ADVERTISEMENT

Recommendations for a nice restaurant in the area

KNIGHTTIME^

Golden Knight
Nov 27, 2005
just curious if you guys have good ideas. Probably Steak/Seafood place but open to other ideas too.

Anyone still go to Charlie's these days?
I know they required you to register to get a discount on your birthday (gov't issued ID on its own was no longer good enough), and they don't give as much off as they used to IIRC.

Oooh, they brought back Kansas City strip! Might need to re-visit, even if prices are much higher than I remember them.

Anyone still go to Charlie's these days?
I know they required you to register to get a discount on your birthday (gov't issued ID on its own was no longer good enough), and they don't give as much off as they used to IIRC.

Oooh, they brought back Kansas City strip! Might need to re-visit, even if prices are much higher than I remember them.

Bump. Would also like to know. I went there as a teenager with my parents and the Porterhouse was amazing. Horrible neighborhood though.

Bump. Would also like to know. I went there as a teenager with my parents and the Porterhouse was amazing. Horrible neighborhood though.
They moved out of OBT about a decade ago or so. They are now on I-Drive. I haven't been in at least 5 years.

Charlie's is pretty good--to me, on the same level, more or less, as Ruth's Chris. I think Christner's is a little better than both. Kres is also real good.

Stay away from Fleming's. It is garbage.

Reactions: UCFBS
Charlie's is pretty good--to me, on the same level, more or less, as Ruth's Chris. I think Christner's is a little better than both. Kres is also real good.
That's my view, only Charley's is cheaper -- and used to be almost half the price (they've come up since)!

Stay away from Fleming's. It is garbage.
They are a bit overpriced in my view. But I've had some good experiences at a few branches.

That's my view, only Charley's is cheaper -- and used to be almost half the price (they've come up since)!

They are a bit overpriced in my view. But I've had some good experiences at a few branches.
The Fleming’s in Winter Park is terrible. The chain as a whole sits far below the other chain high-end steakhouses. Certainly in Winter Park, there are far better options.

I dunno. Charlie's is about the same when you order sides and drinks and all that stuff. You aren't going to walk out of either with a cheap tab. Plus, Charlie's tends to have more seafood choices, so if that's your thing, it can get pretty pricey.

Chatham’s Place off of sand lake. Top notch and old school place. Odd place outside but inside is fantastic. Great food and service.

Chatham’s Place off of sand lake. Top notch and old school place. Odd place outside but inside is fantastic. Great food and service.

Excellent place but holy shit, getting there now on I4 and the bullshit traffic that’s on sand lake is a feat in itself.

Reactions: UCFBS
I dunno. Charlie's is about the same when you order sides and drinks and all that stuff. You aren't going to walk out of either with a cheap tab. Plus, Charlie's tends to have more seafood choices, so if that's your thing, it can get pretty pricey.
Oh, no argument.

They can 'nickle'n dime' you -- found out that the first time when I said 'yes' to 'extras' that I thought were included with the steak. But if you just go in for steak, it's a pretty good value.

Fleming’s is one of my favorites. But I’m not in Orlando. Exited to try berns in Tampa soon
One here in Birmingham is pretty good, agreed. Don't know about Orlando.

Oh, no argument.

They can 'nickle'n dime' you -- found out that the first time when I said 'yes' to 'extras' that I thought were included with the steak. But if you just go in for steak, it's a pretty good value.

One here in Birmingham is pretty good, agreed. Don't know about Orlando.

I think the last time I was at Charlie’s the price of a bone-in ribeye was almost exactly the same as ruth’s Chris. Where Charlie’s has them beat is that they have better options for several courses, where you can get more seafood options included than Ruth’s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT