ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Just wondering, does UCF not think very highly of the Cent. FL Super 60? We never seem to have very many of those players. Not a criticism, just wondering.

Just wondering, does UCF not think very highly of the Cent. FL Super 60? We never seem to have very many of those players. Not a criticism, just wondering.
Usually only about half are FBS scholarship players Florida and Miami each have 2 in the 2021 class. FSU, UCF, and usf have 1 each. I don’t think the list is a high priority.

Reactions: Knight Strength
This was something KOC brought up a couple of times. Other posters pointed out that we had a number of players ranked higher than many Super 60 players.

That said, I do like recruiting guys from Boone, Edgewater, Jones, Bishop Moore, and other Orlando area schools. I think there were a few this class that went up north somewhere (it happens). I remember two years ago a RB from Timber Creek went out of state too (Patrick something?). He had a brother who went to FSU but he passed on them too.

We are seeing local interest increase right now... As long as we're getting the best guys we can that's the first priority.

Reactions: Knight Strength
He's been liking some UCF stuff on twitter, including Obarski telling him to "come home". Looks like they're both from Chandler, AZ.

Don't have a subscription for 247, but an article about him popped up: https://247sports.com/college/centr...B-Mikey-Keene-decision-Chandler-AZ-150691919/

Just going off the URL and title it looks like he's deciding soon, and top choices are us, Utah State, and Iowa State.
I hope not. From his film, he looks like he would be a really good fit here.

Reactions: HammerB08
Ok, another question. Does anyone know why UCF football does not have a TV show? Seems like every other school has one. Even O'Dreary had one which was pretty dreary but we had one. Why not now?

Reactions: Blackheart1
At the end of the last signing day everyone on here was saying they thought the 2021 class was going to be our best ever.
Do we factor in the 4 transfers?

I am always in favor of being patient and waiting to see how things play out. I will judge the 2021 class in January 2021 and call it how I see it.

Do we factor in the 4 transfers?

I am always in favor of being patient and waiting to see how things play out. I will judge the 2021 class in January 2021 and call it how I see it.
They count on the field (where it matters) but not in class rankings.

Reactions: PhDee
Reactions: Beach Knight

Brings us up to 6 in the AAC from 7, and brings the class average rating up from .8419 to .8422.
Was watching some Keene film. The things that stood out are his acceleration, footwork, and accuracy on the run. I knew he must have played baseball. turns out he used to pitch and play shortstop. Looks like Manziel on film.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT