ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

We normally carry a big back for short/red zone runs but we seem to be doing fine this year without it. We could always use Wimbush for those.

Would you be happy with the #1 rushing yard leader and #1 rushing TD leader in the nation?

Haha this is amazing. He is on my personal list of comitted recruits who I think will be re-rated significantly higher.

Reactions: Endeavor.
...also just found this while waiting at Dr. office.

This guy is all around powerful and is another I expect to get re-rated higher. I include Mike Lofton and Kervins Choute on my re-rate list list too. Don't know enough about others.
I adon't care for ratings much considering how elite we already are but I know someone has been upset about our recruiting ranking.

It's official. Sam Brown committed.
tenor.gif

Sam Brown would be our Gabe Davis replacement. His video is interesting because he never seems to sprint after he catches the ball. Just takes these long strides.

Reactions: Endeavor.
Reloading with some big WRs. Ahmad and Robinson (OK transfer) have the speed, but it’s good to get some tall athletic guys too.

Reactions: ahabmw
It's good to keep depth on your team at QB. We don't know what will happen in the off season with our QB depth? He might be willing to stay as a backup.

He played in 4 games. 39 total plays. Probably wants to maintain the ability to redshirt with the new rule since he is a senior.
Didn’t he already sit out a year? This would make 2 plus if he redshirted before coming to us that would be 3 years right there. He still has eligibility?

Didn’t he already sit out a year? This would make 2 plus if he redshirted before coming to us that would be 3 years right there. He still has eligibility?
I think he had at least two years left when he came to us. Believe he tore his ACL again in his redshirt freshman season, then again-again in the following spring. Never got to his redshirt sophomore season.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
I think he had at least two years left when he came to us. Believe he tore his ACL again in his redshirt freshman season, then again-again in the following spring. Never got to his redshirt sophomore season.
Correct. This is his 4th year technically. He has 5 years to play 4. I think the only way he plays next year is a situation where he doesn’t have to sit like a transfer to FCS or grad transfer.

Reactions: Knight Strength
UCF mentions and quotes from HS Coaches

Didn’t Nebraska double his salary? I’m sure he would have liked to come back to UCF, but make no mistake, all the coaches Frost took made a life changing jump in salary. I’m sure if UCF would have offered him a big bump he would have stayed, but I’m not convinced he stays if offered the same position and salary.

edit: I just checked and Beckton made 240k in 2017 at UCF and took a 160k bump to go to Nebraska (now makes 400k). UCFs new TE coach Jon Cooper makes 130k.

Last edited:
Becktondict Arnold did the right thing. He made a life changing decision. I would say that the grass isn’t always greener, but he’s going to need some of his green to buy a plow and find grass under this mess

4B0Kru.jpg

Didn’t Nebraska double his salary? I’m sure he would have liked to come back to UCF, but make no mistake, all the coaches Frost took made a life changing jump in salary. I’m sure if UCF would have offered him a big bump he would have stayed, but I’m not convinced he stays if offered the same position and salary.

edit: I just checked and Beckton made 240k in 2017 at UCF and took a 160k bump to go to Nebraska (now makes 400k). UCFs new TE coach Jon Cooper makes 130k.
Still a bump in pay but you have to take in account he has to pay for home here and there as well as pay state income tax there that he didn’t in Florida.

We offered to match his salary to be a position coach. He didn't want it because he wasn't going to be the OC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT