ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

The staff sees O'Keefe as the perfect for Heupel's offensive system.

"My mom and I sat in the film room with Coach Wyatt and we watched film of a lot of the stuff they do," O'Keefe said. "They want me to be a slot receiver guy, a return guy and maybe do some plays in the backfield. I really felt like their offense fits me best. It's just like my school, but they maybe throw it a little bit more. It really fits me."

O'Keefe is also a track star having posted a personal best 10.45 in the 100 meters. On the football field, he plays wherever the team needs him.

Reactions: Mikesi
The staff sees O'Keefe as the perfect for Heupel's offensive system.

"My mom and I sat in the film room with Coach Wyatt and we watched film of a lot of the stuff they do," O'Keefe said. "They want me to be a slot receiver guy, a return guy and maybe do some plays in the backfield. I really felt like their offense fits me best. It's just like my school, but they maybe throw it a little bit more. It really fits me."

O'Keefe is also a track star having posted a personal best 10.45 in the 100 meters. On the football field, he plays wherever the team needs him.
Believe the 10.75 is the typo. He ran faster then that the year prior. He lists the 10.45 on his twitter account and is what is listed on the site I posted.
So basically in 2019 it’s possible that Killins is our 3rd fastest player based on documented 100 meter times. That’s scary!

Say what you want about Scott Frost’s vs. Heupel’s recruiting, but if it’s speed and linemen that we can want, Heupel is winning that battle.

Seems like an underrated kid based on his smaller frame. Guaranteed assigning day gets closer P-5 vultures will start trying to pick him off from us.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
I truly believe if we have another season with very few losses and more players getting drafted that recruiting is going to take a big jump in quality and quantity. The coaching change killed us this year. Nothing else.

Apparently he may have a problem starting at Plant also....

The Panthers had a vacancy at quarterback with Jordan McCloud, who transferred from Sickles last season, graduating. McCloud, the younger brother of former Gryphons and Clemson standout Ray-Ray McCloud, led Plant to the Class 8A state semifinals and has already signed with USF.

Now there is a logjam at the position. There are five holdovers at quarterback listed on the Panthers' roster: Jude May, Graham McDermott, Michael Jaksec, Sam Sharf and Gabe Weldon.

This is in regards to Charlie Dean (this thread makes it tough to keep track of individual recruits). Charlie now has to battle another qb that has transferred in. Tucker Gleason from Eastlake. I watched all 5 qb's in the Spring game and have spoken with folks close to the Plant program. Tucker is the man to beat. Everyone else is fighting for a very distant 2nd. There are rumors that Charlie may look for another program to transfer to in order to get playing time. I have absolutely nothing to back that up, but I can absolutely tell you that Tucker is a better QB and athlete. My guess is that Charlie stays at Plant and sticks with UCF or Yale. I don't see him him getting a P5 offer that is better than UCF for football or Yale for life in general.

This is in regards to Charlie Dean (this thread makes it tough to keep track of individual recruits). Charlie now has to battle another qb that has transferred in. Tucker Gleason from Eastlake. I watched all 5 qb's in the Spring game and have spoken with folks close to the Plant program. Tucker is the man to beat. Everyone else is fighting for a very distant 2nd. There are rumors that Charlie may look for another program to transfer to in order to get playing time. I have absolutely nothing to back that up, but I can absolutely tell you that Tucker is a better QB and athlete. My guess is that Charlie stays at Plant and sticks with UCF or Yale. I don't see him him getting a P5 offer that is better than UCF for football or Yale for life in general.
He needs to play his senior year

giphy.gif

Reactions: Knight Strength
ADVERTISEMENT