ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

It’s a gimmick that anyone can do. If we get recruits because of that others will just do it. Doubt recruits will come here for a spring game Twitter name.
It’s forward thinking and innovative. Other schools may follow suit but they’ll always be number 2 behind the first (UCF) school to do it. I don’t know about you, but I prefer being number 1 over being number 2. Go Knights! Charge On!

It’s forward thinking and innovative. Other schools may follow suit but they’ll always be number 2 behind the first (UCF) school to do it. I don’t know about you, but I prefer being number 1 over being number 2. Go Knights! Charge On!
In theory it’s good but in the end if others can replicate it, you don’t get an advantage. Won’t help recruiting. Who was first school to have an indoor practice facility? Really doesn’t matter now that so many have it. We aren’t getting 4 stars on regular because of IPF or Twitter handles. It’s different for now. That’s it.

In theory it’s good but in the end if others can replicate it, you don’t get an advantage. Won’t help recruiting. Who was first school to have an indoor practice facility? Really doesn’t matter now that so many have it. We aren’t getting 4 stars on regular because of IPF or Twitter handles. It’s different for now. That’s it.
We do have an advantage here though. If this was done at Alabama, Florida, Texas etc. their grumpy old fox news worshipping alumni would be offended and think this is somehow destroying civilization. Our young alumni base wont stand in the way of progress and out of the box marketing ideas

We do have an advantage here though. If this was done at Alabama, Florida, Texas etc. their grumpy old fox news worshipping alumni would be offended and think this is somehow destroying civilization. Our young alumni base wont stand in the way of progress and out of the box marketing ideas
Good point. I did see some people not liking it on the article posted above. I could see being indifferent but not liking it seems weird. But as long as Bama, Clemson, OSU and Oklahoma have current coaches, the recruits will flock there no matter the changes other schools make. In the end playing on biggest stages and being a first round pick trumps most other things for these guys.

Gus had me at "...My Mom is on Facebook..."
I am done, this is the right move.

Good point. I did see some people not liking it on the article posted above. I could see being indifferent but not liking it seems weird. But as long as Bama, Clemson, OSU and Oklahoma have current coaches, the recruits will flock there no matter the changes other schools make. In the end playing on biggest stages and being a first round pick trumps most other things for these guys.
Tons of old heads not liking it, it’s very weird.

Sure, other schools can and probably will do it in the future because it’s a great innovative idea. UCF needs to just keep doing things like this and pushing the boundary, staying relevant with what’s cool and we’ll be known as that school, especially with all the national publicity. Think of Oregon with their unis combos.

Btw, Temple did this a few years ago but it’s Temple, so no one cared. They aren’t the school ppl love or love to hate.

Tons of old heads not liking it, it’s very weird.

Sure, other schools can and probably will do it in the future because it’s a great innovative idea. UCF needs to just keep doing things like this and pushing the boundary, staying relevant with what’s cool and we’ll be known as that school, especially with all the national publicity. Think of Oregon with their unis combos.

Btw, Temple did this a few years ago but it’s Temple, so no one cared. They aren’t the school ppl love or love to hate.
Didn't know Temple did this.

Haven’t seen a single negative thing from recruits, all loving it. Only negatives I’ve seen are from Miami, UF, FSU, SEC or old head hater fans. When all those hate, you know it hits.

Love how they are capitalizing g on it and sending this out to recruits. Take that national buzz and go with it, these guys are smart...

Those stats are crazy for 4 games - but the tackles don’t seem to line up:

That’s a lot of tackles but factual according to WKU’s press release. He made the freshman all American watch list.

Those stats are crazy for 4 games - but the tackles don’t seem to line up:

They phrased it very strangely, but I'm guessing they meant he played in 4 games as a true freshman but still redshirted, and then played last year as an RS freshman.

And I'm also guessing that the stat totals are a combination of last year plus the 4 games from the year before.

They phrased it very strangely, but I'm guessing they meant he played in 4 games as a true freshman but still redshirted, and then played last year as an RS freshman.

And I'm also guessing that the stat totals are a combination of last year plus the 4 games from the year before.
That’s what it was. It’s that many tackles over 1 1/4 seasons, which makes a lot more sense.
Thanks!

Reactions: KnightLife1
He looks like a beast man nice. 4 years of eligibility too if I’m thinking about it right.
On the one hand it’s a 2 star from outside of Florida. On the other hand the coach recruiting him isn’t fat. I don’t know whether to like this addition or not.

He’ll say we need LBs more. Weakest part of our defense.
Obviously and I am correct. We will FOR SURE take a portal LB.

I guess that the resident clowns do not understand what's going on?

The new staff came in and evaluated the team. The conclusion is many areas of the team had subpar talent. So we are bringing many transfers.

The situation also dictates that we will have a very small 2022 high school recruting class.

Obviously and I am correct. We will FOR SURE take a portal LB.

I guess that the resident clowns do not understand what's going on?

The new staff came in and evaluated the team. The conclusion is many areas of the team had subpar talent. So we are bringing many transfers.

The situation also dictates that we will have a very small 2022 high school recruting class.
Agreed. Anybody that has watched the last 2 years, especially last year, should know we need better LBs and I can only hope we get one or three through the portal. Just don’t know how much quality at LB is out there. We lack speed at LB, it’s glaring.

With that said, the staff has been doing great bringing in portal talent.

Also, a 2 star who developed into a man (low 3 star on 247 who I think has a better sliding scale). That’s the hardest part to forecast, how a kid’s body will develop. He’s developed and performed higher than a 2 star, albeit at WKU but still. 4 years of eligibility and he’s already grown into a shit brick house...

Reactions: KnightofCamelot
Agreed. Anybody that has watched the last 2 years, especially last year, should know we need better LBs and I can only hope we get one or three through the portal. Just don’t know how much quality at LB is out there. We lack speed at LB, it’s glaring.

With that said, the staff has been doing great bringing in portal talent.

Also, a 2 star who developed into a man (low 3 star on 247 who I think has a better sliding scale). That’s the hardest part to forecast, how a kid’s body will develop. He’s developed and performed higher than a 2 star, albeit at WKU but still. 4 years of eligibility and he’s already grown into a shit brick house...
Yea haven't seen much in the transfer portal at LB but we know the staff will be on it when it pops up.

ADVERTISEMENT