ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

It sure does seem like we have a boat load of offers extended. What happens when we get more commits than we have spots? very interesting....

teams are limited to 85 scholarship players on the roster at any given time. In practice, because the NCAA doesn't do a head count until the start of preseason practice in July or August, sometimes long after incoming freshmen and other newcomers have already arrived on campus, coaches can cross the line on national signing day as long as they're able to come in under the cap six months later.

Last edited:
It sure does seem like we have a boat load of offers extended. What happens when we get more commits than we have spots? very interesting....

teams are limited to 85 scholarship players on the roster at any given time. In practice, because the NCAA doesn't do a head count until the start of preseason practice in July or August, sometimes long after incoming freshmen and other newcomers have already arrived on campus, coaches can cross the line on national signing day as long as they're able to come in under the cap six months later.
An offer isn't a guaranteed spot on the team.

1. I wish they did but there's no chance they all want to commit to us. Most will commit to other schools.
2. When our need for a position is full, we withdraw offers for others to play that position. This is a big reason players sign on day one of the signing period.

At this time, it looks like we have less than 190 offers extended but by the end of the last signing period we had 380 extended.

Reactions: JAFFX2
An offer isn't a guaranteed spot on the team.

1. I wish they did but there's no chance they all want to commit to us. Most will commit to other schools.
2. When our need for a position is full, we withdraw offers for others to play that position. This is a big reason players sign on day one of the signing period.

At this time, it looks like we have less than 190 offers extended but by the end of the last signing period we had 380 extended.
Agree but the 380 is after multiple guys tell us no or sign with someone else on early signing period. Don’t want people to think we could extend 380 offers right now

Agree but the 380 is after multiple guys tell us no or sign with someone else on early signing period. Don’t want people to think we could extend 380 offers right now
Yea, it's normal for us to get that high though. At this point, Oklahoma has 157 offers extended and they already have 11 commitments. They've probably already filled 50% of their available slots and a lot more players will want to commit there soon. So Oklahoma probably won't end up extending 400 offers like us.

We're in a situation where a lot of players pass on our offers so we keep extending more and more.

Perennial top 10 teams have the advantage that they only have to offer the very best recruits and they'll fill their roster. Not to say they don't do a lot of homework and recruit smartly but they have a little easier time than us.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
As you see some of the offer sheets of some of these recruits you realize why we need to get so many out there.

I'm looking for two things in this class: large pct. of class from Florida and balance between offensive and defensive recruits (that includes multiple RBs and QBs).

Reactions: JAFFX2

Been following this guy who was "warm" on UCF at one point. Guess he might not be any more but what I'm really confused about is how USF has a stadium in this picture.
and stock up on DL and OL because injuries can and will happen.
OL and DL are what I'm looking for too. I think we got some great guys in the 2018 class and I'd love to add another layer of depth there.

Article today by Brandon on OL from Jacksonville specifies that we got two OL commitments from recruits that camped at Clemson. Very nice :)

Seems like were doing a decent job recruiting the OL, which I'm content with. Its probably second most important position area behind QB imo.
We need another QB. I can’t believe that no one wants to back up MM for a year and than throw for 4000 yards every season.

Reactions: HammerB08
ADVERTISEMENT