ADVERTISEMENT

RBG hospitalized after fall

UCFWayne

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2011
Casselberry
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...d-after-fall-supreme-court-office/1928409002/

Ginsburg, 85, went home after the fall but continued to experience "discomfort overnight" and went to George Washington University Hospital early Thursday. Tests revealed she fractured three ribs and she "was admitted for observation and treatment," according to the statement.

"I'm now 85," Ginsburg said in July, according to CNN. "My senior colleague, Justice John Paul Stevens, he stepped down when he was 90, so I think I have about at least five more years."

Trump might get to appoint another justice

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...d-after-fall-supreme-court-office/1928409002/

Ginsburg, 85, went home after the fall but continued to experience "discomfort overnight" and went to George Washington University Hospital early Thursday. Tests revealed she fractured three ribs and she "was admitted for observation and treatment," according to the statement.

"I'm now 85," Ginsburg said in July, according to CNN. "My senior colleague, Justice John Paul Stevens, he stepped down when he was 90, so I think I have about at least five more years."

Highly likely

Reactions: UCFWayne
Remember when @fried-chicken attacked our older citizens and stated that no one over 62 should be able to vote?

If that's true, then surely RBG should retire already. She can't be trusted to make sound decisions at 85 years old, as @fried-chicken has already laid out the case why.
I couldn't agree more. In my sweeping proposal to eliminate old people's voting rights I feel that old people should also be eliminated from all positions of leadership in the government. They lead the country in a direction that is against the wishes of people who will actually be alive to suffer through it. Young people need to determine the direction of America. Old people have ****ed it up long enough.

Reactions: UCFKnight85
I couldn't agree more. In my sweeping proposal to eliminate old people's voting rights I feel that old people should also be eliminated from all positions of leadership in the government. They lead the country in a direction that is against the wishes of people who will actually be alive to suffer through it. Young people need to determine the direction of America. Old people have ****ed it up long enough.

Excellent, glad you agree.

So we'll throw out every Justice over 62 which will leave a court comprised of Kavanagh, Gorsuch, and Kagan.

I'd love it. Great idea with sound rationale. Let's go.

Excellent, glad you agree.

So we'll throw out every Justice over 62 which will leave a court comprised of Kavanagh, Gorsuch, and Kagan.

I'd love it. Great idea with sound rationale. Let's go.

Trump is over 62 you stupid inbred moron.

Goddamnit it really takes the fun out of these discussions when we have to explain everything to you like you have the mental capacity of a 3 year old.

Trump is over 62 you stupid inbred moron.

Goddamnit it really takes the fun out of these discussions when we have to explain everything to you like you have the mental capacity of a 3 year old.

3 year olds should have more of a say in our future than 63 year olds, so his opinion is valid.

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
Never go head to head with a superior intellect. That statement remains valid for 23 more years in my case. At that point, my opinion means nothing.

23 more years is plenty of time to solidify your role as benevolent dictator of the cooler.

23 more years is plenty of time to solidify your role as benevolent dictator of the cooler.

I suggest you start a violent uprising that would put me in my rightful place as murderous overlord of this board sooner rather than later. I don't know if 23 years is enough time to get 85s mind in the right place.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I suggest you start a violent uprising that would put me in my rightful place as murderous overlord of this board sooner rather than later. I don't know if 23 years is enough time to get 85s mind in the right place.

I'm more of a non violent kind of guy, so I'll pull some ghandi type shit. You have the harder end to pull off anyway.

You would have to renounce your allegiance to Big Red and swear fealty to the Knights first.

3 year olds should have more of a say in our future than 63 year olds, so his opinion is valid.
We have a waiting period to vote. 18 years. We should have the eligibility period end 18 years before the average age of death.

Voting 3 years after birth is just as insane as voting 3 years before death

I don't think you understand how "murderous overlord" works. Peasant
As long as you tout the glory of the Knights, we will tolerate your tyranny. The moment you diverge we will rise up in glorious revolution

As long as you tout the glory of the Knights, we will tolerate your tyranny. The moment you diverge we will rise up in glorious revolution

The CFP committee isnt concerned about how glorious your revolution can be, so why would an all powerful God-king like myself be worried about it? Now bow to your cornhusker overlord!

We have a waiting period to vote. 18 years. We should have the eligibility period end 18 years before the average age of death.

Voting 3 years after birth is just as insane as voting 3 years before death

Its their future. JUICE BOXES FOR EVERYONE!

Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Kaepernick protests: 'I think it's dumb and disrespectful

Kill away!

Reactions: UCFBS

Hope she gets better soon. Anytime a senior falls, it's a very dangerous situation because major complications arise quite often from just a simple broken leg or hip.

I wish her well, My mother is paralyzed from a stroke, and mother in law is dying from stage 4 cancer, wouldn't even wish that on a liberal judge.

Where's the party you're throwing for this woman getting cancer?
Its at my place. We have a variety of cheeses and wines to sample. The first 90 minutes will be mostly small-talk, then everyone will join in on a contentious game of "ticket to ride", followed by more small talk. The night will culminate with Wayne and Shukster having a virtual light-saber battle which most people would find pathetic, but due to the fact that I bought 3 liters of green tree absinthe, we will all enjoy the display.

But on a more serious note, why would you possibly think its ok under any circumstance to accuse someone of celebrating a person receiving a cancer diagnosis? I get the fact that this is an anonymous message board and people say outrageous things, but damn. Do you really think that people on this board would celebrate the kind of suffering that comes with cancer? And if so, why would you continue to be a part of that type of community?

Its at my place. We have a variety of cheeses and wines to sample. The first 90 minutes will be mostly small-talk, then everyone will join in on a contentious game of "ticket to ride", followed by more small talk. The night will culminate with Wayne and Shukster having a virtual light-saber battle which most people would find pathetic, but due to the fact that I bought 3 liters of green tree absinthe, we will all enjoy the display.

But on a more serious note, why would you possibly think its ok under any circumstance to accuse someone of celebrating a person receiving a cancer diagnosis? I get the fact that this is an anonymous message board and people say outrageous things, but damn. Do you really think that people on this board would celebrate the kind of suffering that comes with cancer? And if so, why would you continue to be a part of that type of community?
What do you think this thread is about?

And here i was told that old people have nothing to add to society.

As much as I dislike her politics she is a very intelligent woman

If you didn't see it on the big screen, the recent movie about her life "On the basis of Sex" is well worth a watch when it comes out on Netflix.

If you didn't see it on the big screen, the recent movie about her life "On the basis of Sex" is well worth a watch when it comes out on Netflix.
I'm going to guess that @Crazyhole didn't go to the theaters to watch a documentary on RBG lol. He probably caught all dinesh desouzas masterpieces on opening night though.

Reactions: Crazyhole
I'm going to guess that @Crazyhole didn't go to the theaters to watch a documentary on RBG lol. He probably caught all dinesh desouzas masterpieces on opening night though.
I haven't seen it but its funny that you refer to it as a documentary. I also haven't seen anything dinesh produced.

Gotta give her credit, she's a trooper. Still, I have to wonder how long she can keep going.
shes probably got 6 months to a year. 95% death rate and shes old so that doesnt help her. i hope she doesnt have to suffer.

looks like trump is getting another supreme court nomination. maybe the dems in the house can stall because of it being an election year.

ADVERTISEMENT