ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Don't let the fact that Heupel just interviewed the TE Coach from Tennessee that's right in the middle of the ongoing recruting scandal distract you from the fact that Jeremy aka Junior wanted the guy hired.

Tennessee just let a few people go.

This was coming and Heupel interviewed a guy right in the middle of the investigation. I posted about this yesterday in this thread.

Meanwhile, Jeremy posted that he would be a "good hire because he was Tennessee's top recruiter."

Dungeonites read whatever propaganda is fed to them and just start to vomit all over the place.

This was coming and Heupel interviewed a guy right in the middle of the investigation. I posted about this yesterday in this thread.

Meanwhile, Jeremy posted that he would be a "good hire because he was Tennessee's top recruiter."

Dungeonites read whatever propaganda is fed to them and just start to vomit all over the place.
Aw cumalot good to see I’m in your head.

1. Very poorly written smh. Also unprofessional. Hard to know how seriously we can take this writer. Hope they're not putting this article on their resume.
2. UCF fans used to complain about GOL not recruiting FL and relying on his connections up north too much.
3. I am also happy with this unconfirmed hire.

1. Very poorly written smh. Also unprofessional. Hard to know how seriously we can take this writer. Hope they're not putting this article on their resume.
2. UCF fans used to complain about GOL not recruiting FL and relying on his connections up north too much.
3. I am also happy with this unconfirmed hire.
Agreed, embarrassing and unprofessional. I wouldn’t call this writing...I would call this vomit ranting, the same kind we’ve seen on this forum (that has ruined this website) for the last six months.

No doubt, it’s that child from his basement (who was supposedly done per his very sad NYE post).

Covering sports involves countless hours away from your family and friends. It’s a thankless job, and these days it comes with additional challenges (zoom press conferences,limited player access, limited to no practice access, etc).

Probably shouldn’t even circulate nor encourage these fanboy pieces.

There's nothing to the Heupel to Tennessee rumors that some UCF fans are trying to start. Tennessee would never consider him. Take that to the bank.

The candidates for the UT job:

Jeff Hafley Boston College
Bill Clark UAB
Huge Freeze Liberty
James Chadwell Coastal Carolina
Billy Napier Louisiana
Neal Brown West Virginia
Gus Malzahn
Tom Herman

That's it. Those are the guys. There's no Josh Heupel UCF and there wont be. We are stuck with this guy until his contract is over.

Wait, we are supposed to root for our opponents? That being said, Fickell recruits 20 spots ahead of Heupel in the composite and that's not about to change
I mean I wish we were doing well so my excitement could come from our teams successes, rather than from our opponents failures.

Wait, we are supposed to root for our opponents? That being said, Fickell recruits 20 spots ahead of Heupel in the composite and that's not about to change
I agree with you. Maybe we should ask Cincy for a straight up coach swap. Lol. Yes the best current coach in G5 is recruiting better than UCF and any other G5 school ever has. He is probably not long for Cincy either. You think he would come to UCF? [roll]

Alex Harris and Jacob Harris are not brothers😂
It’s a pretty common last name lol. This forum man...
My bad. I mistakenly said brother for guys that weren’t recruited at all and came at roughly the same time with same last name. I said Credle was transferring weeks before any forum you are on.

USF has been total trash for years, JS managed the one win, but his initial class at USF is ranked 63rd in the 247 composite and ours is 61st.

Scott has the right strategy and is concentrating in recruting Florida. Heupel is trying to recruit Hawaii. I am waiting for Jeremy aka Junior aka the spin master to explain the situation as anything other than absolute incompetence by Josh Heuple, Alex Golesh and the rest of the lot.

USF has been total trash for years, JS managed the one win, but his initial class at USF is ranked 63rd in the 247 composite and ours is 61st.

Scott has the right strategy and is concentrating in recruting Florida. Heupel is trying to recruit Hawaii. I am waiting for Jeremy aka Junior aka the spin master to explain the situation as anything other than absolute incompetence by Josh Heuple, Alex Golesh and the rest of the lot.
Congrats to cowtown. And their average recruit ranking is only 0.67 lower too. I guess that’s a win. Even if they can’t find a QB that would start for half of FBS. We get your schtick. Lol.

In another report that the TE coach from UT was the top candidate it was indicated that he was a good recruiter as well. This is key for this hire as we immediately need someone who can recruit well into the mix.

Not sure if that is a good thing.

Dude half of Jeff Scott’s staff is bailing on the program after 1 year. The TE coach left to coach at a high school.

Reactions: ahabmw and shacket
Dude half of Jeff Scott’s staff is bailing on the program after 1 year. The TE coach left to coach at a high school.

1. What does that have to do with their class being ranked 63rd and UCF's 61st?

2. Sorry arse USF could end up with a higher ranked class.

3. What does that say about Josh Heupel and his failures at recruting talent?

Last edited:
1. What does that have to do with their class being ranked 63rd and UCF's 61st?

2. Sorry arse USF could end up with a higher ranked class.

3. What does that say about Hosh Heuoel and his failures at recruting talent?
Do you have a point somewhere? usf is a peer and as one located in Florida with most of the same advantages as UCF they recruit similarly to UCF on an aggregate basis. The fact that UCF won a peach bowl factors into the equation very little other than to highlight that an AAC school can go undefeated and not sniff the playoff and got the one meaningful bowl divvied up between 70 schools. To the extent that factors in it is minimal compared to if a recruit can get early playing time and exposure on ESPN.

Do you have a point somewhere? usf is a peer and as one located in Florida with most of the same advantages as UCF they recruit similarly to UCF on an aggregate basis. The fact that UCF won a peach bowl factors into the equation very little other than to highlight that an AAC school can go undefeated and not sniff the playoff and got the one meaningful bowl divvied up between 70 schools. To the extent that factors in it is minimal compared to if a recruit can get early playing time and exposure on ESPN.

It's so funny watching you struggle to excuse Heupel. We need help in many position groups and Heupel has failed at bringing talent to those areas.

Cincinnati is a much deeper team with better talent in most areas and that does not stop Fickell from bringing talent to the team.

Scott has made it a point to lock down the talent in Tampa and Melbourne. What has Heupel made a point of? Trying to recruit Hawaiians that are 10,000 miles away?

It's so funny watching you struggle to excuse Heupel. We need help in many position groups and Heupel has failed at bringing talent to those areas.

Cincinnati is a much deeper team with better talent in most areas and that does not stop Fickell from bringing talent to the team.

Scott has made it a point to lock down the talent in Tampa and Melbourne. What has Heupel made a point of? Trying to recruit Hawaiians that are 10,000 miles away?
The non 4 star talent from central Florida “super 60” can walk on. And some have.

My mistake. I forgot about Germany. Heupel wants to lock down Hawaii and Germany. Pay no mind to Florida, nothing to see here.

Let's see what Heupel does with his recruits in 2021 now that the guys brought in by prior coaches are gone.

We saw a preview in the ballgame and it was not pretty. The man inherited a program running on all cylinders and look where we are at.

10 catches for TES in 2020. Give Golesh a raise?

Reactions: Knight Strength
Let's see what Heupel does with his recruits in 2021 now that the guys brought in by prior coaches are gone.

We saw a preview in the ballgame and it was not pretty. The man inherited a program running on all cylinders and look where we are at.

10 catches for TES in 2020. Give Golesh a raise?
Let’s be real here. He inherited a program that went undefeated with a favorable home/away schedule that got scares in 2 road games against decent competition in a down American conference with the GOAT at QB. A year after getting booed off the field against Arkansas state after a losing season. He proceeded to go undefeated with Milton at QB In 2018. I do agree with you about 2021 being the showcase for Heupel with his recruits.

Reactions: Knight Strength
It is insane, INSANE that people are trying to excuse the complete failure of Josh Heupel the recruiter, the program manager and head coach. The man has literally ravaged the program.

Now Dungeonites checking and hoping from a commitment from a Hawaii receiver that is not coming here and never was. I wonder who is feeding these people dreams and fake hope?

#dreamland

• Haha
Reactions: Endeavor.
It is insane, INSANE that people are trying to excuse the complete failure of Josh Heupel the recruiter, the program manager and head coach. The man has literally ravaged the program.

Now Dungeonites checking and hoping from a commitment from a Hawaii receiver that is not coming here and never was. I wonder who is feeding these people dreams and fake hope?

#dreamland
Ravished might be a bit much. He’s had 3 seasons. 2 of the top 5 seasons in program history (2 of the 5 seasons finishing ranked) plus a 6-4 Covid season. Meanwhile you are swinging from Jeff Scott’s nuts when he has 0 career wins vs FBS teams.

• Haha
Reactions: ahabmw
ADVERTISEMENT