ADVERTISEMENT

RBG hospitalized after fall

Just under 60% of the eligible electorate voted in the 2016 election. If we remove senior citizens (age 65 and older), we'd be well under 50%.

Yeah, the problem in this country is illegal voting, right guys? :) :) :)

shes probably got 6 months to a year. 95% death rate and shes old so that doesnt help her. i hope she doesnt have to suffer.

looks like trump is getting another supreme court nomination. maybe the dems in the house can stall because of it being an election year.

I'm not a doctor but if they had to put a stent in for a bile duct that tells me that the cancer is on the better side of the pancreas, which is much more curable. Regardless, she is old enough that the radiation therapy probably did a serious number and she probably won't make it another year. I'd say there's a 90% chance that Trump gets another SCOTUS nominee even if he isn't reelected. Harry Reid must be cringing right now after using the nuclear option, lol.

Just under 60% of the eligible electorate voted in the 2016 election. If we remove senior citizens (age 65 and older), we'd be well under 50%.

You’re clearly senile as this makes no sense

shes probably got 6 months to a year. 95% death rate and shes old so that doesnt help her. i hope she doesnt have to suffer.

looks like trump is getting another supreme court nomination. maybe the dems in the house can stall because of it being an election year.

Yes...no one should suffer and I hope she doesn't either.

Whoever, I don't see Trump getting another Supreme Court Nomination if she passes away in 2020.

Anthony Scalia died on Feb 13, 2016 (unexpectedly), less than 9 months prior to Election Day.

I just don't see Dems allowing her seat to be put up to a confirmation.

Yes...no one should suffer and I hope she doesn't either.

Whoever, I don't see Trump getting another Supreme Court Nomination if she passes away in 2020.

Anthony Scalia died on Feb 13, 2016 (unexpectedly), less than 9 months prior to Election Day.

I just don't see Dems allowing her seat to be put up to a confirmation.

I don't think they could stop it.

I don't think they could stop it.

I dont think they could stop it either. If McConnell confirm someone it would show he was completely full of shit when not having conirmation hearings for Garland though. But I am guessing his hypocrisy wouldnt bother Republicans.

Dems can't stop it, Obama had to leave in after 9mos. That is not true with Trump. He is up for reelection, but is not a lame duck. Lame … maybe, lame duck no.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Dems can't stop it, Obama had to leave in after 9mos. That is not true with Trump. He is up for reelection, but is not a lame duck. Lame … maybe, lame duck no.

Based on McConnell's views the voters should decide since it's an election year.

she was hospitalized again over the weekend but is out now. one has to wonder how much longer she really has.

she might make it through the 2020 election year, but i doubt she makes it to 2024. trump is going to get another scotus nomination.
I'll be surprised if she makes it another year. If she ended up with a bacterial infection that was bad enough that she was having fever and chills (assuming it wasn't the flu that led to the infection), it sounds to me like her pancreatic cancer has mets'd to her spleen or liver. Hard to believe that someone who's health is monitored as much as hers is would be hospitalized for a bacterial infection getting to this point. I'm willing to bet that she will be back in the hospital before Christmas.

Edit: I see that she had her spleen removed. That could explain it, although normally the liver is able to take over.

she might make it through the 2020 election year, but i doubt she makes it to 2024. trump is going to get another scotus nomination.

She just has to make it to January 2020. Then it will an election year and we will have to wait until after the election to pick someone.

She just has to make it to January 2020. Then it will an election year and we will have to wait until after the election to pick someone.
this is probably true, but gop will definitely try to push a vote through if they can. also incumbents normally win. trump will likely get another scotus pick.

this is probably true, but gop will definitely try to push a vote through if they can. also incumbents normally win. trump will likely get another scotus pick.
The Biden/McConnell rule says that a SC pick can't be made until after the election. Remember Merrick Garland?

There is zero chance that the GOP won't confirm a justice if given the opportunity.

Of course they would seat a judge if they can. You didnt really believe the McConnell line about election years right? I never believe the chuds of America believe this nonsense and then I read a post like this and I realize how dumb some of you really are.

Of course they would seat a judge if they can. You didnt really believe the McConnell line about election years right? I never believe the chuds of America believe this nonsense and then I read a post like this and I realize how dumb some of you really are.

He absolutely should and give 0 fuks, given how low Democrats sunk in their pathetic and disgraceful attempt to smear Kavanaugh with coerced victims and lies. They sunk to the gutter and made a mockery of the entire confirmation process. They don't deserve a goddamn thing. If there's an open SCOTUS seat then we're seating one in 2020.

Deal with it. You supported with the attempted DNC Kavanaugh take down so please understand you have no room to bitch and whine.

I believed it, that's why I'm holding him to it in 2020.

He absolutely should and give 0 fuks, given how low Democrats sunk in their pathetic and disgraceful attempt to smear Kavanaugh with coerced victims and lies. They sunk to the gutter and made a mockery of the entire confirmation process. They don't deserve a goddamn thing. If there's an open SCOTUS seat then we're seating one in 2020.

Deal with it. You supported with the attempted DNC Kavanaugh take down so please understand you have no room to bitch and whine.

Mockery? Like using the Nuclear Option for SCOTUS picks? They changed the rules for Kavanaugh.

Mockery? Like using the Nuclear Option for SCOTUS picks? They changed the rules for Kavanaugh.
So is precedent only important when it goes one way? Reid used the nuclear option first, McConnell followed suit. Was one better than the other? Biden started the idea of delaying scotus appointments, mcconnell followed suit. Why is the first example a-ok but the 2nd example egregious?

So is precedent only important when it goes one way? Reid used the nuclear option first, McConnell followed suit. Was one better than the other? Biden started the idea of delaying scotus appointments, mcconnell followed suit. Why is the first example a-ok but the 2nd example egregious?

Reid never used it for SCOTUS.

Reactions: DaShuckster

To be honest, I don't think that is a big problem. Most of those who don't vote, are uninformed and uninterested. I don't want those people picking leaders.

To be honest, I don't think that is a big problem. Most of those who don't vote, are uninformed and uninterested. I don't want those people picking leaders.
Sure, most are uninformed.

But many are just suppressed by voter registration purges, lack of polling locations, residency restrictions, targeted misinformation about election dates and the fact that rules are created that makes voting harder for a disproportionate number of minorities.

Logically there's no reason to not want a bigger turn out. Making it easier to vote brings a more accurately representative government. Long term more people having a voice is better for America but republicans won't stand for it in the short term because they would have to become more appealing to a wider section of voters or they would lose power.

Still holding you guys and McConnell to your word unless you are corrupt and hypocrites? [eyeroll]

So we are making predictions about what would have happened?
Sure, we do it all the time around here. It’s what spawns interesting discussion. Come on though, Dirty Harry never passed on a trick he could use to his advantage.

Reid never used it for SCOTUS.

That is totally irrelevant. Once Reid pulled the pin on the nuclear option he destroyed precedent in the Senate for good. If you're so butthurt about this practice then you need only cry and whine about one person and that's Harry Reid.

You can't use the nuclear option and then say "It's only for a certain purpose, you can't use it for other purposes when it doesn't benefit us!!!"

ADVERTISEMENT