ADVERTISEMENT

QB1

He showed up early for a reason :eyes: he wants the job.

I didn't see the spring game but I heard good things about DG. I am okay with Wimbush being the starter but I was also under the impression that DG wouldn't mind redshirting.
Maybe the choice isn't as clear as we think!

Last edited:
He showed up early for a reason he wants the job.

I didn't see the spring game but I heard good things about DG. I am okay with Wimbush being the starter but I was also under the impression that DG wouldn't mind redshirting.
Maybe the choice isn't as clear as we think!
The choice right now is not clear at all because Wimbush is not very good.

Been watching highlights of the ND games he started in and my mind has changed on him a little, he's a way better runner than I thought even better than Mack at times.
He has the attitude and experience, I really don't see him just coming in and being a scrub.

Last edited:
Reactions: KnightVision82
He is close to being an elite runner. Pair that with a clever run first offense with very good runners surrounding him and I think you have something. If he improves his accuracy under Hype it could be another great season.

I'm not sold on the guy either, but I do trust Hype and the pieces around Wimbush.

It is wimbushs to lose but i think DG is close. Looks loke he has a cannon arm and quick decision making
There’s a lot of upside with DG. Wimbush would be great is we were to go to a wishbone offense. The guy can read defenses, dosent see the field and has a garbage arm. Facts that won’t change.

His 2017 highlight reel is good. Easily the best athlete since Culpepper at the position. He led his team to 13-3 against the toughest schedule in the country.
Daunte wasn’t a super athlete. He ran through guys. Not around them. Milton was probably a better athlete.

It’s pretty amazing that we still have a huge QB controversy with 2 starters out

It’s not like the leftovers are a bunch of bums either.

The only problem that I have is that Wimbush is that he is new to the system and has accuracy issues

With DG, are we willing to possibly lose a few to improve our immediate future? I’m not. Stanford is a quality opponent and Pittsburgh is away

I expect 2-3 QBs to play the first game and at least 2 for the second. We will know by then what we have

Reactions: ahabmw
Brandon Wimbush ran an 11.25 100 meters as a high school senior.

So yes, he is one notch below elite QB speed

Probably runs no slower than a 4.6 40

Who wouldn't take this 50/50 ball all day long? Air it out and let the UCFast receivers go get it! With our stud WRs and RBs our offense is gonna still be awesome with Wimbush! In CJH we trust......
[cheers]

BTW that is a HS QB making a 65 yard pass look easy
[winking]

#FreakAthlete

Having linear speed is great but a good runner also knows how to take hits and avoid going down. Wimbush is one of the best runners on our team.

Reactions: JAFFX2
Daunte wasn’t a super athlete. He ran through guys. Not around them. Milton was probably a better athlete.
I couldn’t disagree more. Daunte was big and fast but he just elected to run through guys at times.

Let’s not confuse the last two great seasons as making KZ a superior athlete to Daunte. I will give the edge to KZ as far as creativity and accuracy but overall size, speed and power at the QB position no one can touch Daunte all time at UCF. I believe Daunte is still the most naturally gifted athlete to ever come through UCF.

ROFL! The guy who rushed for 600 yards and 10 TDs in a season in the NFL and rushed for 2600 yards and 30+ TDs in a career where he played about 5 healthy seasons is not a super athlete? Ok bud.

You are joking I hope. If ratings had existed Daunte would have been the highest rated recruit we ever had. Dude was an athletic freak. Milton may have been able to read defenses better and had great vision but daunte was a much more athletic qb.

Milton had issues all freshman season, Mack gets a pass from many because he only had a few starts despite being with the program for 1.5 years. Yet, many think DG will step in and play like a veteran.

Confidence is a tricky thing, Milton got through hard times. Throw in DG he has a few bad games, who knows where he goes.

ROFL! The guy who rushed for 600 yards and 10 TDs in a season in the NFL and rushed for 2600 yards and 30+ TDs in a career where he played about 5 healthy seasons is not a super athlete? Ok bud.
He was 6-3 255. He ran through people. His most yards was 400 at UCF. Milton has 600 against a tougher schedule. Milton and Culpepper had similar speed while at UCF. Culpepper ran through people and threw bubble screens slot. He had a better arm and better accuracy but was either a bubble screen or a go route. Culpepper scored 7 on Auburn. How much did Milton put up?

You are joking I hope. If ratings had existed Daunte would have been the highest rated recruit we ever had. Dude was an athletic freak. Milton may have been able to read defenses better and had great vision but daunte was a much more athletic qb.
Ratings have nothing to do with this. I’m basing it off of results at UCF. Milton would have broken every QB record if he didn’t get hurt. Already has most of them. In 3 years. Not 4.

He was 6-3 255. He ran through people. His most yards was 400 at UCF. Milton has 600 against a tougher schedule. Milton and Culpepper had similar speed while at UCF. Culpepper ran through people and threw bubble screens slot. He had a better arm and better accuracy but was either a bubble screen or a go route. Culpepper scored 7 on Auburn. How much did Milton put up?
How can you say a guy that’s 170-180lbs that runs a 4.6-4.7 is a better athlete than a guy 6’3 255 that ran a 4.5-4.6, starred in the NFL, played 3 sports, etc??

What’s your criteria for a better athlete?

Putting up up points vs Auburn in different eras of UCF football?

How can you say a guy that’s 170-180lbs that runs a 4.6-4.7 is a better athlete than a guy 6’3 255 that ran a 4.5-4.6, starred in the NFL, played 3 sports, etc??

What’s your criteria for a better athlete?

Putting up up points vs Auburn in different eras of UCF football?
My original point was the guy that said Wimbush is only athlete at QB we’ve had since Culpepper. We’ve had a few that had some speed. Milton being the best with results. Bortles was even a decent athlete. He just glanced over all of them. When people say how fast a guy is they rarely say size. Griffin was fastest ever LB. Do people say yeah but he’s also one the the smallest or leave it at that? But to further prove my point look at rushing yards for both. Same stats but Milton had 1 less season and faced tougher teams. Does a slow unathletic guy run for more yards than a highly gifted athlete? No. Tebow was Culpepper without an arm. Running stats are probably similar. Both ran through guys.

athlete
noun
ath·lete | \ ˈath-ˌlēt , nonstandard ˈa-thə-ˌlēt \
Definition of athlete

1: a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina

My original point was the guy that said Wimbush is only athlete at QB we’ve had since Culpepper. We’ve had a few that had some speed. Milton being the best with results. Bortles was even a decent athlete. He just glanced over all of them. When people say how fast a guy is they rarely say size. Griffin was fastest ever LB. Do people say yeah but he’s also one the the smallest or leave it at that? But to further prove my point look at rushing yards for both. Same stats but Milton had 1 less season and faced tougher teams. Does a slow unathletic guy run for more yards than a highly gifted athlete? No. Tebow was Culpepper without an arm. Running stats are probably similar. Both ran through guys.
I understand the confusion. Maybe I should clarify. When I said “easily the best athlete since Culpepper at the position”, what I meant was the best athlete since Culpepper at the position. Not that Wimbush is the only athlete since Culpepper at the position. Hope that clears things up for you.

So anyway.here a cool article about Culpepper coming out of college. But not sure if I trust the source. Anyone heard of this “sports illustrated”?

https://www.si.com/vault/2000/12/04...forward-progress-he-wants-to-be-the-best-ever
It's a bikini mag for 13 year old boys. Sometimes they have fat girls in two pieces. Well, the girls aren't in two pieces, their swimsuits are.

Don't forget that Culpepper and Milton played in two completely different systems. If Culpepper ran the number of plays per game that Milton did, he would have NCAA 08 set on Junior Varsity numbers. Not to mention the players that have surrounded Milton vs what Culpepper had.

athlete
noun
Definition of athlete

1: a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina
Yes Milton is trained and skilled in the QB position. It doesn’t mention how tall or how much ch you weigh as a be all end all. Shaq was a dominant center. Would you argue that Vince Carter was a better athlete? Shaqs size gave him a distinct advantage. Much like Culpepper. His size is what set him apart. If he was 6 foot 170 he would be average. Milton is well above average even at the disadvantage of his size. I went to UCF all 4 years as Daunte. Most people in here were not students then. He saw him live and thought no one ever would be better than him. Milton the last 2 years did better. Being agile and fast enough helped him.

Culpepper was a better athlete than Milton

Start a poll. That’s probably the best way to settle this in an unbiased manner

Sometimes when you’re wrong, it’s best to just suck it up and throw in the towel than to keep coming up with paragraphs of weirdass arguments to prove a futile point.

Reactions: Nyght Shadow
Reactions: Shark19
athlete
noun
Definition of athlete

Mike Greco ran a 4.38 I believe

athlete
noun
Definition of athlete

Mike Greco ran a 4.38 I believe
Ok so the other guy saying Wimbush is best athlete since Culpepper is flat out wrong. Don’t confuse how good someone is with being athletic. Plenty of fast, strong or agile guys that weren’t as good as non athletic guys in history of sports.

ADVERTISEMENT