably in the code of conduct somewhere?

Even if the word wasn't said, I've heard people get all rude towards a fast food staff. People can be terrible.

Is there proof this was said? Honestly sounds legit because you typically don't body slam customers. Probably in the code of conduct somewhere?

Even if the word wasn't said, I've heard people get all rude towards a fast food staff. People can be terrible.
Yes. Multiple witnesses and video. Also, you can hear him say after slamming her "put your hands on my sister again".

Yes. Multiple witnesses and video. Also, you can hear him say after slamming her "put your hands on my sister again".

Even if she was did use the N word, which is not remotely proven, there is no fuking excuse for the body slam he used. It could have easily killed her. The employee seemed already unhinged in the video thats available and no slurs were used once.

I went to Popeyes twice last week for their sandwich, both times it took 45 minutes in a line with only 10 to 15 people ahead of me. Part of the problem is they usually only have one cashier and one register. On my second visit, the cashier even stopped taking orders for a good 20 minutes.

I'll admit their sandwich is basically on par with Chick-fil-a, but I'll take a clean store and friendly staff any day (even Sundays) over having to deal with ghetto trash and putting my life at risk.

Even if she was did use the N word, which is not remotely proven, there is no fuking excuse for the body slam he used. It could have easily killed her. The employee seemed already unhinged in the video thats available and no slurs were used once.

I agree, in theory the employee should have shown more restraint. However, I have little tolerance for abuse of service workers. It's not company policy, but customers should know that they are not always right and their ass can be whooped upon request.

Y'all are too funny. Back in 1984 I started working at Popeyes on 434 and I-4 when I was at Lyman High. I worked there to about the spring of 1987 when I was a sophomore at UCF. Popeyes back then was a job and it paid for my freshman year of college. I can tell you I never heard the N word ever out of my fellow crew or management team.

I can also say having done every job in the place I for the most part trust their food. With that said, where I live we don't have a Popeyes. The closest one is in Asheville and they just opened it up near the airport. From the get go the entire operation is poorly planned. It's too small, the site design of the parking lot is terrible and I think who ever planned it missed the boat.

I was getting my Toyota Tundra serviced at the dealership because it came with free oil changes for life and decided to stop by Popeyes. An hour and half later I finished my two piece white spicy with red beans and rice and Cajun sparkle. Popeyes has demand for their product but they seem so stuck in 1972 in how fast , friendly and so forth in getting said product to market as it were. I love Chick Fil A and I love Popeyes spicy chicken and red beans and rice. Chick Fil A though has it down in regards to service. Popeyes , not so much. I have yet to try to Popeyes Chicken sandwich.

Y'all are too funny. Back in 1984 I started working at Popeyes on 434 and I-4 when I was at Lyman High. I worked there to about the spring of 1987 when I was a sophomore at UCF. Popeyes back then was a job and it paid for my freshman year of college. I can tell you I never heard the N word ever out of my fellow crew or management team.

I can also say having done every job in the place I for the most part trust their food. With that said, where I live we don't have a Popeyes. The closest one is in Asheville and they just opened it up near the airport. From the get go the entire operation is poorly planned. It's too small, the site design of the parking lot is terrible and I think who ever planned it missed the boat.

I was getting my Toyota Tundra serviced at the dealership because it came with free oil changes for life and decided to stop by Popeyes. An hour and half later I finished my two piece white spicy with red beans and rice and Cajun sparkle. Popeyes has demand for their product but they seem so stuck in 1972 in how fast , friendly and so forth in getting said product to market as it were. I love Chick Fil A and I love Popeyes spicy chicken and red beans and rice. Chick Fil A though has it down in regards to service. Popeyes , not so much. I have yet to try to Popeyes Chicken sandwich.

Agreed. Chick Fila has managed to figure out customer service. The speed that they can manage a large amount of customers is amazing too.

Which of course his lawyer says happened since this was such a violent act. Imagine being stupid to think any word justifies body slamming a 55 year old woman who was walking away from the store.

I agree, in theory the employee should have shown more restraint. However, I have little tolerance for abuse of service workers. It's not company policy, but customers should know that they are not always right and their ass can be whooped upon request.
So you kick people out of the store when they mouth off and call police if they dont leave. This lady was leaving when your brother decided to slam her. Get a grip

Which of course his lawyer says happened since this was such a violent act. Imagine being stupid to think any word justifies body slamming a 55 year old woman who was walking away from the store.
Usually 55 year old women don't act like racist jerks but everyone is eligible to get an azz whoopin'. This and other fast food restaurant videos should give customers pause before they act like jerks.

Usually 55 year old women don't act like racist jerks but everyone is eligible to get an azz whoopin'. This and other fast food restaurant videos should give customers pause before they act like jerks.
Meanwhile, Popeye's is facing a PR nightmare that may cost them millions in untold revenue, in addition to the millions that this woman will receive in her settlement (because even Popeye's knows that a jury trial would ultimately rule in her favor) ... all because of some jerk with anger management issues.

Meanwhile, Popeye's is facing a PR nightmare that may cost them millions in untold revenue, in addition to the millions that this woman will receive in her settlement (because even Popeye's knows that a jury trial would ultimately rule in her favor) ... all because of some jerk with anger management issues.
All publicity is good publicity. Popeyes will pay for hospital bills, fire the employee and people will forget about it next month.

All publicity is good publicity. Popeyes will pay for hospital bills, fire the employee and people will forget about it next month.
Tell that to Gillette, who had to eat a $7 billion devaluation after getting on their soapbox earlier this year. Popeye's is a third rate chicken franchise and will never surpass Chick-fil-a or KFC in market share.

im still waiting for the hype to die down before i get one. not worth getting stabbed or shot over a $3 fast food chicken sandwich

Tell that to Gillette, who had to eat a $7 billion devaluation after getting on their soapbox earlier this year. Popeye's is a third rate chicken franchise and will never surpass Chick-fil-a or KFC in market share.

Do you really think that Gillette won't come back? Buy low, sell high. Popeye's is more popular than ever.

2wikleehglo31.jpg

I survived a Stone Cold Stunner, a Tombstone Piledriver, a croc attack, and a Hell's Angels Motorcycle gang bang to experience my First Sammie. It was worth it!!!
im glad you didnt get stabbed/shot over it. ive seen cop cars parked around a couple locations to help keep the peace because people are stupid.

im glad you didnt get stabbed/shot over it. ive seen cop cars parked around a couple locations to help keep the peace because people are stupid.
In Popeye's defense, they're a small drive-in Chicken restaurant that has been around a long time who's suddenly seen a wild surge in business because of the introduction of their new sandwich.

Anyone with any background in management knows that is going to create a MAJOR challenge for the individual franchises. The Popeye's in my neck of the woods never seemed to have much drive-thru business. But now it has cars lining up around the store and down the block.

ADVERTISEMENT