ADVERTISEMENT

Projected Top QB's in 2021 DG@ #9

never been a fan of the "offensive guru" stuff. would rather just win games before all the titles. plus our offense quite literally couldn't get better than we've had for the past 4 years.

I’m waiting also. Auburn fans said he became ineffective because offense was predictable.
from tape Ive seen I can see why they say that. But I still believe it can work here with some changes. Malzahn offense looks more like "normal" college football that you see everywhere compared to Heupel's whose style I think is very unique visually. Memphis, Tulsa and Cincy have beaten us with just regular schemes and protections which is why I believe CGM can also work here.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
Gabriel averaged 40+ pass attempts last season, he may not even average 30 pass attempts this season. I think his total numbers will go down, completion rates should go up. Wouldn't be surprised if there is more rushing TDs than passing for the team.
Yards may go down but TDS will go up. Run to set up pass.

Gabriel averaged 40+ pass attempts last season, he may not even average 30 pass attempts this season. I think his total numbers will go down, completion rates should go up. Wouldn't be surprised if there is more rushing TDs than passing for the team.
I dont think I understand this comment. Are you saying we will run more than throw the ball? Or are you saying we will not have as many plays?

I dont think I understand this comment. Are you saying we will run more than throw the ball? Or are you saying we will not have as many plays?

Both, the team will run more than they did with Heupel and the team will not play hurry up for 60 minutes regardless of game situation.

Reactions: Endeavor.
A good running game will make the offense more productive in the passing game. I remember with Frost how we were putting up some incredible running and passing numbers. We could return to this :)

Reactions: U C to the F
Both, the team will run more than they did with Heupel and the team will not play hurry up for 60 minutes regardless of game situation.
"Regardless of gane situation" made me laugh then cry. Such poor clock management in that stubborn way of playing. Hopefully we wont have those issues this year.

Reactions: Endeavor.
Run pass ratio was 55/45 under Heupel. I expect similar or more passing with Malzahn especially with a star QB like DG.

A good running game will make the offense more productive in the passing game. I remember with Frost how we were putting up some incredible running and passing numbers. We could return to this :)
UCF averaged 199 rushing per game in 2017. In 2018 under Heupel UCF had the most rushing yards in team history, 266 per game.

Reactions: Wings0fred
ADVERTISEMENT