ADVERTISEMENT

RB Depth

dr_ligma

Four-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2019
It looks like the clown car is going to be squeezed tight this upcoming season - what a problem to have!
Malzahn has a lot of tools to tinker with and has a solid track record of rb utilization in his offenses

No particular order:
Bentavious Thompson - most experienced and has been reliable
Damarius Good - seems like an all purpose athlete
Johnny Richardson - explosive/exciting runner from what I've seen
RJ Harvey - stocky build and hs tape shows running ability
Trillion Coles - injured last year with achilles tear
Anthony Williams - bigger back upcoming freshman
MAR - highly touted
Isaiah Bowser - brought on to be a downhill back

I wonder what the depth chart will shake out to be.... share your thoughts/predictions

Reactions: Knight Strength
Coach made it sound like he was concerned he’d have enough healthy players at the position for the scrimmage.

Coach made it sound like he was concerned he’d have enough healthy players at the position for the scrimmage.
skill positions might be weakest since 2016...I hope not but WR is thin...costs of Heup not recruiting

wouldn’t mind a surprise WR transfer , need some size

Reactions: Yaes
It looks like the clown car is going to be squeezed tight this upcoming season - what a problem to have!
Malzahn has a lot of tools to tinker with and has a solid track record of rb utilization in his offenses

No particular order:
MAR - highly touted

I wonder what the depth chart will shake out to be.... share your thoughts/predictions

Very inexperienced clown car.

NW Transfer Bowser, has more experience and almost double the carries of any Fall UCF RB. He has about twice as many carries (334) as Beno (189 carries in 3 years).

Harvey has just 3 career carries.

Auburn transfer Richards coming this summer has only 20 career carries.

Richardson has a total of 11 carries in his career.

Gus was obviously looking for a RB he can trust...especially maybe in short yardage and/or inside the Red Zone.

This will be our most inexperienced RB' group since the 2015 season.

Killims, McCrae, and Anderson essentially owned the position since 2017. Then the next most rushing was either by Milton or Mack.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Gus is going to work the RB position harder than Heup. We need the RB depth just like they saw the need at Wisconsin when Isaiah Bowser was a freshmen. We've got some skill position players at WR that will blossom this season :)

Reactions: UCF_Kaz
Gus is going to work the RB position harder than Heup. We need the RB depth just like they saw the need at Wisconsin when Isaiah Bowser was a freshmen. We've got some skill position players at WR that will blossom this season :)
He was a Freshman at Wisconsin?

No particular order:
MAR - highly touted

Here is one you missed, he is currently listed on the roster as a RB with outstanding measurable skills.......

He probably runs a 4.6/4.7 at best. Fans buy the hype.
Perhaps they lied about his 20 reps also.........which BTW is better than anyone at lasts weeks Pro day by a long shot...........but why wouldn't anyone expect you to be anything but the cynical asshat that you typically are ;)

He is a walk on. You can see all his workout videos on his Twitter.
Being a walk on really doesn't mean a thing, he is on the roster and played in last weeks scrimmage.......and honestly he looked decent. He had a nice run to the second level and if hadn't lost his balance he might have taken it all the way. I doubt he sees the field much this year but has reasonable potential

Reactions: Terrorizzertz
Being a walk on really doesn't mean a thing, he is on the roster and played in last weeks scrimmage.......and honestly he looked decent. He had a nice run to the second level and if hadn't lost his balance he might have taken it all the way. I doubt he sees the field much this year but has reasonable potential
Harris had the same problem when he started, he use to fall down all the time after making a big catch. Last season he was seeing the end zone more. You concentrate on going fast and catching the ball first, then the YAC foot work :) Comes with a level of comfort in the first two. Some athletes are very fluid and fast and have God-given good balance. I always had to push through the running around with pads thing. Never a burner though so my career never had any college potential like this youngster.

Harris had the same problem when he started, he use to fall down all the time after making a big catch. Last season he was seeing the end zone more. You concentrate on going fast and catching the ball first, then the YAC foot work :) Comes with a level of comfort in the first two. Some athletes are very fluid and fast and have God-given good balance. I always had to push through the running around with pads thing. Never a burner though so my career never had any college potential like this youngster.
The comparison to Harris is extremely appropriate for anyone questioning a walk on that can run a legit sub 4.4 forty........... 😂 😂 😂

The comparison to Harris is extremely appropriate for anyone questioning a walk on that can run a legit sub 4.4 forty........... 😂 😂 😂
Loved watching Harris on punts the year he got his scholly. Guy would be there in a millisecond

Reactions: JAFFX2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT