ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Jeff Scott has been recruiting for two weeks, their avg rating is 83.03 and ours is 83.52. I dont care about USF other than their new staff will take advantage of our poor recruting.

Understand?
You want to give bonuses based on people’s opinions? Does it matter if you have a top 10 recruiting class and finish outside top 25 the next few seasons?

Reactions: ahabmw
I have it from a good source (not really) that Marvin Scott III and/or Mecose Todd are giving us a good look right now.

Jeff Scott has been recruiting for two weeks, their avg rating is 83.03 and ours is 83.52. I dont care about USF other than their new staff will take advantage of our poor recruting.

Understand?
He’s been recruiting for two weeks but you give him credit for guys who signed more than a month ago. Interesting logic. Also per the gold standard, 247 the average rating for usf is 81.63.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/TeamRankings/

I'll say it. It's just a little shade of it, don't overreact.

He looks a little like KZ and a little like Johnny Football.
Hard to gauge his accuracy since all we are seeing is highlights, but I would say those comparisons are fair. He definitely has a feel for the rush and escapability in the pocket. Several of the highlights had defensive linemen running free at him and he was able to escape the pocket and keep eyes downfield. Only thing I question is the level of competition he was facing. Also he doesn’t appear to have the arm that Gabriel or KZ or Manziel do. But that can probability be improved with better mechanics. It’s much harder to teach speed and elusiveness.

Hard to gauge his accuracy since all we are seeing is highlights, but I would say those comparisons are fair. He definitely has a feel for the rush and escapability in the pocket. Several of the highlights had defensive linemen running free at him and he was able to escape the pocket and keep eyes downfield. Only thing I question is the level of competition he was facing. Also he doesn’t appear to have the arm that Gabriel or KZ or Manziel do. But that can probability be improved with better mechanics. It’s much harder to teach speed and elusiveness.
All fair. It's just a shade, not like he's there yet or anything but the film reminds me of those guys a little bit. He has great quick twitch escapability and that jumps out on the film, level of competition not necessary.

Reactions: ahabmw
We had Wright who I really liked as a prospect. Heupel loses Wright and gets an absolute JAG. Everyone here is more than fine with it? Heup doesn't even have to do anything, the entire mob here is ready with a million silly excuses. This really makes me sick.

We had Wright who I really liked as a prospect. Heupel loses Wright and gets an absolute JAG. Everyone here is more than fine with it? Heup doesn't even have to do anything, the entire mob here is ready with a million silly excuses. This really makes me sick.
He has recruited the 3 highest classes in terms of average 247 composite rating in the history of the program. He has had 3 total classes. Now good day sir.

We lose wright because Heupel has a stacked and young QB room and you think this a bad thing?

We lose wright because Heupel has a stacked and young QB room and you think this a bad thing?
No, I think he’s trying to say that since we lost Wright we should have flipped a 5 star recruit to us.

#fireheup #22-4ain’tgoodenough

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Parker Navarro rated nearly a 4 star by ESPN (79 where 80 is a 4 star), 27 QB on the country, and the best player in the class for UCF. That gives UCF 6 players rated 75 or higher by ESPN in this class. usf has 1.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/2116/class/2020
Good info. Did he just get bumped up to 79 and we can expect the composite to go up or was the 79 already factored in?

Will be interesting to see if rivals and 247 update their ratings of him at all.

Good info. Did he just get bumped up to 79 and we can expect the composite to go up or was the 79 already factored in?

Will be interesting to see if rivals and 247 update their ratings of him at all.
I have no confidence in 247 composite ever updating, but no the ESPN rating is clearly not factored in. Simple math tells you it’s only factoring in his 80 (.8000) 247 and 5.5 (.8333) rivals rating.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I have no confidence in 247 composite ever updating, but no the ESPN rating is clearly not factored in. Simple math tells you it’s only factoring in his 80 (.8000) 247 and 5.5 (.8333) rivals rating.
I felt like Dallaz Corbitts 4* from ESPN got factored in the evening before signing day. Oh well, we'll see.

ADVERTISEMENT