ADVERTISEMENT

Push SMU back 1 week?

I mean Charlie was a 1 when it got over my house and I didnt have power for 3 weeks.
More importantly any storm limits our ability to practice. We arent having guys prep on wed or thurs if there are tropical force winds outside.
The thing with Charley is that it was the first of the four that summer and to my knowledge, the infrastructure and power grid was strengthened afterwards to reduce downtime. That first one was bad. The rest (Francis) were bad, too, but the power wasn't out as long, if I remember.

What if we cancel our game all together and our players go and help with FEMA aide in Tampa?

We get great publicity by helping the community.

• Dislike
Reactions: PositYourself
Welp, shes a Cat3 now so time to go ahead and push it a week. First responders need to be in Tampa area not at a football game.

1pm + Early October + Florida + stadium with metal bleachers + thousands without power = hot as hell with half the crowd not bothering to show up ?

the low Sunday is actually 67 (first time below 70 in months) so the air probably will feel a little drier during the day

Would have preferred bye week Saturday where we actually would have had a crowd
would disrupt the schedule and true bye week since they been practicing this week . the fact that they kept putting off the decision is bc Gus really wanted to play Saturday

would disrupt the schedule and true bye week since they been practicing this week . the fact that they kept putting off the decision is bc Gus really wanted to play Saturday
I get it, I just would have preferred having a gameday atmosphere vs practice schedule (maybe because I can tangibly see one of these).

Reactions: Poolside Knight
true but they don’t care about tv ratings for this game.
Who is they? Every network cares about ratings. ESPN won’t beat CBS and Fox i guess anyway but less people will watch ob Sunday than just putting it on following Saturday so that doesn’t make sense. If Tampa gets killed today I’d suspect the game gets pushed to next week.

Who is they? Every network cares about ratings. ESPN won’t beat CBS and Fox i guess anyway but less people will watch ob Sunday than just putting it on following Saturday so that doesn’t make sense. If Tampa gets killed today I’d suspect the game gets pushed to next week.
espn , the conference, ucf …the circumstances don’t care about ratings . This isn’t the National Title game

I find this very hard to believe that it won’t be on some form of medium. Especially on Sunday, what else is ESPN airing at 1pm?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT