ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Frost and Co. are trying to destroy us by blatantly stealing UCF recruits while even more decommitt. Additionally, he steals every coach and some support staff.

This leaves a very bad taste in the mouths of a lot of fans. At this point, bringing up his name just makes me cringe. This has tarnished his legacy IMO

McGriff:

"I kind of knew that Scott Frost was leaving, but I didn't know how many coaches were leaving because at that time, (tight ends coach Sean) Beckton was still there, (offensive coordinator Troy) Walters was still there," he said. "I didn't really know what was going on, but once I found out that all the coaches were leaving and I got the offer, I said, 'Well maybe I should visit Nebraska and see how everything is and see if I still get the same feel.”

I had to see this all to believe it. It becomes a little more real when you see the blatantness of it all and the rubbing of it all in our faces so vividly below:

25182233_380174062403901_6202631947734909845_o.jpg

25182122_380173189070655_4795432105174599577_o.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFhonors
UCF has won 5 Conf Titles since 2007 and has played in 5 Conf Championship games (UCF won 2 titles without championship games) while the cows STILL haven't even played in ONE Conf Championship Game.

We Are Champions. ..something the cows know nothing about.
I think if a coach even wins a division there, they'll get a statue.

Any word from Mayes, Gilyard, or Mcmillian?

How many of our commits do we expect to sign this month rather than waiting?

taking off my black and gold goggles every circumstance around the Program right now makes me think UCF gets blown out on January 1st. It's a messy situation that I hope settles down when the dead period hits on the 20th. These players are browsing twitter watching their coaches celebrate commitments towards another University.

Here's hoping the seniors do a players only meeting--- "This is our last chance..... " Screw the coaches do it for the players. This is Griffin's only chance to win a bowl game.

Otis's Mom is saying what most fans feel

Frost and Co. are trying to destroy us by blatantly stealing UCF recruits while even more decommitt. Additionally, he steals every coach and some support staff.

This leaves a very bad taste in the mouths of a lot of fans. At this point, bringing up his name just makes me cringe. This has tarnished his legacy IMO

McGriff:

"I kind of knew that Scott Frost was leaving, but I didn't know how many coaches were leaving because at that time, (tight ends coach Sean) Beckton was still there, (offensive coordinator Troy) Walters was still there," he said. "I didn't really know what was going on, but once I found out that all the coaches were leaving and I got the offer, I said, 'Well maybe I should visit Nebraska and see how everything is and see if I still get the same feel.”

I had to see this all to believe it. It becomes a little more real when you see the blatantness of it all and the rubbing of it all in our faces so vividly below:

25182233_380174062403901_6202631947734909845_o.jpg

25182122_380173189070655_4795432105174599577_o.jpg
beating a dead horse on this topic but the biggest turncoat move was Coach Beckton. McGriff is basically admitting he(and everyone else) did not expect 100% of the staff to go with him. Coach Beckton was his main recruiter, he stays and McGriff is still a Knight.

Coach Frost could have helped leave UCF in a better spot by refusing to take 100% of the staff.

beating a dead horse on this topic but the biggest turncoat move was Coach Beckton. McGriff is basically admitting he(and everyone else) did not expect 100% of the staff to go with him. Coach Beckton was his main recruiter, he stays and McGriff is still a Knight.

Coach Frost could have helped leave UCF in a better spot by refusing to take 100% of the staff.
As a diehard fan I completely agree with you and feel the same way as Otis’s mom. Frost and Beckton can like a public Twitter post on a flipped UCF recruit, but it would have been in better taste if they could have waited a bit. Why be so blatantly disrespectful?

Sucks, because the kid has some elite size and looks like a baller

Reactions: UCFhonors

Frost doesn't have many relationships with coaches. He HAD to take all of the coaches or else find some Div 2 coaches that he played ball with decades ago. He'll be after 24K soon.

Frost doesn't have many relationships with coaches. He HAD to take all of the coaches or else find some Div 2 coaches that he played ball with decades ago. He'll be after 24K soon.

why isn't Heup interested 24K? It would be good to have someone young like him on the staff to replicate Ryan Held's energy. And current players like Hamilton know and love him

why isn't Heup interested 24K? It would be good to have someone young like him on the staff to replicate Ryan Held's energy. And current players like Hamilton know and love him
Has Heup hired a RB coach yet? 24K would be a huge get and I bet we could give him a decent raise. It might be in the works. I believe FAU still has a Bowl game to play

Has Heup hired a RB coach yet? 24K would be a huge get and I bet we could give him a decent raise. It might be in the works. I believe FAU still has a Bowl game to play
I'd imagine there will be more movement on the position coaches after bowl season similar to when Frost was hired.

Reactions: Mikesi
The guy HAS to get as many kids he knows fit his system as possible. He knows they aren't on campus right now. He also knows going 6-6 wont cut it. 0-12 to 6-6 at a G5 made him a messiah. 4-8 to 6-6 at almighty Big Red isn't going to inspire most of them.

Reactions: Mikesi
The guy HAS to get as many kids he knows fit his system as possible. He knows they aren't on campus right now. He also knows going 6-6 wont cut it. 0-12 to 6-6 at a G5 made him a messiah. 4-8 to 6-6 at almighty Big Red isn't going to inspire most of them.
Watch when they get blown out and want Chinaner fired.

Watch when they get blown out and want Chinaner fired.

They don't really want Chinaner now, let alone after their first loss. There was a recent article out of Lincoln quoting D. Brim, who was an assistant this year apparently, saying Chinaner was a Wiz. The whole article was a calm down the DC isn't really that bad kind of tone.

Can someone get the DC some UCF gear?

If you tell me the Amazon shipment is late, I'll buy that, they've been missing their estimated delivery dates as of late.

Can someone get the DC some UCF gear?

If you tell me the Amazon shipment is late, I'll buy that, they've been missing their estimated delivery dates as of late.

It's underneath that jacket. Randy doesn't have many warm clothes.

ADVERTISEMENT