ADVERTISEMENT

Question about 2019 Schedule

GeniusParks

Four-Star Recruit
Sep 16, 2006
Now that the winning streak is over (the 30+ points is still going though), most people think (er, hope-if they're trolls) that UCF will just disappear off the face of CFB earth.

But looking at the 2019 Schedule, I don't see where a loss is going to happen. Stanford is not the Stanford of Andrew Luck or Christian McCaffrey. Pitt still sucks. And there's no Memphis on the regular season schedule (though if they meet in the AACCG would that give some UCF/Memphis 5 wins/losses over the same team?)

UCF opens the season against Florida A&M, and then goes to FAU.

My question is this: Can they buy those games out and replace them with 2 more P5 teams? Rumors say they were close to replacing Louisville to play Bama to start this year so tweeks to the schedule can still occur. The streak doesn't matter anymore but for UCF to remain relevant, they should only play P5's when out of conference. They are good enough to be competitive/win those games and it should help (not hurt) them in their hunt for NY6 bids.

First idea would be to come up with an agreement with the NCAA & ND to allow for 13 games. Notre Dame is not in a P5 conference so they lack a "13th data point". I say cancel the Florida A&M game and play ND on their bye week of October 19th or be the first game of the CFB Season on Aug 24.

Second Idea is to play Va Tech in place of FAU and have FAU play Furman.

Can Danny White pull off a schedule change this late in the game? I don't want to see you guys go 12-0 and get shut out again.

Reactions: GoKnights2003
Mack is going to be in his first season. Don't expect him to play like a 2-3 year starter. He's got a lot to learn. I'll go with 2-3 loses overall.

The strength of schedule is just a smoke screen used to keep us out of the P5 invitational.

DW will do what is best for UCF.

Now that the winning streak is over (the 30+ points is still going though), most people think (er, hope-if they're trolls) that UCF will just disappear off the face of CFB earth.

But looking at the 2019 Schedule, I don't see where a loss is going to happen. Stanford is not the Stanford of Andrew Luck or Christian McCaffrey. Pitt still sucks. And there's no Memphis on the regular season schedule (though if they meet in the AACCG would that give some UCF/Memphis 5 wins/losses over the same team?)

UCF opens the season against Florida A&M, and then goes to FAU.

My question is this: Can they buy those games out and replace them with 2 more P5 teams? Rumors say they were close to replacing Louisville to play Bama to start this year so tweeks to the schedule can still occur. The streak doesn't matter anymore but for UCF to remain relevant, they should only play P5's when out of conference. They are good enough to be competitive/win those games and it should help (not hurt) them in their hunt for NY6 bids.

First idea would be to come up with an agreement with the NCAA & ND to allow for 13 games. Notre Dame is not in a P5 conference so they lack a "13th data point". I say cancel the Florida A&M game and play ND on their bye week of October 19th or be the first game of the CFB Season on Aug 24.

Second Idea is to play Va Tech in place of FAU and have FAU play Furman.

Can Danny White pull off a schedule change this late in the game? I don't want to see you guys go 12-0 and get shut out again.
Like that overall. I just dont think we need to "beg" p5.

The SEC is going to a 2 bye-week schedule next year. I'm too lazy right now to see if other conferences are doing the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT