ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Looks like we got our QB for the class. What are the coaches doing?? **** :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Why have y’all let this troll hijack every thread? Please put him on ignore. Click on his name and then top right click “ignore”

Was gonna say something similar. I used to look forward to an update on this thread, and seeing actual recruits news. Now it’s just the same circular debate. Maybe create another thread called “cameltoe complains about recruiting” and pin that to the top too.

Was gonna say something similar. I used to look forward to an update on this thread, and seeing actual recruits news. Now it’s just the same circular debate. Maybe create another thread called “cameltoe complains about recruiting” and pin that to the top too.

What actual recruiting info is posted here? Little to nothing. Everything in this site is locked behind a paywall. Even UCF press releases are posted behind the paywall.

Last edited:
Quadry after checking out Livingston, Alabama for a few days
giphy.gif

What actual recruiting info is posted here? Little to nothing. Everything in this site is locked behind a paywall. Even UCF press releases are posted behind the paywall.
Do you know what a press release is or is your brain too full of football knowledge? If you mean articles written by Brandon, then you’re right, but all press releases given by UCF, are free to the public at UCF knights.com

Do you know what a press release is or is your brain too full of football knowledge? If you mean articles written by Brandon, then you’re right, but all press releases given by UCF, are free to the public at UCF knights.com

Im starting to think he really cant be this dumb and is simply acting like a moron because he has nothing better to do than troll this board......

Fans here are complaining that Wright got his fourth star and not that he flipped from Heupel on ESD. Unbelievable. This forum is the Internet version of that old b&w show my grand parents used to watch, Twilight Zone.

Lets celebrate that we got a QB commit that nobody wants. Awesome.

Fans here are complaining that Wright got his fourth star and not that he flipped from Heupel on ESD. Unbelievable. This forum is the Internet version of that old b&w show my grand parents used to watch, Twilight Zone.

If Jeff Scott had offered him at the 11th hour like some of the 2 stars he reeled in then he would be the next Tom Brady. Time to give up the charade.

If Jeff Scott had offered him at the 11th hour like some of the 2 stars he reeled in then he would be the next Tom Brady. Time to give up the charade.

Stop it already. The kid had two commitable offers, one from Sacramento State and the other from us. It's silly to be celebrating.

Last edited:

Quarterbacks no one wanted: Aaron Rodgers, Jimmy garropollo, Blake bortles, Brett Farve, Daunte cullpepper, Mckenzie Milton, josh Adams, Josh Heupel. Don’t judge a book by a cover because your life sucks, it could be untapped potential and only time will tell.

None of us are mad or disappointed that wright flipped, we all get it. if he stayed with UCF, he would have never gotten that fourth star. I’m excited he did because it showed Heupel knows which quarterbacks to recruit and he’s a good kid. Wright is more likely to start at Vandy then he is here. DG will be our starter for the next 2-3 years.

We took what we could get at this point in this class, and we let Quadry back on the team. We have 4 qbs going into this season, I’m satisfied and the dudes senior season tapes are legit.

There’s not a coach out there that would have been able to keep mike wright to play behind DG for 2-3 more years in the AAC and to skip SEC offers that have more potential for immediate playing time, even the great CJS would have lost him.

Life can sometimes boil down to your perspective. The perspective you have is never going to be the perspective of the majority of UCF fans. Go root for UGA, or USF since they’re doing it right. On their board there’s an entire thread asking how we passed them by and what they can do to catch us. You’d add so much value to that conversation, so maybe offer those trade secrets there.

Hear me out KNIGHTS! This is my idea for improving our recruting. We should make it an incentive and also a penalty in the contracts all of the full times coaches.

For example (using the 247 composite) final UCF recruiting rank
50-59 all coaches receive and extra $25k, 75k for Heup. 40-49 all coaches get $50k, 150K for Heup. The highest tier would be 30-39 where all coaches would get $75k, $225K for Heup.

Now the penalties for subpar recruting: 60-69 the annual salary of all coaches -$10k, -$50k from Heup. The last tier 70-79, all coaches get $50k deducted from their annual salary, $200k from Heup.

Thoughts?

Hear me out KNIGHTS! This is my idea for improving our recruting. We should make it an incentive and also a penalty in the contracts all of the full times coaches.

50-59 all coaches receive and extra $25k, 75k for Heup. 40-49 all coaches get $50k, 150K for Heup. The highest tier would be 30-39 where all coaches would get $75k, $225K for Heup.

Now the penalties for subpar recruting: 60-69 the annual salary of all coaches -$10k, -$50k from Heup. The last tier 70-79, all coaches get $50k deducted from their annual salary, $200k from Heup.

Thoughts?
UCF had the top class in G5 last year and by this standard you pulled out of your ass would be considered “subpar recruiting”. You are dumber than a box of rocks.

UCF had the top class in G5 last year and by this standard you pulled out of your ass would be considered “subpar recruiting”. You are dumber than a box of rocks.

Stop with the insults already. What's your problem? I want out program to keep progressing and that wont happen unless recruiting improves.

I got something from one of my sources. Khaleb Long the stud WR from Tampa might surprise everyone and end up at Cincinnati.

Cinci has the best class in the conference and it looks like they are not done landing top recruits. Not ideal news for us as they are our number rival in the division.

Thoughts?
What tier would the cows be in this year?

I’d rather their bonuses be tied to on the field results
Agreed..winning and going to a NY6 Bowl accounts for everything else. If you start offering bonuses to coaches getting a tiered recruiting ranking, it opens a potential ethics issue. We all know how that worked out for us before. Lets keep focusing on what we've been doing.

Reactions: KnightLife1

Thoughts?
This is the dumbest shit I've ever read.

What's your proposal then? It is easy to criticize somebody's idea without having any of your own.
You want me to propose a fix for something you cant know will need fixing without years of perspective. I'll get right on that.

I'll tell you what I wouldn't do is base coaches bonuses on a completely subjective rating system.

Notice he didn’t respond to my message about all the big 80-83 rated moves USF are making while we apparently slop around for gutter snipe.

Reactions: shacket

Thoughts?
Why don't we just give everyone $1.00 and a hard kick in the nuts regardless of what happens. Wouldn't that make more sense?

Notice he didn’t respond to my message about all the big 80-83 rated moves USF are making while we apparently slop around for gutter snipe.

Jeff Scott has been recruiting for two weeks, their avg rating is 83.03 and ours is 83.52. I dont care about USF other than their new staff will take advantage of our poor recruting.

Understand?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT