ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Your right, I had TE on the brain (but Hescock is our man anyway :). We hopefully will get a good pass rush this season with all the DEs we're bringing onboard.
I think Roberson will be the playmaking TE. He had some nice touches in last year's spring game and he's added lots more muscle since then.

I think the best pass rush will again come from the LBs this year, SBB, Davis and Bacote if he's healthy.

The best DE for pass rushing may likely be Zio, who redshirted last season.He definitely has the strength and pass rush skills.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Your right, I had TE on the brain (but Hescock is our man anyway :). We hopefully will get a good pass rush this season with all the DEs we're bringing onboard.
Yes I've made some rude comments about him :) but in this instance I was pointing simply to a transfer player even though many like the 5-star DE often don't pan out very well for us.

We may see some drop off playing with Hescock next year. Akins' will be tough shoes to fill.

He may not be as dynamic as Akins but Akins was either hurt or just invisible in a few games this year. Colubiale played well in spurts too.
He may not be as dynamic as Akins but Akins was either hurt or just invisible in a few games this year. Colubiale played well in spurts too.

Yeah, Akins had that Brashad Perriman superpower to become invisible for long stretches of games.

Reactions: Mikesi
Hescock will be definitely carrying a big stick...looking to thump somebody...

stanley-kubrick-mechaniczna-pomarancza-1971-kadr-010.jpg

#TightSquad
Hescock is 6-7, but it looks like we have good size across the board.....

Gotta love how the #UCFamily deal continues with all the new position coaches!

Seems like we're in good shape at TE. Is that MacCollister on the right? I think he was told he could get a shot at TE. Of course I never know how those things play out.

Reactions: JAFFX2
Seems like we're in good shape at TE. Is that MacCollister on the right? I think he was told he could get a shot at TE. Of course I never know how those things play out.

I agree, we are in good shape at TE. And yes that is MacCollister.....According to his transfer announcement tweet he said he was coming to UCF to play TE. Apparently he is! If necessary Gabe Davis has the size to play TE also if he bulked up some

Last edited:
I agree, we are in good shape at TE. And yes that is MacCollister.....According to his transfer announcement tweet he said he was coming to UCF to play TE. Apparently he is! If necessary Gabe Davis has the size to play TE also if he bulked up some
We need Gabe at WR.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Seems like we're in good shape at TE. Is that MacCollister on the right? I think he was told he could get a shot at TE. Of course I never know how
those things play out.

https://247sports.com/college/centr...-spring-football-preview-tight-ends-116250860

Spring outlook: It’s a whole new look at the position for the Knights, but they’re optimistic with what they have. Roberson and Hescock are a little bit more advanced in terms of being in a D-1 program, but every tight end is starting new with a whole new system. Brett Bell, a junior college transfer, decided against taking a scholarship spot elsewhere and instead decided to be a walk-on under Heupel. The first-year head coach was the offensive coordinator for Oklahoma when Blake Bell, Brett’s cousin, played for the Sooners. Christopher DeLoach is one to keep an eye out for this spring. This is a hand-picked tight end by Heupel and he’s familiar with what the new staff wants to do. He has some work to do and needs to add some more muscle, but this will be a big spring for him to prove to his new teammates what he can do. Jonathon MacCollister, a Notre Dame transfer, has a long way to go before he can get on the field, but the Knights won’t have to worry about that since he has to sit out this season due to transfer rules.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Wide Recievers

https://247sports.com/college/centr...ing-football-preview-wide-receivers-116239663

Spring outlook: The spring will be about players stepping up in the absence of Smith and learning the playbook. UCF will continue to wait on Ole Miss transfer Tre Nixon’s waiver, although that could take some time and it’s still believed to be unlikely that he gets cleared for next season. Multiple sources, however, say Nixon’s speed is legit and he’s going to be a big threat whenever he steps onto the field. Snelson, Williams and Davis will all need to take a step over the spring as their roles will likely expand next season. It’ll be interesting to see where Tristan Payton is mentally, as he’s one of the most talented athletes on the roster, but has dealt with some off-the-field issues throughout his career. It’s his senior season, so UCF is hoping that everything clicks. Also big springs for Bargnare and Greene as they try and solidify their role in the passing game.

Wide Recievers

https://247sports.com/college/centr...ing-football-preview-wide-receivers-116239663

Spring outlook: The spring will be about players stepping up in the absence of Smith and learning the playbook. UCF will continue to wait on Ole Miss transfer Tre Nixon’s waiver, although that could take some time and it’s still believed to be unlikely that he gets cleared for next season. Multiple sources, however, say Nixon’s speed is legit and he’s going to be a big threat whenever he steps onto the field. Snelson, Williams and Davis will all need to take a step over the spring as their roles will likely expand next season. It’ll be interesting to see where Tristan Payton is mentally, as he’s one of the most talented athletes on the roster, but has dealt with some off-the-field issues throughout his career. It’s his senior season, so UCF is hoping that everything clicks. Also big springs for Bargnare and Greene as they try and solidify their role in the passing game.
Lots of talent at WR and RB. It’s amazing really for any school, let alone a P5/AAC school. It’s that Florida just has so much talent and speed at the skill positions. No doubt that Nixon could be as good as any of them

Lots of talent at WR and RB. It’s amazing really for any school, let alone a P5/AAC school. It’s that Florida just has so much talent and speed at the skill positions. No doubt that Nixon could be as good as any of them

Based on what he did at Viera HS, I have no doubt he can be a stud WR......

Rated a 4-star recruit by Rivals.com, Scout.com and ESPN.com ... Ranked No. 86 overall by Scout.com and No. 190 by ESPN.com ... Rated the No. 13 WR in the country by Scout.com and No. 25 by ESPN.com ... Rated the No. 14 recruit in the state of Florida by Scout.com ... 2015 Nike Opening finalist ... Caught 79 passes for 1,243 yards and 18 touchdowns – both school records – in his senior year at Viera High School

Based on what he did at Viera HS, I have no doubt he can be a stud WR......

Rated a 4-star recruit by Rivals.com, Scout.com and ESPN.com ... Ranked No. 86 overall by Scout.com and No. 190 by ESPN.com ... Rated the No. 13 WR in the country by Scout.com and No. 25 by ESPN.com ... Rated the No. 14 recruit in the state of Florida by Scout.com ... 2015 Nike Opening finalist ... Caught 79 passes for 1,243 yards and 18 touchdowns – both school records – in his senior year at Viera High School
Wow. Have we ever had a higher rated recruit at WR? Overall?

#14th rated recruit in the state of Florida, 13th and 25th ranked WR in the country and those receiving numbers are all top notch to say the least. We are very lucky to grab him!

ADVERTISEMENT