ADVERTISEMENT

QB1

Ok so the other guy saying Wimbush is best athlete since Culpepper is flat out wrong. Don’t confuse how good someone is with being athletic. Plenty of fast, strong or agile guys that weren’t as good as non athletic guys in history of sports.
Wimbush is probably the best athlete at QB since Culpepper. He is correct

“Daunte represents the new generation. Quarterbacks keep getting bigger and more athletic, and he is leading the way” -Dennis Green, Head Coach, Minnesota Vikings

“I've been around awhile, and I can tell you: He's the biggest, strongest, fastest quarterback that ever was” -Bubby Brister, 14 year veteran NFL QB and backup on the Vikings

Running the 40-yard dash for NFL scouts one day last year before the draft, Culpepper put up a 4.42, faster than a lot of skill-position players--players he outweighs by as much as 70 pounds. He has bench-pressed 405 pounds and squatted more than 500, numbers that would make most offensive linemen proud. In the off-season the Vikings measured players for body fat. Culpepper's result was somewhere between 7% and 8%. In high school he competed on the weightlifting team. He was also a highly touted high school basketball player, recruited by some of the best programs in the country, Kentucky's among them. To complete the picture, Culpepper was drafted by the New York Yankees in 1995, when he was 18 years old.

ROFL! The guy who rushed for 600 yards and 10 TDs in a season in the NFL and rushed for 2600 yards and 30+ TDs in a career where he played about 5 healthy seasons is not a super athlete? Ok bud.
Just as I said before, stop trying to compare wins or having a great season for Daunte and KZ. I’m going off the very topic you brought up which was athleticism. Pure natural ability and athleticism by far goes to Daunte and there’s no comparison so stop trying to make one. KZ has helped take the program to another level. He’s a great player but that’s not what we’re talking about. If you asked every football player in UCF history that question I bet you 95% percent of them would say Daunte was the best pure athlete to ever come through UCF.

Not to mention Daunte didn’t have anywhere near the o-line that KZ had. Daunte would have destroyed records if he had a line back then like KZ has today at UCF.

“Daunte represents the new generation. Quarterbacks keep getting bigger and more athletic, and he is leading the way” -Dennis Green, Head Coach, Minnesota Vikings

“I've been around awhile, and I can tell you: He's the biggest, strongest, fastest quarterback that ever was” -Bubby Brister, 14 year veteran NFL QB and backup on the Vikings

Running the 40-yard dash for NFL scouts one day last year before the draft, Culpepper put up a 4.42, faster than a lot of skill-position players--players he outweighs by as much as 70 pounds. He has bench-pressed 405 pounds and squatted more than 500, numbers that would make most offensive linemen proud. In the off-season the Vikings measured players for body fat. Culpepper's result was somewhere between 7% and 8%. In high school he competed on the weightlifting team. He was also a highly touted high school basketball player, recruited by some of the best programs in the country, Kentucky's among them. To complete the picture, Culpepper was drafted by the New York Yankees in 1995, when he was 18 years old.
So you’re saying he’s not this guy? :joy:

tenor.gif

athlete
noun
ath·lete | \ ˈath-ˌlēt , nonstandard ˈa-thə-ˌlēt \
Definition of athlete

1: a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina
We aren’t needing the definition of an athlete. It’s being more athletic. Which most people define as faster primarily. Which is easier to determine. Then quick and strong according to your position

Then quick and strong according to your position
I have easily determined that Culpepper and Wimbush are quick and strong. How did I do this you say? By actually watching them play, looking at their sizes and checking their height, weight, and speed through facts

Additionally, Wimbush played 2 sports and Culpepper had played 3

I have easily determined that Culpepper and Wimbush are quick and strong. How did I do this you say? By actually watching them play, looking at their sizes and checking their height, weight, and speed through facts

Additionally, Wimbush played 2 sports and Culpepper had played 3
You didn’t see anyone okay any other sports. You never saw Daunte play. You started watching 8 years ago. Stop with trying to pretend you’re a long time fan.

You didn’t see anyone okay any other sports. You never saw Daunte play. You started watching 8 years ago. Stop with trying to pretend you’re a long time fan.
I’ve been following UCF since the Daunte days. Not before

8 years ago?? That’s idiotic.

Saying that I have been a fan since only 2011 gives you absolutely no credibility. I probably have some ticket stubs somewhere from 2005
or 2007

Classic deflection. Change the argument to something totally different

Someone has to actually attend basketball and baseball games by Culpepper to know that he played in them?

How do I know this? Because a trusted source poster just said it

I’ve been following UCF since the Daunte days. Not before

8 years ago?? That’s idiotic.

Saying that I have been a fan since only 2011 gives you absolutely no credibility. I probably have some ticket stubs somewhere from 2005
or 2007

Classic deflection. Change the argument to something totally different

Someone has to actually attend basketball and baseball games by Culpepper to know that he played in them?

How do I know this? Because a trusted source poster just said it
Culpepper graduated in 98. Same year as me. Your stubs in 2005 mean what?

Culpepper graduated in 98. Same year as me. Your stubs in 2005 mean what?
Means that I have been following UCF for more than 8 years. Since 1995, not 2013 like yourself.

See, 2 can play this silly game.

I don’t have any proof of either, but once again this has zero to do with the argument about athletes, athletic, and athletic QBs

Classic deflection. Can you please stay on topic?

Means that I have been following UCF for more than 8 years. Since 1995, not 2013 like yourself.

See, 2 can play this silly game.

I don’t have any proof of either, but once again this has zero to do with the argument about athletes, athletic, and athletic QBs

Classic deflection. Can you please stay on topic?
I don’t see anyone post anything about 3 sports. Yes he got drafted in football and baseball. Danny Ainge got drafted in Baseball and Basketball. Does that make him super athletic?

In high school he competed on the weightlifting team. He was also a highly touted high school basketball player, recruited by some of the best programs in the country, Kentucky's among them. To complete the picture, Culpepper was drafted by the New York Yankees in 1995, when he was 18 years old.
Here you go

I don’t see anyone post anything about 3 sports. Yes he got drafted in football and baseball. Danny Ainge got drafted in Baseball and Basketball. Does that make him super athletic?

Danny Ainge. Ainge won the national college basketball player of the year award at BYU, but translated his supreme athleticism to the baseball diamond as well, logging 211 games of professional baseball for the Toronto Blue Jays.

Last edited:
Danny Ainge. Ainge won the national college basketball player of the year award at BYU, but translated his supreme athleticism to the baseball diamond as well, logging 211 games of professional baseball for the Toronto Blue Jays.
Yes Ainge was a decent basketball player. Very average at baseball. Next.

He was not given a commitable offer from Kentucky. He was 6-3. Not U.K. worthy.
Oh geez. That’s grasping. It’s still extremely impressive. Ok..., the UCF QB wasn’t Lebron James.

What other UCF QB has ever had any resume even remotely in that ballpark?

211 games isn’t even 1.5 years. Are you retarded?
You are extremely retarded

He was a PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL PLAYER AND college basketball player of the year

He could have played minor league baseball and still be a great athlete

Now you’re saying Tebow isn’t a great athlete

Take a lap

You are extremely retarded

He was a PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL PLAYER AND college basketball player of the year

He could have played minor league baseball and still be a great athlete

Now you’re saying Tebow isn’t a great athlete

Take a lap
Ok so is Tebow and Ainge better athletes than Culpepper?

Brady is best QB of all time. Was a good baseball payer. Don’t confuse him with a great athlete.

Brady is best QB of all time. Was a good baseball payer. Don’t confuse him with a great athlete.
Off topic. Additionally, you are looking for outliers. You are throwing multiple sports together in a random fashion and are actually leaving out strength and power.

Leaving out basketball, track, etc

You are putting a football QB with baseball

Next you’ll be saying chess players who are good at billiards are great athletes

No. I’m disproving your argument.
No you are not. You wouldn’t know disproving or proving an argument, because you will never admit you are wrong and cannot stay on topic

You have completely strayed away from the comparison of Milton, Wimbush and Culpepper’s athleticism comparison

Well.., I think that the consensus is that Culpepper was a great athlete and so is Wimbush. Culpepper probably apparently was more athletic.

Milton was a great QB and great at winning games, however he probably isn’t as athletic as the above 2. Don’t think that is going out on a limb

I’m not sure how anyone could argue those facts

Although @BlakNGoldAllDay believes that strictly because Culpepper ran over people (not around them) and apparently for no other reason (maybe because he didn’t beat Auburn in 1998) that he’s not as good of an athlete as Milton

Good luck with that!

I haven’t been reading the posts in detail but it sounds like the main takeaway is Tebow was the best athlete to ever play for UCF - did I miss anything?

Oh and I definitely agree that 2 QBs see the field in week 1. My guess would be Wimbush starting with DG backing him up but what are the odds it’s QJ that gets the playing time?

Reactions: Knight Strength
Realize that comparing stats is an apples to oranges comparison. Daunte played when UCF was transitioning from division 1aa to 1a. He also played in a completely different system. Daunte never had the weapons around him like Milton does. The one year he had an above average receiver (Siaha Burley) and average team he went 9-2. Are both Daunte and Milton great QBs? - yes. But in terms of athleticism Daunte beats Milton hands down. Could Milton win in a footrace? - maybe. There is a reason Daunte was a first round pick and Milton was a question to be drafted pre injury.

Oh and I also went to school the same years as Daunte. I even have the Central Florida Future announcing both Daunte and Todd Cleveland coming to UCF. So I think I can speak having seen both Daunte and Milton.

Daunte was a man among boys at UCF. Yes he was a mega athlete and no, speed is not the measure of an "athlete". There.

Reactions: Nyght Shadow
Big and strong are? I’d put Deion Sanders and Shaq Griffen up there with being athletic. Mostly fast. Which is my biggest indicator.

Speed, strength, agility, coordination, intelligence, skill, creativity, etc. are attributes of athleticism. One can be fast or strong but not very athletic- can’t catch a ball thrown at him. The best athlete is the person that puts these things together to be successful. Michael Jordan was one of the best athletes this world has ever seen but didn’t develop the skills/understanding necessary to be a baseball player. Same goes with Usain Bolt who is trying to play professional soccer. He hasn’t developed the skill. He is faster than everyone on the field but doesn’t have the necessary skill. Daunte and Milton are both excellent athletes but used different attributes to be successful at UCF. I’m just glad they both went to UCF. Wimbush is an unknown at UCF and I hope he turns out to be spoken in the same breath with Daunte, Bortles, and Milton. Just all my opinion!!

Speed, strength, agility, coordination, intelligence, skill, creativity, etc. are attributes of athleticism. One can be fast or strong but not very athletic- can’t catch a ball thrown at him. The best athlete is the person that puts these things together to be successful. Michael Jordan was one of the best athletes this world has ever seen but didn’t develop the skills/understanding necessary to be a baseball player. Same goes with Usain Bolt who is trying to play professional soccer. He hasn’t developed the skill. He is faster than everyone on the field but doesn’t have the necessary skill. Daunte and Milton are both excellent athletes but used different attributes to be successful at UCF. I’m just glad they both went to UCF. Wimbush is an unknown at UCF and I hope he turns out to be spoken in the same breath with Daunte, Bortles, and Milton. Just all my opinion!!
Very well said.

I know it’s just your opinion, but things like intelligence do not make a great athlete

Milton is the smartest QB we have ever had in terms of field mastery. He is quick but more important he sees the whole field in a second. In college football that is more important than strength, size or speed. He reacts instantly and instinctively. I think he is the best we have ever had at that position. Dautne was the best athlete we have had. If we could combine KZ's mind with Daunte's body....

Reactions: Ucfmikes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT