ADVERTISEMENT

Question on Tailgating / Parking for the FIU game 24 SEP

jckegger

Two-Star Recruit
Sep 27, 2013
According the FIU website- a reservation is required for the tailgating lots to secure a spot (other than that first come first serve). So I was planning on reserving a spot just to make sure I secure one. I have an email out to FIU for more information but wanted to check here to see if anyone else has already made their plans or had additional information.

Is anyone else planning on going/tailgating? If so, where are you setting up. Lot 6 appears to be student tailgating, so I'm guessing I should go Lot 7 / Nature trail?
Does anyone know/have a link or form to submit a parking reservation request?

https://parking.fiu.edu/wp-content/.../2016-FootballTailgateParkingGuidelines-3.pdf

According the FIU website- a reservation is required for the tailgating lots to secure a spot (other than that first come first serve). So I was planning on reserving a spot just to make sure I secure one. I have an email out to FIU for more information but wanted to check here to see if anyone else has already made their plans or had additional information.

Is anyone else planning on going/tailgating? If so, where are you setting up. Lot 6 appears to be student tailgating, so I'm guessing I should go Lot 7 / Nature trail?
Does anyone know/have a link or form to submit a parking reservation request?

https://parking.fiu.edu/wp-content/.../2016-FootballTailgateParkingGuidelines-3.pdf

We're going to try to tailgate in the nature trail lot. It appears to be the only one that's grass. We couldn't find anywhere online to pay the 10$ to reserve a spot. We'll probably have to call....once we find a phone number.

We're going to try to tailgate in the nature trail lot. It appears to be the only one that's grass. We couldn't find anywhere online to pay the 10$ to reserve a spot. We'll probably have to call....once we find a phone number.

Here is the contact information that I dug up. I have an email out to them now, and was planning to call if I don't get a reply back in the next day or so.

For further questions, please contact: FIU Parking & Transportation

 Modesto A. Maidique Campus - 885 SW 109 Ave

 Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00pm

 Telephone Hours: Monday – Friday 7:00 am to 1:00am

 Phone: 305-348-3615

 Email: parking@fiu.edu

Here is the contact information that I dug up. I have an email out to them now, and was planning to call if I don't get a reply back in the next day or so.

For further questions, please contact: FIU Parking & Transportation

 Modesto A. Maidique Campus - 885 SW 109 Ave

 Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00pm

 Telephone Hours: Monday – Friday 7:00 am to 1:00am

 Phone: 305-348-3615

 Email: parking@fiu.edu

Thanks. We'll try contacting them as well. Please post if you get any info. I'll do the same.

Thanks. We'll try contacting them as well. Please post if you get any info. I'll do the same.
I spoke to the parking and transportation department. They said that reservations do not open up until a week before the event, so you can reserve a spot as of the 17th for the UCF game. You will need to go to https://parking.fiu.edu and click on the "events tab". They said on the 17th there will be a tab under that page for "tailgating" and you can reserve you spot then.

I spoke to the parking and transportation department. They said that reservations do not open up until a week before the event, so you can reserve a spot as of the 17th for the UCF game. You will need to go to https://parking.fiu.edu and click on the "events tab". They said on the 17th there will be a tab under that page for "tailgating" and you can reserve you spot then.

Thank you. We'll see what happens.

LOL, does FIU really have a problem with their tailgating spots filling up? I watched the Louisville game...if they had 2500 people in the stands I'd be surprised.

You don't have to reserve a spot. Last game tons of open spots everywhere. There will only be 5k at the game. 2.5k being ucf fans. It is a different experience for sure. Literally no lines for concessions at half time.

They give away Ipads to students to show up.

Throngs of crazed college students packed tents, bumping and grinding to sexually-explicit songs. Nearly all would drink massive amounts of alcohol, and many enjoyed what seemed like an “anything goes” atmosphere, with public sex and nudity commonly seen, while other groups would opt for sex in portable toilets.

Woah. I've seen some crazy stuff at tailgates. Reckless drinking - of course. Fights? Yeah. Bumping and grinding and even the occasional public nudity -- yeah, ok. Public sex and sex in port-o-lets? Not so much. That has to be overblown.

The reason you have to register now is because they took away that huge field tailgating area that made the FIU tailgating experience actually really fun: http://sweetwaterpost.com/201509201066/end-of-excessively-wild-tailgate-parties-as-fiu-changes-policy-on-tailgating/
latest

Reactions: Mikesi
The reason you have to register now is because they took away that huge field tailgating area that made the FIU tailgating experience actually really fun: http://sweetwaterpost.com/201509201066/end-of-excessively-wild-tailgate-parties-as-fiu-changes-policy-on-tailgating/
Thanks for the link. Crap, guess we will miss out on all the fun stuff. Public sex?? Ok. Sex in port-o-lets?
Nah.

I hear at West Virginia tailgates, they push them over in the rain and party in the puddles/pools made.

Update:
I received an email back and it said the forms will be up on the website on the 19th (on the phone the said the 17). So I'm not sure what day registration will be, and obviously, neither does the FIU parking office....

Thank you for contacting the Customer Care Center, we hope this email finds you well. We would like to apologize for the delay in response to your email. Tailgate reservation request forms will be up on our website on Monday September 19th. The link is www.parking.fiu.edu/tailgating.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact our office at 305.348.3615.

Best Regards,

Customer Care Center

PG5 Market Station

885 SW 109th Ave, Miami FL 33199

Tel: 305-348-3615 | Fax: 305-348-6489

Reactions: Essency and Mikesi
Is this just the big grassy field? Last 2 times I remember just pulling up, parking, and tailgating. So this requires a pass now?

Is this just the big grassy field? Last 2 times I remember just pulling up, parking, and tailgating. So this requires a pass now?

No pass required. Their reservation program is just for folks who want a guarantee they'll get a tailgate spot in the area they want to tailgate. It's first come first served for the most part and there shouldn't be any issues. It's FIU.

Reactions: jtGoldenKnights
Don't forget to reserve your port-o-let if you plan on getting busy at the tailgate.

No pass required. Their reservation program is just for folks who want a guarantee they'll get a tailgate spot in the area they want to tailgate. It's first come first served for the most part and there shouldn't be any issues. It's FIU.
As an FYI- If you want to reserve a spot for the Nature Trail / Lot 7- You have to select "Alumni" from list on the reservation page and then the option becomes available. If you don't, it's just a random "reservation" for anywhere.

Reactions: Essency
As an FYI- If you want to reserve a spot for the Nature Trail / Lot 7- You have to select "Alumni" from list on the reservation page and then the option becomes available. If you don't, it's just a random "reservation" for anywhere.

Thanks! That helps.

Thanks! I like the pull up and park in the field approach they have.

Follow up: The West Palm Beach, Southeast, and Southwest Alumni associations are calling for all UCF fans to tailgate at the softball lot for the FIU game. Looks like they will not have a formal group tailgate, but just wanting everyone to bring their own stuff so it's bring your own beer/tents/chairs/ext.

https://www.facebook.com/UCFAlumniPalmBeach/?fref=ts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT