ADVERTISEMENT

Reason was right, the smear campaign of Gary Johnson has begun

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
A few weeks ago Reason.COM warned that the Clinton campaign was gearing up a huge media smear campaign using its allies in the US media. I never realized how bad it would be until the recent Salon and other articles that hit this week.

As the old Ghandi quote goes ...
- First they ignore you
- Then they laugh at you
- Then they fight you

The entire US media is now trying to paint Johnson as a Koch plant, ignoring his entire history and reason for running. Heck, it was CNN that marginalized him back in 2012 when he qualified for the 2nd debate, but CNN sided with the RNC and left him out.

So, here are the half-truths ...

- He's pro-TPP
(no, he's anti-free trade chrony capitalism, pro-free market)

- He's anti-environment
(no, he's anti-big business cap'n trade, pro-'tax the emissions')

- He's anti-education
(no, he's pro-choice w/proven vouchers system in New Mexico)

- He's funded by the Koch brothers
(WTF?!!?!? Seriously?!?!?!)

Then ...

- Keep him out of the debates, so people can't hear him, even though he's polling better than Perot, qualifies in a 3-way poll (they only do 2-way and 4-way, so Stein sucks 3-4%), plus he's a very late question, let alone CNN doens't poll age 18-34 (where Johnson matches Clinton, and blows away Trump)

- Deny him access to GSA security briefings, which he's entitled to (violation of their own rules, which they were forced to put down just a few years ago due to lawsuits)

- Put him with pro-Clinton journalists, switch topics, then show those 5-10 seconds of the post re-direct

Seriously ... the Democrats and US media did *not* have a problem with Libertarians *until* Libertarians started pulling as much from Democrats as Republicans. Why?

You should know why ... Democrats are *not* for civil liberties any more. The young generation sees it too. But according to CNN, their vote doesn't count, so they won't poll them.

Wake up America!

Meet Gary Johnson’s Koch-network money men: Throwing your vote (and values) away
http://www.salon.com/2016/09/30/mee...n-throwing-your-vote-and-values-away_partner/

Reactions: UCFhonors
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/12/29/1049619/-

The "Somalia" argument is a sore spot for libertarians. They either fall back on the old line of race and religious prejudice I outlined, or they claim that it isn't trueLibertarianism, you see: it's anarchy. True Libertarians believe in just enough government to protect private property and personal safety; without those protections, they argue, anarchy ensues.

Dude - the guy is NOT a libertarian. He's a libERAL . That's why he's such a threat to Hillary. But he's so clueless, they will continue to make him look like a jackass that nobody will want to vote for him by November.

Johnson isn't helping his own cause by appearing to not be well versed in foreign issues.
Actually, he is very well versed. But he's honest, instead of fudging things.

He does not think much of most foreign leaders, other than President Fox, who he worked with as governor. He literally had a brain fart, and even made fun of himself when it happened. Honestly ... yeah, let's make fun of that. Chris Mathews was absolutely antagonizing by asking 'any leader,' when Johnson clearly wanted to name Fox, and not someone else.

Give me a honest guy like that any day, a real leader, instead of a politician, or reality TV idiot, who is quick on their feet. If you like 1-liners, you'll get 1-liners, instead of government that works.

Dude - the guy is NOT a libertarian. He's a libERAL . That's why he's such a threat to Hillary. But he's so clueless, they will continue to make him look like a jackass that nobody will want to vote for him by November.
No, he's a true, critically thinking, 100% civil rights proponent. Hillary and the President have been tearing down civil rights, the federal lists have balooned 10x since W. left office, the drones, violating the War Powers Act, etc...

The great thing about the now very active Johnson smear campaign is that, once and for all, you can identify who are the left-wing puppets.

Normally you cannot tell from the timing, because left-right rhetoric is always running. Libertarians are used to bad press from select right-wing outlets, mainly newspapers and some radio. But even some right-wing outlets would bring Johnson on, even though he'd take away from Republican votes.

But given how the DNC and Hillary camps organized in September, the timing is undeniable. I knew about Silverman, and most people suspected Maher. They are toting the same "people are misinformed," knowing Johnson will be kept out of the debates, just like Salon and others. It's the same, unified approach.

Now I am waiting for the right-wing media to pick this up, and counter, highlighting how bad and far the directly libelous and slander campaign is working. Unlike any Republican candidate, Johnson gets *no* time directly to the voter, so people will believe anything. It's the first time the mainstream media has ever been involved with something like this.

Furthermore, the Koch and other funding statements might get the Hillary and DNC into trouble though. It's one thing to insinuate things. But they seem to be taking it to a new level. I wouldn't be surprised if the courts agree at some point, but it will be after the 2016 election.

Which is probably why the DNC and Hillary camps have gone right up to actual libel and slander this time. Up to 5% is at stake. Committing libel and slander, could only be proven after the election. It's far less of a worry than losing the election, and even proving such won't overturn the election either.

Your media and leaders at work America. Smearing a highly respected governor who is honest to a fault, let alone makes fun of himself.

Story: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-maher-sarah-silverman-real-time-gary-johnson

TLDR.

I'd rather talk about mother going to town on an entire frat during Rush Week while BS bitches about UCF football in the other room.

So you're crying that your candidate is being attacked during a political campaign? Have you been in a coma since birth?
No, you missed my point. This is the first time, because it's a 3rd party, we can see how the DNC and Hillary camp directly uses their media mouthpieces, down to the day and person. It applies to more than just Johnson, but this event showcases the exact avenue and people. I'm surprised the RNC isn't jumping all over this, although based on a few of their (much smaller) number of mouthpieces running their mouths, they are now doing the same in the hope of pulling some Johnson voters back too.

Now in addition, the DNC and Hillary might find themselves in legal trouble with some of the statements, like those on funding and the Koch brothers, among others. Again, this is not about the gaffes (that's on Johnson not being an one-liner type of guy, other than when making fun of himself), but the completely incorrect and false US media statements. That's pretty damning for them, legally, if Assange et al.'s hacks can prove it came from the DNC and Hillary's campaign. The funding of Johnson is very transparent, among other things. But I can understand why they did it. They need to take back the 5% differential, and it's worth committing libel and slander, which will only be proven after the election, and will not affect the result.

It's just been very fascinating, and sad, to see how much control the DNC and Hillary exerts in the media. I mean, Reason.COM and others warned what was going to happen around the debates, and they hit it on the nose. And now we know the exact people who are the DNC-Hillary mouthpieces, no longer just guesses. The timing of all this is unreal, and how it came out exactly like we were warned it would. I only wish the right-wing media would showcase how much control the DNC-Hillary have over the US media, by focusing on this.

It's the best time to point it out. If anything, it might actually help Trump more than Johnson to do so, because a lot of moderates voting for Trump (was 2:1 versus Clinton, at least before the debate) cited media control and bias as their #1 reason for voting for Trump in focus groups.

Last edited:
Johnson is a terrible presidential candidate. Only thing he has going for him is being an alternative. You dont need to smear him..

Reactions: MACHater02
Business Insider: Gary Johnson's 'Aleppo moments' don't erase his solid foreign-policy platform
- http://www.businessinsider.com/gary...ase-his-solid-foreign-policy-platform-2016-10

PSU Collegian: Gary Johnson is more than how the media depicts
- http://www.collegian.psu.edu/opinion/columnists/article_e22208f4-8914-11e6-8094-cb3512ced8d2.html

Johnson is a terrible presidential candidate. Only thing he has going for him is being an alternative. You dont need to smear him..
Then you have nothing to fear by putting him in the debates!

If he's a "terrible candidate" and an "idiot," like everyone says, let him be so in the debates. He's polling better than Perot, and if CNN would actually poll 18-34, as well as all polls do a 3-way (not just a 2-way or 4-way), he's in at 15%. He is also fully entitled to the security briefings, per the GSA's own rules, and they refuse. Might have a lot to do with a lot of things.

In any case, the "Koch brothers" and "Republican plant" BS is just flat out libel and slander. But that won't be addressed in the courts until after the election. 5% is at stake for Hillary. Again, that was decided 3 weeks ago, and the strategy was leaked, but not reported by ... well, the same press involved.

But I guess you don't want a 3rd party represented, one that has been around more than just 1 election, and a 3rd voice in the debates to give you a view that is not just left or right. Not that he was a governor of a state with a population that 44% identify themselves as Hispanic, and actually worked with Mexico's President Fox ... oh wait! Yes, if you actually read up on the man, you'll learn a lot.

And why he's more than just a 3rd party choice ... but people actually and really like him for a reason. Civil liberties might be a big one, especially after Hillary and this past administration, on the left. But go ahead ... just keep it the same left and right rhetoric, and don't let yourself actually hear from the man himself in an equal forum.

Just let the soundbites and Memes tell you everything you know. Be an US media sheep, and only listen to what they tell you. And that's exactly why we deserve the "only absolute left" and "only absolute right" one-liners and "leadership" we get. It's all about "dissing" someone, instead of actually hearing him or her, directly.

Last edited:
I'll put it to you another way ...

You are saying Americans age 18-34 do not count. They are polling Johnson at Hillary's level, each around 1/3rd, and well beyond Trump, let alone Stein too, who combine for the final 1/3rd.

You support the CPD, the GSA and the US media marginalizing all those Americans age 18-34. Because you agree ... Johnson is an is a terrible candidate, and should never be heard by the American people, directly.

That's what you're saying ... condoning a big middle finger to 1/3rd of all young voters in the US.

Last edited:
those are a whole lot of words (i didnt read) to describe a guy who has no interest in actually being president. but he'll enjoy advancing his political career by just putting his face out there.

those are a whole lot of words (i didnt read) to describe a guy who has no interest in actually being president.
Ummm ... where did you get that idea? You mean like he wasn't interested in being governor of New Mexico? Or did you mean he had no interest in being a politician, only a leader?!

but he'll enjoy advancing his political career by just putting his face out there.
He already announced in an interview a month ago that this is his last year in politics. But if you knew Johnson, you'd already know why.

I.e., Johnson has run for only two (2) political offices in his entire career.
1) Governor of New Mexico (1994)
2) President of the United States (2012, 2016)

Gary Johnson is the literal, cliche "Mr. Johnson goes to Sante Fe" and, later, "goes to Washington." He is the most honest, forward and literally, "I don't know" type of guy you'll ever meet. He was a handyman who started a business, and then bet a friend he could bring honesty to the governor's mansion.

The Washington Post actually did an article, if you ignore the sensationalist headline, that basically lays out who he is. The first half is about both Democrats and Republicans hating him. But the second half is about Johnson's "No, you will prove to me the taxpayers' need this" attitude he never backed down from.

- https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...2a00fa-873d-11e6-92c2-14b64f3d453f_story.html

That's why New Mexico was still running a $1B surplus when he left office after 2002! So many other states were draining the US Federal during the recession, and Johnson had literally set them up for weathering it! New Mexico also self-identifies as 44% Hispanic, more than any other state. He's the first guy to say, "I'm a white guy" and literally lays it down why minorities are upset.

Literally sounds like exactly what Washington needs, like Sante Fe did!

He then tried to run for President as a Republican in 2012, and just like in New Mexico, the Republican establishment hated him, for everything from his marriage equality stance to pro-abortion to, later drugs. But unlike in New Mexico in 1994, the Republicans were able to keep him out of the 2nd CNN primary debate, even though he qualified. That's when he switched wholesale to the Libertarian Party.

Smearing Johnson is something you do to someone else's window at a traffic light. Then you get arrested and have to go door to door and tell your neighbors what you have become.

Reactions: UCFBS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT