ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Status - State of Florida

SkiDog291

Silver Knight
May 29, 2001
O-Town!
As early signing looms in five days....The teams w/new coaches are obviously struggling.

1.) Miami is killing it at #2. They've maintained that ranking for months. (2 5 stars and 14 4 stars) I don't see them dropping and they'll be a force to reckoned w/soon. Kudos to Coach Richt.
1.) UF getting pilfered, dropping hard to #43. I don't see them recovering this year, they missed their opportunity jockeying for Frost, who never wanted to go there in the first place.
2) USF at #44, doing pretty well actually. Hopefully Randy can steal a couple in February.
3.) FSU losing some big time recruits stand at #58 but I see them surging late in the season once Slick Willie gets his traction going. I see them breaking the top 15 this year.
5.) UCF sitting at #78, fending off the rapists wearing red and white (oops scarlet and creme). Hoping Randy Shannon can make the ink dry in December and break the top 50. We have a couple ballers in the mix (fingers crossed)
6.) FIU coming in at #100 with 3 3 stars

It sucks to see UCF sitting that low being undefeated. Hopefully things rebound.

Now I can see why a lot of Gator fans didn't want Dan Mullen and preferred Frost. I think he's a good coach but he has a grating personality that seems to not work in landing top guys. His top QB target just flipped to Ole Miss.

Something to watch at FSU is how Taggart recruits without Cristobal who many expected to join him in Tally. Taggart is a very good recruiter but Cristobal is just as good and helped with the South Florida recruiting

also if Miami keeps that up it will be scary to the rest of College Football, think this would be the 2nd straight stacked class

You guys forget that 2 years ago our access to Florida High Schools literally sucked! How quickly one forgets the attitude of high school coaches towards UCF in the GOL days. It has been repaired by current staff and the new staff will increase our pipeline over their stay. I'm positive of this with who we've brought on board. Just watch :)

Somebody who does the numbers tell me the ratio between Florida High School players and college scholarships. It's phenomenal and there are plenty there not only for FL colleges but for many colleges in the NCAA.

You guys forget that 2 years ago our access to Florida High Schools literally sucked! How quickly one forgets the attitude of high school coaches towards UCF in the GOL days. It has been repaired by current staff and the new staff will increase our pipeline over their stay. I'm positive of this with who we've brought on board. Just watch :)
I was right with you, don't think some of the loyalists realized how bad of shape UCF was in within the State recruiting circles before Frost.

All of us may not like the Frost exit and poaching at some of our recruits but one thing he did in his brief tenure here was 'modernize UCF' and put us at least on the radar even though he's not the coach recruiting them anymore.

Reactions: ProAttitude
Canes recruiting class is ridiculous and is only going to get better.

Josh Jobe 4 ⭐️ will flip from Miami to Alabama
Asante Samuel Jr 4 star ⭐️ will flip from FSU to Miami
Marquez Ezzard 4 ⭐️ Previous FSU commit. Miami leads
Jared Goldwire 3 ⭐️ will flip from Louisville to Miami
Andrew Chatfield 4 ⭐️ Miami leads
Tyson Campbell 5 ⭐️ Miami leads
Patrick Surtain jr 5 ⭐️ Miami in the mix

The rankings at this point don’t matter much. Not until signing day. Nebraska is in the 60s FSU 50s and Florida 40s. That won’t be the final rankings.

Reactions: MckenzieMilton10
As early signing looms in five days....The teams w/new coaches are obviously struggling.

1.) Miami is killing it at #2. They've maintained that ranking for months. (2 5 stars and 14 4 stars) I don't see them dropping and they'll be a force to reckoned w/soon. Kudos to Coach Richt.
1.) UF getting pilfered, dropping hard to #43. I don't see them recovering this year, they missed their opportunity jockeying for Frost, who never wanted to go there in the first place.
2) USF at #44, doing pretty well actually. Hopefully Randy can steal a couple in February.
3.) FSU losing some big time recruits stand at #58 but I see them surging late in the season once Slick Willie gets his traction going. I see them breaking the top 15 this year.
5.) UCF sitting at #78, fending off the rapists wearing red and white (oops scarlet and creme). Hoping Randy Shannon can make the ink dry in December and break the top 50. We have a couple ballers in the mix (fingers crossed)
6.) FIU coming in at #100 with 3 3 stars
Eh UF is coming on strong, about to steal OSU's qb, and mullen is getting some momentum. WIll easily be top 25 this year.

We will break top 40-45 probably at the pace its looking. Lots of good looking recruits coming to campus/some predicted to come UCF on 247

Just wait until we get that Lazy River going :)

IMG_0972-696x392.jpg

Eh UF is coming on strong, about to steal OSU's qb, and mullen is getting some momentum. WIll easily be top 25 this year.

We will break top 40-45 probably at the pace its looking. Lots of good looking recruits coming to campus/some predicted to come UCF on 247
who? I figured if he whispered Dak Prescott enough he'll land someone, I thought he was trying to flip Fields

If UCF can hold the 13 who are current commits, and then get a few out of Kendrick, Canty, Kirby, Bethel, Boone, Salaam who have UCF a favorite or 50/50, they will be ok. Frost left the offensive skill positions pretty stocked with underclassmen.

who? I figured if he whispered Dak Prescott enough he'll land someone, I thought he was trying to flip Fields
I think they’re talking about Emory Jones, the #2 DT qb. Gator fans are hoping to steal him

It seems like Fields flirted with Mullen just long enough for Corral to get pissed and switch to Ole Miss. Might be Franks for two more years in Gainesville

If UCF can hold the 13 who are current commits, and then get a few out of Kendrick, Canty, Kirby, Bethel, Boone, Salaam who have UCF a favorite or 50/50, they will be ok. Frost left the offensive skill positions pretty stocked with underclassmen.
Salaam related to Rashan?

That is gonna be extremely difficult. At 54 last year we had the highest G5 school rank.......

Agreed. And we have a very strong transfer class that become eligible to play this year.Adding those in actually gives us P5 level TE, OL, DL and DB in this class, each with two or more years of eligibility left.

I think they’re talking about Emory Jones, the #2 DT qb. Gator fans are hoping to steal him

It seems like Fields flirted with Mullen just long enough for Corral to get pissed and switch to Ole Miss. Might be Franks for two more years in Gainesville

I think Corral figured out that he did not fit in Mullen's offense. Why he chose Ole Miss, who is going on NCAA sanctions, is beyond me. Mullen was contacted by Fields and is currently recruiting Jones (who is in Gainesville today and might be at FSU tonight/tomorrow). I don't think Franks is a viable option as the starter in Mullen's offense. He just doesn't seem to process information quickly enough. Like Frost's offense, Mullen's requires the QB to make very quick reads. If Mullen strikes out on Fields and Jones, he will find someone else to mold into the QB he needs.

The big 4 in Fla need to put a wall around the state, and keep the corn shuckers out.

It won't happen this year (upheaval at 3 places), but I'm betting the state is locked down next year. the Nubbie coaches are delusional if they think they'll have much of a future.

It won't happen this year (upheaval at 3 places), but I'm betting the state is locked down next year. the Nubbie coaches are delusional if they think they'll have much of a future.

Nebraska is the least of the worries when it comes to recruiting in Florida. We need to worry about Miami, FSU, UF, USF, and then Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson. Between us and those previously mentioned, that’s like 80% of the states top recruits right there. The other 20% can are fought over by the likes of a Nebraska, Georgia Tech, Wisconsin, West Virginia, etc etc etc

I was right with you, don't think some of the loyalists realized how bad of shape UCF was in within the State recruiting circles before Frost.

All of us may not like the Frost exit and poaching at some of our recruits but one thing he did in his brief tenure here was 'modernize UCF' and put us at least on the radar even though he's not the coach recruiting them anymore.
Actually recruiting was staring to take off under Kelley. He’s was a good recruiter as well. Then the whole Tribble debacle happened. Never understood why it happened, we didn’t need to go their. Only the Blue bloods can cheat and everyone turns a blind eye.

I think Shannons going to bring in some good recruits with time. Hopefully all our current commits sign early and then Shannon will help us land a couple of nice pieces in our first class under Hype.

other than Stacy Kirby day is turning out better than I expected for UCF

gotta give credit to Charlie Strong...he's putting together a very nice class at USF

Willie Taggart having some early bumps in the road without Cristobal on his staff

USF signed 24 players early. Not sure if that is good or bad for them bc now it leaves no room for flips the last few weeks before February signing day

Reactions: firm_bizzle
USF signed 24 players early. Not sure if that is good or bad for them bc now it leaves no room for flips the last few weeks before February signing day

Unless they had some spots left over from last year. Remember, some early enrollees can count backwards towards the previous year's limit. That said, I have no idea what their situation is. 24 early signees is a ton.

Unless they had some spots left over from last year. Remember, some early enrollees can count backwards towards the previous year's limit. That said, I have no idea what their situation is. 24 early signees is a ton.
Yeah, we'll sign less because of that.

I imagine it is good and bad. A lot of our better grabs come late in the process as deals fall thru.. I personally think signing15 to 20 is ideal, take a look at where you are, and go back shopping.

Slick Willie closing strong #flipseason

With 1 week till the 2nd signing day
247's composite rankings:

Miami 5th
FSU 15th
Florida 17th
USF 60th
FIU 69th
UCF 77th
theFAU 95th

Miami 5th
FSU 15th
Florida 17th
USF 60th
FIU 69th
UCF 77th
theFAU 95th
Surprised FIU is so high and FAU so low. Maybe Kiffin is one foot out the door?

Miami 5th
FSU 15th
Florida 17th
USF 60th
FIU 69th
UCF 77th
theFAU 95th

Taggart may recruit well for a couple of years but unless he becomes a much better coach it won't last. The guy is this decades version of lane kiffin, just keeps getting good jobs but never wins anything of consequence.

Taggart may recruit well for a couple of years but unless he becomes a much better coach it won't last. The guy is this decades version of lane kiffin, just keeps getting good jobs but never wins anything of consequence.
yeah from his time at USF I don't think he's a good gameday coach but it might work for him at FSU since they have a higher budget to retain & attract quality assistants/coordinators. Similar to Dabo Sweeney at Clemson.

We’re fine. The new staff has to establish relationships. It sucks but that is reality. What any rankings don’t take into account is the transfers we’ve got coming in. Several were highly rated, highly recruited guys.

yeah from his time at USF I don't think he's a good gameday coach but it might work for him at FSU since they have a higher budget to retain & attract quality assistants/coordinators. Similar to Dabo Sweeney at Clemson.

Maybe, I just don't get how the guy had kept jumping to better jobs so frequently. He only has like 2 or 3 wins in his career over top 25 opponents. Must be something I don't see.

UCF only has 15 rated commits (Woodson not rated) all other conference teams have at least 20. The rating systems use the top 20 to calculate the class rank. UCF will likely finish in the 19-21 range for total commits and thus the rating will increase no matter who they end up signing. So not super worried about being 77th and 6th in conference currently with who is still on the table.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT