ADVERTISEMENT

Push SMU back 1 week?

I-4 ramps are under water. Rivers overflowed everywhere. I was thinking about going on Sunday…now I’m not sure I would even be able to get there.

This should be pushed to next Saturday.
Agree. If the game can’t be played on Saturday, it can’t on Sunday. Next Friday or Saturday should be target dates.

Remember SMU. If they are in town, or can get in town, then play the game. Remember when we played in the frozen bowl at SMU in front of 300 fans? Play the game and give the players a real bye week. Put it off and I'm guessing the already OK, yet somehow disappointing team gets worn out by end of year and ends with an embarrassment against the FCS team we play last.

Remember SMU. If they are in town, or can get in town, then play the game. Remember when we played in the frozen bowl at SMU in front of 300 fans? Play the game and give the players a real bye week. Put it off and I'm guessing the already OK, yet somehow disappointing team gets worn out by end of year and ends with an embarrassment against the FCS team we play last.
I doubt it has anything to do with the players. The first responders are needed at other areas. Parts just outside of campus are flooded. Not to mention other areas of Florida. If they would have called it off for this week from beginning the players would have had a true bye week.

I doubt it has anything to do with the players. The first responders are needed at other areas. Parts just outside of campus are flooded. Not to mention other areas of Florida. If they would have called it off for this week from beginning the players would have had a true bye week.
People forget how many other individuals are involved in operating a game day experience at a stadium and it's surrounding areas that has nothing to do with what is actually occurring on the field.

They could just make it easy and say no fans allowed and have the game played with minimal staff needed.

People forget how many other individuals are involved in operating a game day experience at a stadium and it's surrounding areas that has nothing to do with what is actually occurring on the field.

They could just make it easy and say no fans allowed and have the game played with minimal staff needed.
I think postponing until next week would be better than not allowing fans. If both teams weren’t off next week that would be viable. But they are. Im assuming SMU is pushing hard to play this week or it would have already been pushed to next week.

Do you guys ever look at the names on the cop cars when walking around on gane day? There are police and sheriff patrol cars from Brevard, Lake , Orange ,Osceola and Seminole counties. I saw a Howie in the Hills cop car there before . It seems drawing resources right now from the community that might need them for real issues doesn't look good or may not actually be doable . What do I know? I am just a fan .I hope they post pone it .

Do you guys ever look at the names on the cop cars when walking around on gane day? There are police and sheriff patrol cars from Brevard, Lake , Orange ,Osceola and Seminole counties. I saw a Howie in the Hills cop car there before . It seems drawing resources right now from the community that might need them for real issues doesn't look good or may not actually be doable . What do I know? I am just a fan .I hope they post pone it .
I would even do a thursday night game mid week but sunday seems too aggressive of a timeline

I think postponing until next week would be better than not allowing fans. If both teams weren’t off next week that would be viable. But they are. Im assuming SMU is pushing hard to play this week or it would have already been pushed to next week.
SMU has to be wanting to play, they already travelled here. Their choice is either play and get out of here and enjoy a normal bye week at home, or stay for another week on the road.

With the option of moving the game one week with mutual byes, they should have committed to it right away. Instead they gambled and now left in a state of flux where neither team is happy, and game day experience is likely altered.

Last edited:
Yeah once they stalled on a decision any flip flop would just screw up the scheduling for our players

this game isn’t to accommodate fans . If it was OOC it would have been cancelled days ago

Reactions: Knight Strength
Smart more, IMO. Give everyone a few more days to get things in order and to get water pumped out of the roads, get some lights back on, get some trucks in and stuff re-stocked, etc...

Tuesday probably was best, but Wednesday is good, too.

Now, will SMU stay here for a few days and maybe "make a trip out of it" or will they fly back and then fly back in ?

im assuming they are not here. Couldn’t imagine them being in a hotel during a storm. Probably would have been Friday at earliest. Probably Tuesday travel day now.

Thought they traveled prior, but apparently not.

Curious what kind of turnout is expected for Wednesday game.

Thought they traveled prior, but apparently not.

Curious what kind of turnout is expected for Wednesday game.
Officially, it will still be 44K+. Turnstile will still be 35K, IMO. People will want a minor distraction from storm cleanup, etc... and I think a lot more people will be there than if the game were on Sunday.

Officially, it will still be 44K+. Turnstile will still be 35K, IMO. People will want a minor distraction from storm cleanup, etc... and I think a lot more people will be there than if the game were on Sunday.
Would have to be most likely local crowds. Not many people can make arrangements for a Wednesday on short notice. On top of that a lot of people had unplanned days off this past week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT