ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Nowadays, it seems like they hand these offers out like tickets for free ice cream to many but I like that they have set a low bar of handing them out to only 3-star athletes and above these days.

il_794xN.3746938972_ph8c.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like he’s putting education first. Hard to beat those 2 when a player wants those degrees.
While I know nothing about Duke, GT is built on STEM programs and attract top kids who don't have football to distract them so I would think seriously about not doing that when you have one hand tied behind your back. You can get a $200k+ job with a UCF Engineering degree and experience.

While I know nothing about Duke, GT is built on STEM programs and attract top kids who don't have football to distract them so I would think seriously about not doing that when you have one hand tied behind your back. You can get a $200k+ job with a UCF Engineering degree and experience.
I believe Duke and GT are both AAU (prestigious research institutions). Agree an engineering degree from UCF is just as valuable as any engineering degree with the exception of an MIT level school.

Happens all the time. We’ve lost kids to Ivy League, Vanderbilt, Duke , GT etc just because of Academics.

I believe Duke and GT are both AAU (prestigious research institutions). Agree an engineering degree from UCF is just as valuable as any engineering degree with the exception of an MIT level school.
Yes, yes you can. You don’t even need a master’s. It’s not even that rare.

Not sure I understand. Are you saying an engineering degree from MIT will not open more doors than an engineering degree from the majority of other schools?
No, I’m saying that there are a large number of UCF School of Engineering alumni in the Orlando area alone pulling down $200k+ With only a BS from UCF. I’m not talking about 60 year-olds at the tail end of their careers either.

Reactions: Knight Strength

My CS education at UCF was great for what I paid . On the other hand, there were some downright terrible cs/eng/math profs that wouldn’t cut it at more pre$tigous U’s. Too many to be honest.

Reactions: Knight Strength
My CS education at UCF was great for what I paid . On the other hand, there were some downright terrible cs/eng/math profs that wouldn’t cut it at more pre$tigous U’s. Too many to be honest.
I think that you’d be surprised at what the other institutions throw out there in CS. It’s not about how well they teach for a lot of them. UCF holds its own with almost any CS school in the country.

I think i agree with everything being said.

In my opinion the education at UCF is on par with every other institution. I'm a big proponent of going to UCF over more expensive schools where professors have their heads in the clouds. A couple of years ago I met a hiring manager at an aerospace engineering company on a flight. He told me they'd rather hire UCF grads than anyone else because they're just as good, have normal egos, and work well with others than most other schools.

The difference in prestige primarily comes from the sum of research grants these AAU schools receive. Not the education. That said, an engineering degree from MIT is going to open a few more doors.

Reactions: sk8knight
I think i agree with everything being said.

In my opinion the education at UCF is on par with every other institution. I'm a big proponent of going to UCF over more expensive schools where professors have their heads in the clouds. A couple of years ago I met a hiring manager at an aerospace engineering company on a flight. He told me they'd rather hire UCF grads than anyone else because they're just as good, have normal egos, and work well with others than most other schools.

The difference in prestige primarily comes from the sum of research grants these AAU schools receive. Not the education. That said, an engineering degree from MIT is going to open a few more doors.
Most definitely!

When you get home empty pockets onto counter. When you leave it doesn’t matter if you changed clothes just through stuff on counter back into your pockets. Not much to remember here :)

Reactions: beelit47
Got a walk-on QB from Coffeyvill CC named Will Bohn. Went to Celebration. I couldn’t find a Rivals page from 2020 to see if anyone wanted him out of high school. I thought Louisville had a Bohn but not sure.

Reactions: Boston.Knight
Got a walk-on QB from Coffeyvill CC named Will Bohn. Went to Celebration. I couldn’t find a Rivals page from 2020 to see if anyone wanted him out of high school. I thought Louisville had a Bohn but not sure.
We're signing a lot of walk-on QB's for a couple of spots this year. Hopefully one or more of them can contribute and may the best man win.

We're signing a lot of walk-on QB's for a couple of spots this year. Hopefully one or more of them can contribute and may the best man win.
Best case scenario the walk ons don’t play this year. That would mean no one got hurt and the scholarship guys are 1,2,3. Maybe next year they can be in mix to be at least a backup.

Reactions: tjb74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT