ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Barrow on campus and practicing according to 247 site. He's immediately eligible with multiple years eligibility. He retired last year 12 months after injury because he was discouraged with progress. Knee and hip (not a returnable surgery for football) require a minimum of 18 months recovery to feel normal again. It's been 22 months for him at this point. I expect to see him on the field this fall, definitely by October if not sooner :)

Barrow on campus and practicing according to 247 site. He's immediately eligible with multiple years eligibility. He retired last year 12 months after injury because he was discouraged with progress. Knee and hip (not a returnable surgery for football) require a minimum of 18 months recovery to feel normal again. It's been 22 months for him at this point. I expect to see him on the field this fall, definitely by October if not sooner :)

This pleases me.

I was thinking the same thing.
You know who else had some nice offers, incoming QB Mike Wright. He had 19 offers in addition to UCF. Among those were: Arkansas, Boston College, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisville, Minnesota, Mississippi, Bowling Green, Utah, Cincinnati, and Tulane. He has also become quite a positive voice concerning the quality of UCF football.

oh ish, his last name is tampa. i thought he was tj from tampa. so i'm trying to find this guy's name so i could look at his recruiting profile.

feeling good about my Dillon Gabriel obsession in this thread if the rumors of the practice field translates on the field in real games sometime this season or next

He should start and play then entire year. Wimbush is Malik Zaire redux. Start the QB that has a high ceiling, there’s no guarantee that Milton will be able to play again.

We have whiffed on ALL of the top targets we are pursuing. We are ninth in the AAC in the composite rankings. I want our team to recruit well, is that soooooooo difficult to be understood?
We whiff on most top targets, only had a handful of 4 stars in our program. How’d UFs recruiting last year end up? They were a top 10 class in July and now 9 of their commits never stepped foot on campus. All I’m saying is that if you truly are a fan you should celebrate when we get good talent. An occasional “he looks good” wouldn’t hurt then go back to bitching. Just a $hitty way to live life always looking at the negative. Enjoy the ride.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Not to me.
But we do have a number of players who have not all been ranked and that could make a great difference in our final standings. I also understand some of the rankings of players who are currently ranked could go higher. Lastly, we do have a number of transfers who do not show up in our overall rankings. I still do not like to see us in 8th or 9th in the conference but hopefully that will change.

Reactions: ahabmw
For example, 247 Sports shows us at 87 with only 11 commits whereas we actually have 16 commits. So much depends on where you are looking. It's confusing.

Reactions: ahabmw
For example, 247 Sports shows us at 87 with only 11 commits whereas we actually have 16 commits. So much depends on where you are looking. It's confusing.
We are 69 now without a single new commit. Last year had the #2 G5 class at 59.

Oh yea I see that almost all of our commits are now rated on 247. Thanks for the update. 69 overall and 6 in conference.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT