ADVERTISEMENT

QB 2- Quad Jones or Parker Navarro?

ReturnOf

Bronze Knight
Jan 6, 2008
I thought Quad was #2, but Parker came in for mop up duty?

Was this more a factor of timing in regards to redshirting? can you play the first 4 games without burning a year? That is why he came in before Quad?

Reactions: Knight Strength

Was this more a factor of timing in regards to redshirting? can you play the first 4 games without burning a year? That is why he came in before Quad?
I thought all the players get a pass this year on eligibility. I think they just wanted to get Parker a few live snaps. This year you could be down to the 3rd QB real quick. :cool:

Reactions: Knight Strength
Quad already has shown he’s a solid backup but not much more. Give Parker some live action. I think this year is only a pass to Seniors. Not everyone. Unless they opt out totally.

Reactions: knight_tracker

Yes you can normally play 4 games with it not counting towards eligibility. I think there's a chance Parker is the #2. I don't see any reason to put Parker out there over Quad if Quad is #2. I did notice that squad that went out were all freshman (Rubelt, Richardson, Good, Loften, Marsh-Wojan, etc) or new transfers, so perhaps we just threw in the #3 team instead of the #2 team since it was only a minute left?

Heupel mentioned Quadry in his postgame interview when asked about how good Gabriel looked, basically mentioned Quadry looking great as well in practice. I would guess he's still the #2.

Reactions: knight_tracker
Heupel mentioned Quadry in his postgame interview when asked about how good Gabriel looked, basically mentioned Quadry looking great as well in practice. I would guess he's still the #2.
Recent interview with our QB coach gave glowing report on Quad, basically said that no limitations on the playbook with him in the game......no doubt he is number 2, he was pissed he didn't get into the game but as someone mentioned # 3 needs some reps, he could easily be needed this year........

ADVERTISEMENT