ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting is turrible!

OMG!!! What are Heupel and Co. doing with their time? Where are the cruits??? :weary:

369F.gif

Excited about QB Mike Wright's commitment today. Completely unprepared for him to commit somewhere else. Somebody post when they see what happens.

I know that everyone’s highlight tape looks like a hall of famer, but damn does Mike Wright run effortlessly. He glides in his Hudl tape but still looks to throw first. Very optimistic we can build a great class around him. And he used Jeezy in his commitment video so double bonus!

I know that everyone’s highlight tape looks like a hall of famer, but damn does Mike Wright run effortlessly. He glides in his Hudl tape but still looks to throw first. Very optimistic we can build a great class around him. And he used Jeezy in his commitment video so double bonus!
He should have used College Park's best rapper 2 chains. #truuuuuuu

Reactions: ProAttitude
I know this is the "anti-jinx" thread for recruiting. That said, so far the offer lists of almost all of our recruits suck. Not saying they can't become good or whatever because that is up to the kid and the staff but if a kid has minimal FBS offers it doesn't look well to me.

...and this is not to say I think our class is going to suck. We don't find that out until the early signing period, and regular signing day come to fruition.

I know this is the "anti-jinx" thread for recruiting. That said, so far the offer lists of almost all of our recruits suck. Not saying they can't become good or whatever because that is up to the kid and the staff but if a kid has minimal FBS offers it doesn't look well to me.

...and this is not to say I think our class is going to suck. We don't find that out until the early signing period, and regular signing day come to fruition.
You are kidding right? 2 of the commits have a combined 14 P5 offers and 8 Ivy League offers. 4 others have P5 offers. 2 are thus far unrated and not many offers.

We are deep and young at QB and the skillled positions. Additionally, Elarbee has the potential to develop any of the lineman he personally recruited. We all know that rating offensive linemen is a joke

So.., with those 3 positions alone it will be hard to be crappy

You are kidding right? 2 of the commits have a combined 14 P5 offers and 8 Ivy League offers. 4 others have P5 offers. 2 are thus far unrated and not many offers.
Why would I be kidding:
Mike Wright looks like a good get with offers from: His other best offers are Arkansas, Cincy, Illinois, Kentucky, Ole Miss. At least he has some mid-level P6 offers. None of these schools are perennial top 25 programs.
Corey Thornton: His other best offer is Syracuse then Temple. None of these schools are perennial top 25 programs.
Jordan Davis: His other best offer is Pitt or KState or Kentucky???? At least he has some mid-level P6 offers. None of these schools are perennial top 25 programs.
Mark Pitts: BC, Kentucky, Loserville, Minnesota, Syracuse, and West Virginia. He's got a solid offer list.
Johnny Richardson: NC State and West Virginia. At least he has some mid-level P6 offers. He's got speed. His offer list doesn't have to be great as long as he develops and adds to depth.
Branden Coleman: A bunch of Ivy League offers? I get it. The kid is smart. Never hurts to have smart, character, leadership guys on the team.
Micheal Loften: USF or ????
Mike Smith: Syracuse then USF
Quadric Bullard: Iowa State and then several MAC schools. None of these schools are perennial top 25 programs.

I think some of these offers have come in since last time I looked at them. They'll likely pick up more in the fall as well. I'd really like to see us start to pull in some guys that have upper echelon offer lists. I'm not saying 5-star guys. That's not happening. I'm talking about 3 or 4 star kids, but more importantly have offers from the likes of perennial top-25 kind of programs. The only ones above are Loserville and West Virginia. I think it could be argued (but most P5 snobs will frown on us) that we are the kids best offer in most cases.

Reactions: Knight Strength
You've been around long enough to know we're not getting any 5 stars and even a 4 star will be a reach. We should, however, be pulling 3 stars all day eer day.

Until our record starts plummeting with our current recruiting strategy, I think you should just sit back and relax.

ADVERTISEMENT