ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

DL question for you guys. Kengaria Daniel from Kentuky is immediately eligible but is listed as a DE. Height and bodyweight according to 247 is 6-5" 260lbs but UK website says 235lbs. If he is 260lbs, is that heavy enough to be what were looking for? I realize the coaches will have to verify and vet him as a DT.

I'm asking about him because he is from FL and he liked one of Heups posts on Twitter recently. His other recent likes don't seem to be from other programs. Looks like friends, etc. He hasn't had much play time (similar to Brandon Wilson I think).

https://247sports.com/Player/Kengera-Daniel-32436/college-136912/

Do we have any more scholarships to offer?

So if 3 companies came to you and offered you a job you would have issues?

No but posting about the number of offers seems like something you would only do if you wanted to make sure people knew how many offers you're getting. Which comes off as you're more interested in accumulating offers to impress people than you are in seriously considering those offers.

It's not that they shouldn't entertain a ton of programs. It is important for these young guys to enjoy the process, and see enough programs and meet enough coaches to learn what they think is important.

The only problem is if they're interviewing for jobs just to get a bunch of offers without seriously considering those offers. That is a waste of the coaches time and the universities funding.

That is interviewing in bad faith.

I would caution everyone against interviewing at jobs they know they won't accept prior to the interview.

All that said, these guys are young and are just learning about these things.

Adding this. Nobody should be critical of these guys collecting offers or call them out on it because that makes us look pretty and small.

But, it is probably safe for fans to assume that athlete does not care for our program or coaches.

Reactions: Shark59
So if 3 companies came to you and offered you a job you would have issues?
Like he said below, not saying it’s bad to get offers. Bragging about how many on Twitter is a different story. If I’m interviewing someone at my workplace and they start telling me all the places that offered them a position I cross them off. That means as soon as they don’t like what you ask or a problem arises they will jump ship.

He plays, the offers come...just the fact.
Besides aren't offers recognition of what other schools think of his abilities? Don't you think he's looking for the best possible offer he can get and having others schools interested in him raises his profile. What's wrong with that? I can't fault him for it. If you don't want to recruit him, that's your choice. I don't think I'm ready to rule him out and that's my choice.

Besides aren't offers recognition of what other schools think of his abilities? Don't you think he's looking for the best possible offer he can get and having others schools interested in him raises his profile. What's wrong with that? I can't fault him for it. If you don't want to recruit him, that's your choice. I don't think I'm ready to rule him out and that's my choice.
He can just say what most people say. Blessed to have received an offer from.....No need to say how many in same tweet.

LATbJV.png

"Ty Tyler says UCF informed him last night they are no longer interested and have moved in a different direction"

ADVERTISEMENT