ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Yeah true, I don’t think anyone is taking a chance on a high 4 CB, lol he has offers from some of the best. I think his point was that UCF hasn’t really put forth a lot of effort in recruiting his school or the area in a while when they should. Orlando area coaches have made a lot of comments like that on social media and expressed the excitement about Gus and the coaching change. This is all good stuff.

Apopka always puts out players, no reason to not be tight with that program.

Reactions: ahabmw and Yaes
He’s a RB. Not a FB. He’s not the key to your point. The FB won’t be running the ball. He’ll be blocking. FBs or H Backs weigh 240. Not 220.
Bowser is about the same size as Chandler Cox who was the H-Back at Auburn for years and now plays for the Dolphins.

Reactions: Endeavor.

Nice write up on Isaiah Bowser with a lot of film at the end of the article. Not a lot of film receiving out of backfield but he does look to be patient with some power. No doubt he’ll be my 6 yr old’s new favorite player solely on his last name being Bowser, Nintendo Switch has these kids on lock 🔒.

The @ on the jersey was a great add. Embrace the change in the rules and use it as an advantage to recruit.
It’s a gimmick that anyone can do. If we get recruits because of that others will just do it. Doubt recruits will come here for a spring game Twitter name.

It’s a gimmick that anyone can do. If we get recruits because of that others will just do it. Doubt recruits will come here for a spring game Twitter name.
Call it a gimmick if you want, that’s not the point. Point is, UCF is keeping it fresh af and the kids like it (kids being recruits and students). UCF is going with the branding of the future of college football, gotta love seeing UCF embracing new and fresh ideas like this. Sure, other schools can do it, but they aren’t getting the headlines then. We need to keep the unis fresh and be at the forefront to new, relevant ideas like this for the brand.

The fact that all old heads don’t like it proves it’s cool. Gus gets it, loving this guy more and more.

Call it a gimmick if you want, that’s not the point. Point is, UCF is keeping it fresh af and the kids like it (kids being recruits and students). UCF is going with the branding of the future of college football, gotta love seeing UCF embracing new and fresh ideas like this. Sure, other schools can do it, but they aren’t getting the headlines then. We need to keep the unis fresh and be at the forefront to new, relevant ideas like this for the brand.

The fact that all old heads don’t like it proves it’s cool. Gus gets it, loving this guy more and more.
even more brilliant with likeness bill being legal July 1

Man, this statement from four star Apopka CB Nikai Martinez getting recruited by Gus and UCF is great but it hurts man...Heupel and staff were the worst, Apopka and Lakeland powerhouses should be staples and they just weren’t. None of FL was, sad.

"I was happy," Martinez said when he learned that UCF had hired Malzahn. "Coach Gus likes a lot of Florida boys, Orlando too. Usually, UCF doesn't recruit a lot of people from my area that I'm in. Coach Gus, he's not scared to take a chance on the Florida boys."

Jason Beede doing good work out there btw.
Wait up. Jeremy and quite a few others defended Heupel's recruiting failures to no end.

Quite a few know nothings tried mocking me for insisting that we should prioritize Orlando, Central Florida and then the State of Florida in that order.

It was perfectly acceptable for those fans that we were going all over the country for mids. I am looking at you K.S. But what has GM done since he took over?

Tennessee saved this program. That is all.

Last edited:

I haven’t seen anyone say they don’t like it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT