ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Yeah shouldn’t celebrate best class ever still being in 50s. Coach Alzheimer’s and his merry band of mediocre white boomers just lost another transfer
There is a lot to celebrate here….as recently as 5 years ago, we could only land one 4*…..this year we have 5.

Best class ever on a per player average…..quality counts.

Yeah shouldn’t celebrate best class ever still being in 50s. Coach Alzheimer’s and his merry band of mediocre white boomers just lost another transfer
Josh on Latekick give Coach Gus a B+ on recruiting but does says he needs to improve to compete in XII at a high level. IMO, there is still a lot to celebrate with this class.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Ucf or Maryland will end up with both of the brothers. I have a feeling they will miss each other and decide to join back. You can see they love joking with each other from the commitment video

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
5 four stars in one recruiting cycle is unheard of here, def helps we are B12 bound. All this before all my hair turns gray, amazing.

The naysayers are so GD negative with all this news to be positive about, must be a riot at parties, JFC.
Just remember this is an un-moderated board (wish it wasn't) so we get alot of trolls.

Reactions: muckdawg24
Ucf or Maryland will end up with both of the brothers. I have a feeling they will miss each other and decide to join back. You can see they love joking with each other from the commitment video
I think you are right. They seem to close to be separated for long.

Josh on Latekick give Coach Gus a B+ on recruiting but does says he needs to improve to compete in XII at a high level. IMO, there is still a lot to celebrate with this class.
I think our biggest improvement has to be the OL and DL. If these positions improve, then our team will improve. Going forward, UCF has to get top talent in these positions.

Unbelievable how under recruited Holmes was. I really thought we had a chance, seemed to have the vibe that he wanted to stay close to home. Maybe see him in the portal down the road, but maybe not he’s going to be great.

Reactions: beelit47
Unbelievable how under recruited Holmes was. I really thought we had a chance, seemed to have the vibe that he wanted to stay close to home. Maybe see him in the portal down the road, but maybe not he’s going to be great.
Something seemed off with his recruiting story.

I read something that alluded to us backing off once we signed Nixon. Not sure if we would have gotten him anyways but seemed to be saying we were taking two ends and we signed Nixon and Call.

I read something that alluded to us backing off once we signed Nixon. Not sure if we would have gotten him anyways but seemed to be saying we were taking two ends and we signed Nixon and Call.
Stephen said that. But I guess I’ll wait and see if he shows up to Ole Miss to see if ink is dry and he met all criteria to enroll.

Was watching Gus talking on this show below and he seems to think we are okay
with our current QB room, especially with John Rhys Plumlee.

He speaks of Plumlee throwing the ball down the field. I sure hope this is something
that our new OC is able to get QB to do??? I saw Plumlee play in the spring game
last year and he looked totally different in the fall just trying to run the whole time.

Do we have the right guys ready to step in as we watch the Plumlee show again
in the Big12? I don't think Plumlee's body can take the punishment if he doesn't
throw the ball down the field.

Was watching Gus talking on this show below and he seems to think we are okay
with our current QB room, especially with John Rhys Plumlee.

He speaks of Plumlee throwing the ball down the field. I sure hope this is something
that our new OC is able to get QB to do??? I saw Plumlee play in the spring game
last year and he looked totally different in the fall just trying to run the whole time.

in the Big12? I don't think Plumlee's body can take the punishment if he doesn't
I will be the first one to serve myself a huge helping of crow if JRP is a more effective QB next year than he was this year. He is not a passing QB, his instinct is to run.

Last edited:
Last Spring people were upset they didn’t let him run in the game. They said the offense would be way better if he could have run.

Nobody knows, that is why we should have picked up another option in the portal, just to add to the competition at the very least. Our projected starter is a part-time QB that had injury issues and an inability to throw many of the required types of passes. Who can feel good about that?

Nobody knows, that is why we should have picked up another option in the portal, just to add to the competition at the very least. Our projected starter is a part-time QB that had injury issues and an inability to throw many of the required types of passes. Who can feel good about that?
It's not easy is it?

I don't think JRP knows how to take care of his body in a game, me thinks he won't last the season if he doesn't change his strategy.

I don't think JRP knows how to take care of his body in a game, me thinks he won't last the season if he doesn't change his strategy.
watching that facility tour YouTube w JRP made me think even less of him as a QB. bragging about running in a TD when you had a TE/WR a mile open is the definition of a ‘Me’ guy and of a QB that is not very smart. And personality wise he just comes off fake and entitled . He also mentioned in that video that he doesn’t like doing squats and lower body work pointing to his skinnier legs..and you wonder why he has lower body injuries

Reactions: Yaes and Knight59
We are adding to the competition with two quarterbacks that were not available on our roster last year, Timmy McClain and Dylan Rizk.

ADVERTISEMENT