ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason rankings

I...don't know. I don't think it's their official rankings but it is their official predictive algorithm. UCF fans talk trash about it because it factors in recruit rankings.
So we would be higher if our recruiting was top 30. I clicked on FPI and I didn’t see recruiting rank. I saw percentage to win 6 games, win division, win conference etc.

So we would be higher if our recruiting was top 30. I clicked on FPI and I didn’t see recruiting rank. I saw percentage to win 6 games, win division, win conference etc.
Yea I had to go back to 2015 to find this:

"In the preseason, these components are made up entirely of data from past seasons, such as returning starters, past performance, recruiting rankings and coaching tenure (more on preseason component below)."
https://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo...ntroducing-espns-college-football-power-index

Was just thinking it wasn't so long ago that any mention of UCF possibly cracking a preseason Top 25 was pretty heady stuff. Now, just about every poll has us among their polls. If this season actually happens, I look forward to our game against the Tarheels - Mack Brown has a lot of excitement building and they rank higher than us in virtually every poll.
A convincing win over the Heels would be really sweet!

Was just thinking it wasn't so long ago that any mention of UCF possibly cracking a preseason Top 25 was pretty heady stuff. Now, just about every poll has us among their polls. If this season actually happens, I look forward to our game against the Tarheels - Mack Brown has a lot of excitement building and they rank higher than us in virtually every poll.
A convincing win over the Heels jwould be really sweet!

Nah. The pollsters would claim that NC was overrated and their record last year was more of an anomaly. Seen it too many times... Heels would drop a bit in the rankings and UCF will hold steady or potentially even lose a spot!
Don't underestimate the powers at large who will do everything to maintain status quo...
If you ain't "P5", you ain't shit.

Nah. The pollsters would claim that NC was overrated and their record last year was more of an anomaly. Seen it too many times... Heels would drop a bit in the rankings and UCF will hold steady or potentially even lose a spot!
Don't underestimate the powers at large who will do everything to maintain status quo...
If you ain't "P5", you ain't shit.

Unfortunately, we've seen that before....like the Stanford game. But if they come in ranked in the teens like some polls have them, and we bomb them at home, it will be great to see the "experts" squirm and back-pedal!

Reactions: Drew-C-F
ADVERTISEMENT