ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

CJ had a season ending injury last year and used his red-shirt. I wonder if he could take a medical waiver which could apply as his one year wait? I would think he has a great shot at coming to UCF.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
it was disappointing how quickly CJ bailed on considering UCF when Frost went to Nebraska when his brother was a star & wasn’t even a Frost staff recruit

it was disappointing how quickly CJ bailed on considering UCF when Frost went to Nebraska when his brother was a star & wasn’t even a Frost staff recruit
frost and ucf weren't really in consideration for him, we got a courtesy visit. he clearly didn't have a problem with the frost part of that combination because as soon as frost went to nebraska they shot to the top of the list. this p5 brainwashing is real. look at how athlon has nebraska ranked higher than us in pre-season simply because they are nebraska.

frost and ucf weren't really in consideration for him, we got a courtesy visit. he clearly didn't have a problem with the frost part of that combination because as soon as frost went to nebraska they shot to the top of the list. this p5 brainwashing is real. look at how athlon has nebraska ranked higher than us in pre-season simply because they are nebraska.
So true regarding the ranking.

same thing with their QB Martinez who might end up being really good. He refused to visit or consider UCF when Frost was here but immediately gave a look to Nebraska. I thought CJ visited more than once(unofficial) but could be wrong.

Reactions: MckenzieMilton10
same thing with their QB Martinez who might end up being really good. He refused to visit or consider UCF when Frost was here but immediately gave a look to Nebraska. I thought CJ visited more than once(unofficial) but could be wrong.
well i'll give adrian a pass because if he was my son he wouldn't be considering a school that had a sophomore QB that just lead them to an undefeated season (and lacking the profile of an early entry candidate so two more years definitely). nebraska's QB situation was like when KZ came here.

Not how I interpreted the statement that if this kid makes the decision to come to UCF we are probably set for the next 6 seasons at QB........that is a pretty big leap
Is the USF game already that far removed from your memory to make a statement like that?

Is the USF game already that far removed from your memory to make a statement like that?

You totally misinterpreted what I said, you need to go back and read what I said and you will realize that you made my point for me! Regardless of ANY QBs decision to come to UCF it is a "big leap" and down right outrageous to make any kind of statement that his decision could set us up at QB through 2024..........

You totally misinterpreted what I said, you need to go back and read what I said and you will realize that you made my point for me! Regardless of ANY QBs decision to come to UCF it is a "big leap" and down right outrageous to make any kind of statement that his decision could set us up at QB through 2024..........
Last year people were crying on this board about how Heup couldn't get any good QB recruits. Since then we got Dillon Gabriel, Wimbush and now it looks like we're going to get another good QB recruit in this 2020 class (icing on the cake). In addition, we've discovered that the walk-on QB from Evans is pretty good. Yes, we have taken a "big leap" from all those "we are doomed" tears on this site one year ago. :joy: Not to mention that we may very well get another year out of KZ. Also, I will NOT let anything USF does define my UCF team(s). Don't let them grab your privates when we're discussing UCF on this site. :fistbump:

Last year people were crying on this board about how Heup couldn't get any good QB recruits. Since then we got Dillon Gabriel, Wimbush and now it looks like we're going to get another good QB recruit in this 2020 class (icing on the cake). In addition, we've discovered that the walk-on QB from Evans is pretty good. Yes, we have taken a "big leap" from all those "we are doomed" tears on this site one year ago. :joy: Not to mention that we may very well get another year out of KZ. Also, I will NOT let anything USF does define my UCF team(s). Don't let them grab your privates when we're discussing UCF on this site. :fistbump:

Since you quoted my post I have to assume that you are responding to something I wrote in that post. Despite the fact that I agree with much of what you said, I don't see how this has anything to do with my post........my point is that despite the depth that we currently have or might have in the future at QB, there are entirely too may things that can happen in the next 5 years to say we are set at this position through 2024. Given the recent trend for QBs to enter the portal and transfer every time the wind blows and they get a hard on, anything is possible. Yes things are much better from a year ago, I just don't want to see the staff get over confident....they need to continue to seek out high caliber QB talent....BTW if you are referring to Quadry he came from Jones not Evans.......

Not how I interpreted the statement that if this kid makes the decision to come to UCF we are probably set for the next 6 seasons at QB........that is a pretty big leap

You are using words could and probably. Not definitely. We could be set at QB. We’ll find out.

You are using words could and probably. Not definitely. We could be set at QB. We’ll find out.

You can spin this any way you want but the fact is we have ZERO QBs on our roster that are eligible to play college football in 2024, so I would say that there is no chance we probably or could be set at QB through 2024

Since you quoted my post I have to assume that you are responding to something I wrote in that post. Despite the fact that I agree with much of what you said, I don't see how this has anything to do with my post........my point is that despite the depth that we currently have or might have in the future at QB, there are entirely too may things that can happen in the next 5 years to say we are set at this position through 2024. Given the recent trend for QBs to enter the portal and transfer every time the wind blows and they get a hard on, anything is possible. Yes things are much better from a year ago, I just don't want to see the staff get over confident....they need to continue to seek out high caliber QB talent....BTW if you are referring to Quadry he came from Jones not Evans.......
best-friends.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT