ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

the Ohana pipeline going the other direction, Killins brother signed with Hawaii
DywRdLbU0AAKuIl.jpg

Reactions: Knight Strength
Yeah. He left a legacy of being great when he was on and very inconsistent at best otherwise. What did we really lose? Certainly not a full time player 12 games a year IMO. Time to rebuild the D-line to 2017 levels or better. We will probably have one subpar year in 2019 at that position
I'm not arguing that having junior and senior DLs are preferred but that there were guys getting experience on the DL that were underclassmen last season who should be good next season along with others on the roster (minimal drop off?).

Reactions: Mikesi
Anyone know what’s happening with Dequan Watts? I know he decommited in October and still had us in the top 3 in December. But South Carolina looked like the for sure place he would go but I don’t think they have any scholarships left for him. Could he still be considering coming here? Fingers crossed

Anyone know what’s happening with Dequan Watts? I know he decommited in October and still had us in the top 3 in December. But South Carolina looked like the for sure place he would go but I don’t think they have any scholarships left for him. Could he still be considering coming here? Fingers crossed

#NoRoomForWatts

Update: Just read he had grade issues and is going JUCO....same for Stanley

Last edited:
I'm not arguing that having junior and senior DLs are preferred but that there were guys getting experience on the DL that were underclassmen last season who should be good next season along with others on the roster (minimal drop off?).
on the interior only one underclassman got game time last season: cholewa. and on the outside: charlton and turnier. hope for the best, but expect the worse.

Half of them go to the 3 Power 5 teams in Florida. Alabama, Georgia and Clemson pick up another bunch. So we're left to compete with 50-60 power 5 teams for the last dozen recruits. What's the guy's point? Any idiot will tell you winning in a Power 5 conference is still the biggest draw outside of local P5 schools.

He's just another hater. I wonder if he will watch the college basketball tournament this year. Hypocrite!

on the interior only one underclassman got game time last season: cholewa. and on the outside: charlton and turnier. hope for the best, but expect the worse.

Not exactly true.......Hayes played in 13 games and a few others had some limited action

Not exactly true.......Hayes played in 13 games and a few others had some limited action
I expect Hayes to be moved to the inside with Charlton and Turnier starting outside. Either Goode or Cholewa at the other inside spot.

I listed our underclass linemen that got games last season because that's what the post I quoted was talking about. hayes was a 4th year junior starter and will be a senior this year, so I had no reason to include him in my post.

I listed our underclass linemen that got games last season because that's what the post I quoted was talking about. hayes was a 4th year junior starter and will be a senior this year, so I had no reason to include him in my post.

:joy::joy:
He is an experienced returning DL......so in the context of the comment who in the heck cares if he is not an underclassman this year.....he has played in a significant number of games, he should see the field a lot this year and should contribute significantly........

:joy::joy:
He is an experienced returning DL......so in the context of the comment who in the heck cares if he is not an underclassman this year.....he has played in a significant number of games, he should see the field a lot this year and should contribute significantly........
because i was responding to a specific post by someone else.

Last edited:
What would be the basis for immediate eligibility? Didn’t he transfer because he didn’t want to sit behind the current starter?
Racism at UGA.

I wish they would make that appeal to the NCAA public. Would be a nice negative recruiting tool against UGA - "look, it's so racist there that even the NCAA recognizes that it's reasonable for student-athletes to get the hell out of Athens and play elsewhere immediately."

Reactions: Yaes
I expect Hayes to be moved to the inside with Charlton and Turnier starting outside. Either Goode or Cholewa at the other inside spot.
I would like to see Lamarius Benson finally be moved over to defense. He graded out higher as a DT than as an OL coming out of high school. South Carolina was actually recruiting him as a DL. I know Heup likes having a lot of large OL's available for depth, but at 6'3" and 331lbs, and crazy strong and unmovable in his video clips, he can certainly help us more at DT than standing on the sidelines as an OL.

I would like to see Lamarius Benson finally be moved over to defense. He graded out higher as a DT than as an OL coming out of high school. South Carolina was actually recruiting him as a DL. I know Heup likes having a lot of large OL's available for depth, but at 6'3" and 331lbs, and crazy strong and unmovable in his video clips, he can certainly help us more at DT than standing on the sidelines as an OL.
Would love to see a DL of Brendon Hayes, LaMarius Benson, Cam Goode and Randy Charlton!

Reactions: Jcollinsucf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT