ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

If you want to discuss COVID-19, protests and riots go to the dungeon. If you want to talk UCF football and recruting stay here in The Round Table!
Where is this round table you keep talking about, cuz this ain’t it... If you want to create a thread and call it the round table go ahead, but you just look stupid posting that over and over again. It’s not clever, it’s not elevating this site, it just gives everyone on here a good chuckle at your expense every day.

What?

Alabama is currently ranked 37th overall and 9th in the SEC on 24/7.

They're 32nd/7th on Rivals.

What the hell are you on about?
remember your first post when you said this thread was a cycle. Im afraid you're caught in it now too
Alabama has 3 recruits and is ranked 48th and 10th in the SEC, Nick Saban is abysmal at recruiting!
As a long time lurker on this and several other team forums, it's remarkable how cyclical all of this is.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Ucfmikes and ahabmw
You people who continue to engage with the trolls are making this thread trash.
I understand and respect your point, and generally I agree with you.

That said, this guy has been way too persistent for too long to be a simple troll. We are dealing with something else entirely.

I do think he is an actual fan, I couldn't imagine a non-fan putting in this level of time. The main question that keeps haunting me, is he Nevelle Clark's dad?

Miller Moss to USC! That's an insane QB class for Clay Helton. I think they keep both Moss and Garcia. Must be nice.
with how easy it is to transfer now, if i was a big time recruit i would go to my favorite school and not worry about another recruit at the same position because only one will win the job and if it's not me i'd just transfer.

Reactions: ahabmw and shacket

That said, this guy has been way too persistent for too long to be a simple troll. We are dealing with something else entirely.

I do think he is an actual fan, I couldn't imagine a non-fan putting in this level of time. The main question that keeps haunting me, is he Nevelle Clark's dad?
That's funny and scary at the same time!

Reactions: shacket

I am not sure what you are trying to imply here? I am a fan, that's obvious.

Why would Clarke’s Dad act like that? Has he been wronged here? I don’t think so. Guy said he was 22 or so white guy. Not sure as I’ve never actually seen him.

Why would Clarke’s Dad act like that? Has he been wronged here? I don’t think so. Guy said he was 22 or so white guy. Not sure as I’ve never actually seen him.
I agree. Assume he is who he says he is. I think the Clarke thing was originally a joke but has been repeated because it would be such a waste of his time it's a ridiculous idea so it's sort of funny.

I noticed you did not deny your paternity as concerns Nevelle.

Shall I take that as confirmation?

I did on several occasions. I also posted that Nevelle faked an injury to get out of running the 40 at the combine because he is slow. Would his father say that?

For what its worth you and KnightStrenght are my favorite posters here. You guys criticize me but neither of you is malicious.

I know I get carried away but it's mostly because everyone is so quick to excuse everything. I admit that I keep referring to the round table because it annoys Dungeonites. They annoy me, so its fair.

I did on several occasions. I also posted that Nevelle faked an injury to get out of running the 40 at the combine because he is slow. Would his father say that?

For what its worth you and KnightStrenght are my favorite posters here. You guys criticize me but neither of you is malicious.

I know I get carried away but it's mostly because everyone is so quick to excuse everything. I admit that I keep referring to the round table because it annoys Dungeonites. They annoy me, so its fair.
I'm just messing with you, it's very clear you aren't Nevelle's dad, I don't know why that just makes me laugh every time.

I appreciate your updates on recruits that we get (and when we don't get one and he lands elsewhere). I think everyone likes having the updates really, I just think posters in general just get tired of seeing negative posts about Heupel & staff on a daily basis.

I am not high on the recruiting we have seen from this staff these last 2 years either, and I think you have made some solid, valid points to that end. I'm not gonna tell you how to live your life, but if you toned down the frequency of the negative posts about the staff/recruits a little, I bet more posters on this board would recognize the legitimacy of your points.

Personally, I appreciate having some balance on the board and seeing some divergent viewpoints, I just think you have posted negative comments frequently enough that posters have started to single you out as a troll instead of considering your viewpoints for what they are.

Dabo getting exposed as trash. Clemson is the only team in the ACC worth anything, they go down and the entire conference folds. I love it.
Dabo needs to be suspended at a minimum. Something has to give here.
He definitely messed up with his recent statements. If the claim of the player who came forward is true / verified, (about Dabo doing nothing when a coach called a player the n-word), that will be a VERY bad look for the program in recruiting, amongst other things.

Reactions: KnightofCamelot
Alabama WR Tyrell Shavers enters transfer portal:
https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2020/06/veteran-alabama-wide-receiver-enters-transfer-portal.html
Are we interested? There is no shame in getting buried on Alabama's receiver depth chart, they have had one of the deepest WR corps in CFB history the last few years.

I am reading Baylor is one of the programs he is considering, kid is from TX, maybe Heup or friends know him, Heup seems to like TX receivers and still have some connects left from his OU days.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2020/06/veteran-alabama-wide-receiver-enters-transfer-portal.html
Are we interested? There is no shame in getting buried on Alabama's receiver depth chart, they have had one of the deepest WR corps in CFB history the last few years.

I am reading Baylor is one of the programs he is considering, kid is from TX, maybe Heup or friends know him, Heup seems to like TX receivers and still have some connects left from his OU days.
Baylor's HC is Dave Aranda right? Who's the OC?

6'6 and ran a 4.38 in high school and still wasn't a top 4 receiver at Bama.
Do you know how insane that is, the air is DIFFERENT at the blue bloods.

Wouldn't it be cool to convince these guys to come here straight out of high school? They could most likely play earlier and not be buried on the depth chart. Maybe one day our recruiting will take the next step.

Dabo getting exposed as trash. Clemson is the only team in the ACC worth anything, they go down and the entire conference folds. I love it.
Dabo has given hints at how ignorant he is before so this doesn't shock me. I wonder if it will finally start effecting recruiting and his program. Out of all the high profile head coaches he gave the worst statement in response to the Floyd killing and protests. Usually recruits and undergrad players are apathetic about politics/demographics but I think with the explosion of information through social media that may start to change. That could be an asset that could help UCF, I remember Dillon Gabriel mentioning that he liked the diversity of UCF and Orlando when comparing to his visit to the University of Georgia.

I also think the pandemic has shifted recruiting some as well, Southern Cal specifically is benefiting.

Wouldn't it be cool to convince these guys to come here straight out of high school? They could most likely play earlier and not be buried on the depth chart. Maybe one day our recruiting will take the next step.
would be, but these guys would be starters at lesser P5 programs like Baylor and Louisville so you would have to convince them to bypass those schools too.

Last edited:
True but recently Alabama receiving corps has been INSANE even for a blueblood. 2 first rounders went this year, and they STILL have Smith and Waddle who are both NFL guys as well. Insane.

"In three seasons with Alabama, Shavers posted just one catch, a 20-yarder that came last year during the Tide’s blowout win over Western Carolina". He played in almost every game but mop up duty. A former top 100 player. Not necessarily riding the pine but not able to get into real rotation. Might be worth a look, but my feeling is that if he were as good as he was rated he would already be seeing more time.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
"In three seasons with Alabama, Shavers posted just one catch, a 20-yarder that came last year during the Tide’s blowout win over Western Carolina". He played in almost every game but mop up duty. A former top 100 player. Not necessarily riding the pine but not able to get into real rotation. Might be worth a look, but my feeling is that if he were as good as he was rated he would already be seeing more time.
He was playing behind Henry Ruggs, Jerry Jeudy, Davonta Smith, and Jalen Waddle. Potentially 4 first round picks. That is completely unheard of.

He would possibly compete for one of our starting spots on the outside in my opinion, depending if Marlon moves outside or stays in the slot. I think he could help us, he has absurd measurables and could be both a deep threat and a red-zone threat.

What’s Shavers eligibility like? We won’t need him if he’s immediate

He was playing behind Henry Ruggs, Jerry Jeudy, Davonta Smith, and Jalen Waddle. Potentially 4 first round picks. That is completely unheard of.

He would possibly compete for one of our starting spots on the outside in my opinion, depending if Marlon moves outside or stays in the slot. I think he could help us, he has absurd measurables and could be both a deep threat and a red-zone threat.
I like Marlon at rb/wr

Would be great if he is good enough. We have been pretty deep at that position and I am hoping we are surprised by the youngsters. We have had some pretty good transfers over the last couple of years but I think they were special circumstances. Don't we have a guy from Ol Miss eligible to play this year? .

Would be great if he is good enough. We have been pretty deep at that position and I am hoping we are surprised by the youngsters. We have had some pretty good transfers over the last couple of years but I think they were special circumstances. Don't we have a guy from Ol Miss eligible to play this year? .

Are you talking about the OL? He was in and out of the starting lineup last year. I am of unaware of another Ole Miss transfer.

We had Gray (OL), and I think the last one from Ole Miss before that might have been Trey Nixon. We do have Flash Robinson from OU eligible to play now though.

Reactions: Knight Strength

Funny you saying that. Bama had two receivers drafted in the first round this year, both were 5 star in every service or a very high four star. They have two WRs that will drafted next year, same story.

Look I am not expecting us to recruit like Bama or a top P5, but for Dungeonites to come here and excuse every JAG we take is a joke.

Taking JAG out of state guys? Why? Florida is loaded with skill guys! It's perfectly acceptable to go out of state for a top recruit but not for an average guy.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT