ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

tenor.gif

TM was allowed to transfer, basically because of 2 reasons

1) Incredibly the NCAA is taking a more lenient attitude towards transfers as all of these coaches leaving are screwing over the athletes.

2) Ohio State wanted him to transfer and Miami wanted him. Ohio State apparently was instrumental in the transfer process. Therefore, neither team was losing out on anything. It was a win/win situation. All parties involved were going to end up satisfied

TM was allowed to transfer, basically because of 2 reasons

1) Incredibly the NCAA is taking a more lenient attitude towards transfers as all of these coaches leaving are screwing over the athletes.

2) Ohio State wanted him to transfer and Miami wanted him. Ohio State apparently was instrumental in the transfer process. Therefore, neither team was losing out on anything. It was a win/win situation. All parties involved were going to end up satisfied
If Ohio State wanted to bring in Fields while keeping Martell, I wouldn't think anything of it. If Ohio State wanted to get rid of Martell, I think Miami is getting a sub par or uncoachable QB.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
If Ohio State wanted to bring in Fields while keeping Martell, I wouldn't think anything of it. If Ohio State wanted to get rid of Martell, I think Miami is getting a sub par or uncoachable QB.
Martell’s tweets prior to Fields arrival probably left a bad taste in everyone’s mouths. Prior to Fields deciding to transfer, Ohio State probably guaranteed him the #1 job. No use keeping Martell around

Martell may or may not be subpar, but in the eyes of Ohio State’s new coach, Fields fits HIS system better. Martell wasn’t going to sit AGAIN. Miami’s starting QB job is much more winnable

Reactions: Knight Strength
I think Bennie is his uncle
Brian also played for Miami and the NFL
the U seems to be a Blades thing

Maybe not (he is visiting a lot of schools lately which is smart) but it's cool to have a 4* lineman visit and share it on social media. Seems like he's not biased against us and that might make other athletes think about visiting too.

PS its good for the brand
I agree. But if I really liked a school I’d make sure I read history and not make any errors on tweets. Just me though.

It’s kind of of interesting. At least a couple of recruits who are track athletes as well have ran track as seniors this spring and have actually improved on their speed.

Justin Menard has improved his 100 meter time to 10.59.

So Killins, O’Keefe. Ahmad, and Menard are all either 10.4 or 10.5.

Am I leaving anyone out?

It’s kind of of interesting. At least a couple of recruits who are track athletes as well have ran track as seniors this spring and have actually improved on their speed.

Justin Menard has improved his 100 meter time to 10.59.

So Killins, O’Keefe. Ahmad, and Menard are all either 10.4 or 10.5.

Am I leaving anyone out?
Tre Nixon, Jacob Harris.

Assume he will have to sit a year.....

Ole Miss 2018 (REDSHIRT FRESHMAN): Appeared in four games as the backup at right tackle … Made first career appearance against Southern Illinois (9/8/2017) and helped the Rebels put up 76 points, the fifth-most in school history ... Ole Miss' 629 total yards were the sixth-most in school history, while the 470 team passing yards were second-most ever by a Rebels team ... Saw action late in the game vs. #1 Alabama (9/15/18) … vs. Kent State (9/22/18): Helped pass block for Jordan's Ta'amu's 442-yard passing effort, the fourth-most yards in school history ... vs. ULM (10/6/18): Helped block for an Ole Miss offense that set school records in both total offense (826) and passing yards (517) ... The 826 total yards were the second-most ever by an SEC team and are the most by any FBS team this season.

Assume he will have to sit a year.....

Ole Miss 2018 (REDSHIRT FRESHMAN): Appeared in four games as the backup at right tackle … Made first career appearance against Southern Illinois (9/8/2017) and helped the Rebels put up 76 points, the fifth-most in school history ... Ole Miss' 629 total yards were the sixth-most in school history, while the 470 team passing yards were second-most ever by a Rebels team ... Saw action late in the game vs. #1 Alabama (9/15/18) … vs. Kent State (9/22/18): Helped pass block for Jordan's Ta'amu's 442-yard passing effort, the fourth-most yards in school history ... vs. ULM (10/6/18): Helped block for an Ole Miss offense that set school records in both total offense (826) and passing yards (517) ... The 826 total yards were the second-most ever by an SEC team and are the most by any FBS team this season.

He'll need it. Doesn't look like he has the upper body strength yet. Probably needs conditioning too.

Dude had 24 offers coming out of high school. Big get for UCF. I agree he'll need some time getting his strength to where it needs to be on the O line. I could see this guy being a wrecking ball. The transfer portal didn't mention immediate eligibility, but again Ole Miss has some history and the NCAA has has granted their transfers immediate playing time (Tre Nixon and others). He already burned a red-shirt year. So I understand he'll have 3 yrs in playing 2 starting Fall 2020, or 3 for 3 starting 2019 given the terms of the release.

Why is it you guys are saying Gray needs time in the weight room? They have weight rooms at SEC schools and everyone trains.

HI QB wore UCF gear to 7 on 7 championship

Right away there was a lot of buzz around Team 808 and their prolific offense guided by Jayden de Laura who scored on its first eight possessions. Sharp on the move, incredibly confident and always looking for the big play, de Laura and his squad rolled to the final four of this 32-team extravaganza. Hawaii and Western Michigan have offered. The generously-listed 6-foot-1 de Laura competed with UCF garb on.

Pipeline showing promise!

ADVERTISEMENT