ADVERTISEMENT

QB1

Milton is the smartest QB we have ever had in terms of field mastery. He is quick but more important he sees the whole field in a second. In college football that is more important than strength, size or speed. He reacts instantly and instinctively. I think he is the best we have ever had at that position. Dautne was the best athlete we have had. If we could combine KZ's mind with Daunte's body....
Agreed. KZ is very smart. Daunte was athletic. The most

However, overall, KZ is a good, but not great athlete. Not in the class of Daunte in that respect

I’ve been following UCF since the Daunte days. Not before

8 years ago?? That’s idiotic.

Saying that I have been a fan since only 2011 gives you absolutely no credibility. I probably have some ticket stubs somewhere from 2005
or 2007

Classic deflection. Change the argument to something totally different

Someone has to actually attend basketball and baseball games by Culpepper to know that he played in them?

How do I know this? Because a trusted source poster just said it
http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Hon...hts-Mililani-High-School-Football-Peach-Bowl/

Milton played multiple sports too.

Yes he was. His parents ran the youth football league so he stopped playing the others to concentrate on football.
Ok great. He played other sports
Good job doing your google search. Not sure exactly what that means.

Last edited:
We can agree to disagree then. I know people who went to school with Bo Jackson and they said that he was a box of rocks.

Just never heard anyone use intelligence as a gauge of athleticism before.

But then again, I have now seen several different interpretations of the definition of athleticism on here

So, it technically makes this argument and can make any argument sort of null and void.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I would not be one bit shocked if they rolled Quadry out there on August 29th

Actually, he has the most experience of the 3 in this system

Surprised? Yes. Shocked? No

DG is a true freshman and who knows really if Wimbush is ahead of Quadry

Quadry had a better spring game

If the UCF QB situation was based on high school accolades or famous schools, guys like Pete Dinovo, Patti and Godfrey as a senior would have been starting and not Blake Bortles

Play whoever can produce, but I expect 3 QBs to play in game #1.

Last edited:
Reactions: knight_tracker
We can agree to disagree then. I know people who went to school with Bo Jackson and they said that he was a box of rocks.

Just never heard anyone use intelligence as a gauge of athleticism before.

But then again, I have now seen several different interpretations of the definition of athleticism on here

So, it technically makes this argument and can make any argument sort of null and void.
Bo Jackson was not a QB

More athletic, Taaffe or GOL?
O’Leary. He was drafted 3rd overall by the Red Sox and turned down offers to play basketball for all the top schools so that he could be the starting QB at Notre Dame where he led them to back to back national championships while breaking the NCAA passing yard and touchdown records. It’s not even debatable*

O’Leary. He was drafted 3rd overall by the Red Sox and turned down offers to play basketball for all the top schools so that he could be the starting QB at Notre Dame where he led them to back to back national championships while breaking the NCAA passing yard and touchdown records. It’s not even debatable*
Lol :joy: Agreed. If anyone wants to dispute this, it’s clearly typed out on his resume

It’s pretty amazing that we still have a huge QB controversy with 2 starters out

It’s not like the leftovers are a bunch of bums either.

The only problem that I have is that Wimbush is that he is new to the system and has accuracy issues

With DG, are we willing to possibly lose a few to improve our immediate future? I’m not. Stanford is a quality opponent and Pittsburgh is away

I expect 2-3 QBs to play the first game and at least 2 for the second. We will know by then what we have

I trust our coaches will make the best choice, especially if it is obvious. If it is too close to call I would go with Wimbush because of his experience. Our receivers can make a lot of QB's look great.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Am I the only one who wants to see some Quadry Jones this year? I really know nothing about him besides his Spring game... would love to see more of his play (wild card!).

And if you would rather have Milton over Culpepper, get off the sauce. Milton would rather have Culpepper...

Am I the only one who wants to see some Quadry Jones this year? I really know nothing about him besides his Spring game... would love to see more of his play (wild card!).

And if you would rather have Milton over Culpepper, get off the sauce. Milton would rather have Culpepper...
If Quadry Jones is the starter, so be it. If the dude can play, he should get the opportunity
I think he will get snaps in the first game and if he lights it up...., oh boy

If Quadry is the starter, then DG transfers. Something to think about.

We don’t owe Wimbush anything and Mack broke his ankle, so DG is sort of the guy that we have to be careful with as far as losing him

Stop posting about things you have zero knowledge of. Wimbush is a career 50% passer.He was the starter at ND and had to leave town to look for a place where he could play. Get over it.
You have zero knowledge of Wimbush. Once you said that he doesn’t have a strong arm, you lost 100% of your credibility

A poster just proved it with a video of a 65 yard pass in the air in HIGH SCHOOL.

You need to step up your troll game

Stop posting about things you have zero knowledge of. Wimbush is a career 50% passer.He was the starter at ND and had to leave town to look for a place where he could play. Get over it.
We have a ND fan here (domer88?) who gives good perspective on what happened with BW at ND. Look for his posts.

Only as a feel good success story. If he gets significant playing time likely it is because Wimbush is sucking eggs. I would take Milton over any QB we ever had (and I have always been a huge Culpepper fan) . From a college game standpoint, the kid has it.

Last edited:
We have a ND fan here (domer88?) who gives good perspective on what happened with BW at ND. Look for his posts.
Can you copy one of his posts?

If you compare 2017 to 2018 there is definitely a difference. I like the 2017 version QB.
I watched him in 2018 and looked like he was overthrowing a lot of his receivers.

I remember there was a big difference between 2016 KZ and 2017/2018 KZ.
I hope we see the 2017 version of Wimbush this year. However, unlike years ago we still have two other QBs who are good enough to win the starting job and run our offense. As far as the 3 QBs go I just hope by the end of game 2 (FAU), we know who our starting, best chance for winning QB is.

If you compare 2017 to 2018 there is definitely a difference. I like the 2017 version QB.
I watched him in 2018 and looked like he was overthrowing a lot of his receivers.

I hope we see the 2017 version of Wimbush this year. However, unlike years ago we still have two other QBs who are good enough to win the starting job and run our offense. As far as the 3 QBs go I just hope by the end of game 2 (FAU), we know who our starting, best chance for winning QB is.

Check the Knight line post that just popped in. He posted a long post on there that answers the questions today.

Reactions: Wings0fred

This from earlier today. Not sure if you can search for others but I remember other posts shortly after BW transferred here.

"As for the low passing stats from BW from 2017, some context would probably help. Check out the rushing stats in those games. Not just his, but the whole team's. We had Josh Adams, who was a Heisman contender until he wore down in November, running behind two top 10 draft picks on the left side of the line, one of which was named an All Pro as a rookie. We didn't throw a ton because we didn't have to. We were able to run the ball down teams' throats and throw the occasional deep ball when they would stack the line too much.

And for the 2018 games, we played Michigan with an offense that fit BW that had him running and taking big shots down the field. After that game, we took the next two games to try and see if he could fit the system our OC wanted. Those were the Ball State and Vandy games. You can go back and watch those and see the number of times he could have run for big gains (especially against Ball State), but was trying to force throws because we wanted him to become more of a pocket passer. When he couldn't do that, we replaced him with Book who is basically the antithesis of BW from a physical tools perspective. He did not have the speed, physicality, or big arm of Brandon, but he did have pinpoint accuracy on short routes which is what we needed with our group of possession receivers and tight ends.

If you want to see some of the best and the worst of BW in two games, watch the 2018 Michigan and FSU games. He will make some amazing throws and then make some really bad throws, but no matter what the threat of him running open lanes and effects the ability to run against even a great defense."

This from earlier today. Not sure if you can search for others but I remember other posts shortly after BW transferred here.

"As for the low passing stats from BW from 2017, some context would probably help. Check out the rushing stats in those games. Not just his, but the whole team's. We had Josh Adams, who was a Heisman contender until he wore down in November, running behind two top 10 draft picks on the left side of the line, one of which was named an All Pro as a rookie. We didn't throw a ton because we didn't have to. We were able to run the ball down teams' throats and throw the occasional deep ball when they would stack the line too much.

And for the 2018 games, we played Michigan with an offense that fit BW that had him running and taking big shots down the field. After that game, we took the next two games to try and see if he could fit the system our OC wanted. Those were the Ball State and Vandy games. You can go back and watch those and see the number of times he could have run for big gains (especially against Ball State), but was trying to force throws because we wanted him to become more of a pocket passer. When he couldn't do that, we replaced him with Book who is basically the antithesis of BW from a physical tools perspective. He did not have the speed, physicality, or big arm of Brandon, but he did have pinpoint accuracy on short routes which is what we needed with our group of possession receivers and tight ends.

If you want to see some of the best and the worst of BW in two games, watch the 2018 Michigan and FSU games. He will make some amazing throws and then make some really bad throws, but no matter what the threat of him running open lanes and effects the ability to run against even a great defense."
I thought it was @DomerFan88

Reactions: Knight Strength
My take away from ND fans is that our offense fits BW better than NDs offense did. I don't follow them so I can't speak on the topic but this does keep me from stressing a lot. I assume they know our offense well enough to make this statement. Any other ND fans in here agree or disagree with those statements?

Kind of off topic but I also remember reading a few comments that ND fans were unhappy with the events that led to BW being benched.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT