ADVERTISEMENT

President's Speech

pmaknight

Bronze Knight
Jun 5, 2004
Dallas, TX
What are everyone's thoughts? I had my 5 and 8 year old girls watch so they could see their president and I got to explain to them what rape means. That was fun.... it felt like a stream of scary statistics that were not all directly related. He didnt sell me on spending that much money on a part of a wall. 5 billion is a lot of money and I'd rather have another tax cut.

What are everyone's thoughts? I had my 5 and 8 year old girls watch so they could see their president and I got to explain to them what rape means. That was fun.... it felt like a stream of scary statistics that were not all directly related. He didnt sell me on spending that much money on a part of a wall. 5 billion is a lot of money and I'd rather have another tax cut.
How about that American tax payers pay between $3B to 19B annually for illegal immigration. Makes that $5B seem pretty small.

My favorite was when Nancy and Schumer paid lip service to “border security” while laying out their argument for why open borders are awesome and establishing that this is now the de facto position of the DNC

How about that American tax payers pay between $3B to 19B annually for illegal immigration. Makes that $5B seem pretty small.

Estimates are Trump's temper tantrum that resulted in our current government shutdown has cost the American taxpayer 4 to 5 billion dollars. Makes that $5B seem like senseless waste.

Estimates are Trump's temper tantrum that resulted in our current government shutdown has cost the American taxpayer 4 to 5 billion dollars. Makes that $5B seem like senseless waste.

Weren’t you bitching because Trump wanted to remove our forces from Syria? What do you think that costs a day to maintain?

[eyeroll]

How does this work? People not coming in to work costs us money. In fact, at this rate keeping the government shut down for a few weeks is costing us more money than keeping it open AND building 200 miles worth of wall. Something about this isnt right.

$68B to fund food stamps in an economy where we have 3.5% unemployment - all good!

$68B to fund a worthless Dept of Education to set unnecessary federal education standards - all good!

$2.5 Trillion on mandatory entitlements - every cent is necessary!

But $2.5B - $5B is totally impossible to get a little better grip on our insecure border

#LiberalLogic

If we all just give up our daily starbucks coffee, then the wall would be paid for in 1-2 days.

$68B to fund food stamps in an economy where we have 3.5% unemployment - all good!

$68B to fund a worthless Dept of Education to set unnecessary federal education standards - all good!

$2.5 Trillion on mandatory entitlements - every cent is necessary!

But $2.5B - $5B is totally impossible to get a little better grip on our insecure border

#LiberalLogic

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

This is why I love this board, this shit is just so goddamn funny. Ya'll are amazing, please pick up a career in standup.

Last night Trump trashed yet another American tradition: the Presidential TV address.

There was absolutely nothing about last night's speech that covered any new ground or gave anyone the sense of a compelling national emergency.

The result is that the networks are all going to think twice about granting the Commander-in-Chief a platform when it's clearly nothing more than political propaganda.

i thought this was one of his better speeches. he wasnt all crazy and was toned down. i would like to see more of that from him.

I was just thinking about this yesterday. I always kept my girls up to watch the State of the Union, speeches, etc. (regardless of who the president was or whether I was a supporter), but I haven't been able to do that at all with dt. His vile language, name calling, etc. has made it so that my kids can't experience his presidency. I can't wait until I can re-introduce them to presidential civility.

Reactions: ProAttitude
i thought this was one of his better speeches. he wasnt all crazy and was toned down. i would like to see more of that from him.

It speaks to how badly things are right now that your reaction was that Trump did a good job reading his teleprompter and didn't appear as crazy as usual.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
It speaks to how badly things are right now that your reaction was that Trump did a good job reading his teleprompter and didn't appear as crazy as usual.
almost like ive said numerous times how i dont really like donald trump the person but happen to like alot of the results hes gotten.

Last night Trump trashed yet another American tradition: the Presidential TV address.

There was absolutely nothing about last night's speech that covered any new ground or gave anyone the sense of a compelling national emergency.

The result is that the networks are all going to think twice about granting the Commander-in-Chief a platform when it's clearly nothing more than political propaganda.

lol color us shocked that you HATED the address. Truly shocking stuff right here!

Tell me, were you equally outraged when at the end of 2014, Obama used the Primetime Tv Address bully pulpit to demean Republicans, announce that he'd violated the constitution to unilaterally legalize a segment of illegal aliens, and spend most of the address as a political hammer against Republicans in Congress?

Oh, you weren't? Color us shocked!

Will the same people who cheered Obama claiming to seize powers in 2014 that the Executive Branch doesn't even have to legalize illegal aliens, be the same people to scream, yell, and rage when Trump declares a national emergency to order the construction of fencing/wall structures?

I'd like to have this established ahead of time just so I can see who is being a hypocrite here. I think I already know my answer.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Will the same people who cheered Obama claiming to seize powers in 2014 that the Executive Branch doesn't even have to legalize illegal aliens, be the same people to scream, yell, and rage when Trump declares a national emergency to order the construction of fencing/wall structures?

I'd like to have this established ahead of time just so I can see who is being a hypocrite here. I think I already know my answer.
Will the same people that screamed about Obama scream about Trump?

Will the same people that screamed about Obama scream about Trump?

I've already said that using a National Emergency measure to start the wall is a mistake. As Rubio just did today.

I'm just documenting which rabid left wingers will fly into hysterics over this when he announces it, after gushing over Obama for literally violating the separation of powers in 2014 to unilaterally establish immigration law.

I'll count you down as a hypocrite pre-emptively given your response here.

I've already said that using a National Emergency measure to start the wall is a mistake. As Rubio just did today.

I'm just documenting which rabid left wingers will fly into hysterics over this when he announces it, after gushing over Obama for literally violating the separation of powers in 2014 to unilaterally establish immigration law.

I'll count you down as a hypocrite pre-emptively given your response here.

I'll just claim that Obama made a mistake that way I'm free to ridicule Trump without being called out. In fact I think Obama's mistake was impeachable.

what is the point of being the bigger person if the other side is never going to play by the same rules?

Goodness gracious, what a crock of sh*t!!! We're supposed to believe that poor Donald has been the victim of a different set of standards / rules? Wow.

The red hats who were beside themselves with mock outrage during the eight years of President Obama have sure gotten awfully silent regarding Trump's daily shenanigans. You'd hope that at some point, they'd look outside their little boxes and think for themselves.

I'll just claim that Obama made a mistake that way I'm free to ridicule Trump without being called out. In fact I think Obama's mistake was impeachable.

[roll]

Ok then. Claim away - while we remember that you were an Obama fanboy who defended this action many times in the past.

we remember that you were an Obama fanboy who defended this action many times in the past.

We are arguably facing the worst crisis in Presidential leadership in the history of our great country--and your response is, uh, well Obama did some questionable stuff too.

It truly boggles the mind that there are people in this country who still defend all of Trump's nonsense. When Donald is finally -- mercifully -- run out of office, I predict we'll have folks here who will whine that the poor guy was railroaded.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
It explains the little guy's Trump worship. Birds of a feather flock together. :)

The number of outright lies I've caught 85 in is just staggering. He truly does not live in the same reality as the rest of us. Feel free to post that link yourself to call him out. Of course he will end up just adding you to his ignore list as well, he does not appreciate people challenging his insane version of the truth.

We are arguably facing the worst crisis in Presidential leadership in the history of our great country--and your response is, uh, well Obama did some questionable stuff too.

It truly boggles the mind that there are people in this country who still defend all of Trump's nonsense. When Donald is finally -- mercifully -- run out of office, I predict we'll have folks here who will whine that the poor guy was railroaded.

While you're busy mindlessly bitching about Trump and obsessively hating everything he does, and trying to scare everyone about how he's ABUSE POWER!, I'm simply reminding your mindless lefties that Obama exercised the largest unconstitutional power grab in modern American politics. He literally assumed powers that are explicitly granted only to Congress, made an EO, and dared them to challenge him.

And you guys don't care - in fact you cheerlead it. All while whining, daily, about what a meanie Trump is.

I can't find enough ways to write "hypocrite" about you people.

While you're busy mindlessly bitching about Trump and obsessively hating everything he does...

This gem was written by the same poster who has been obsessing about a newly-elected Congresswoman since last November for crying out loud! :)

...and trying to scare everyone about how he's ABUSE POWER!

Speaking of scaring everyone, wasn't that the sole purpose of the President's address last night?

And you guys don't care - in fact you cheerlead it. All while whining, daily, about what a meanie Trump is.

This is priceless. Our little toadie Trumpster defending Trump's shenanigans by telling people they didn't care about perceived past Obama transgressions so it shouldn't matter. I'm trying to recall when President Obama was receiving the same kind of collective angst over his unstable leadership...oops, I forgot, everybody's playing by different rules now, right? [eyeroll]

I can't find enough ways to write "hypocrite" about you people.
LOL You can't make this sh*t up. :)

This gem was written by the same poster who has been obsessing about a newly-elected Congresswoman since last November for crying out loud! :)

Speaking of scaring everyone, wasn't that the sole purpose of the President's address last night?

This is priceless. Our little toadie Trumpster defending Trump's shenanigans by telling people they didn't care about perceived past Obama transgressions so it shouldn't matter. I'm trying to recall when President Obama was receiving the same kind of collective angst over his unstable leadership...oops, I forgot, everybody's playing by different rules now, right? [eyeroll]

LOL You can't make this sh*t up. :)

Trump gave prepared words on TV and you went absolutely nuts over it. Just think about that and let it set in. He used 10 whopping minutes to deliver remarks that he thought were pertinent to the current debate, and somehow this is unacceptable to left wingers. Hilarious! As I said, literally anything the guy does is going to send you into a triggered mess of a response.

Meanwhile, I bring up when your lord and savior Barack Obama violated the separation of powers in 2014 and I get a collective "yawn". As you all prepare to tell everyone how dangerous Trump is for possibly using an EO to start the wall on emergency basis.

At least you all have your priorities straight. You can't make this shi*t up. :)

I'm actually the person obsessing over her. She is crazy, dumb, new power, and slightly hot. Waiting for her take your top off for climate change March! Plus if you get in her inter circle they can steal legally from everyone else.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Trump gave prepared words on TV ... He used 10 whopping minutes to deliver remarks that he thought were pertinent to the current debate....

A televised Presidential debate to share what? What new information was shared in the President's ten-minute remarks that made them worthy of prime time coverage?

It was nothing more than the same old sh*t that Trump's been peddling since the start of his campaign. The real problem with it was that if and when a real crisis surfaces, the networks will think twice before covering it.

ADVERTISEMENT