ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking and Bowl Game Preperation

KnightVision82

Diamond Knight
Jan 26, 2004
A lot of disinformation and frustration going on these days on this board but its to be expected as I was very disappointed to hear about Frost leaving but it was inevitable so it´s in the past done now.

1. During my searching of internet for coaching info I ran into statement that our defensive play was one excuse the CFP ranking people used to justify us being ranked where we are. If this is true, they have a strong case to make. Our defense got worse and worse over the past two seasons as the season dragged on. I´ve never seen a UCF team play such inconsistent defense before next to 0-12 season. Our defensive playmakers kept us alive.

2. During GOL era he would use the extra practices when we got into bowl games to work with red shirts. There is no need for that this season as new coaching staff will have new playbook. Also, GOL would give players first week off to get their semester ending school work and preparation, taking of finals done. I hope our admin people are able to give old coaching staff the resources they need to prepare for bowl game. It has to be difficult to make room for two coaching staffs. We should support the old coaching staff who will be working to win the Peach Bowl despite our feelings.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out but I´m going to Atlanta to support my team and I will support our old staff when they are on the field with my team. After Jan. 1, it really doesn´t matter how we all deal with this. I´m looking forward to seeing UCF have a better defense and a very good offense with the next coaching staff.

Notice there is one team name missing from this post :) Go Knights!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT