ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

All I saw was Minnesota and Syracuse in the thread, hence my response :p

However, while Miami is rising, both they and A&M haven't done much of anything in the past decade minus the Manziel years.
Manzeil wasn’t that long ago and both recruiting has been decent the last 2 years.

Well I was referring to output. Miami has never won the ACC since joining and Texas A&M hasn't won the SEC either.

They've both produced good football teams.

We never set a measurement of what the "success" or "good" was though.

Bringing him and Dean in would at least give us something to work with. Hope he has some interest. We can beef him up.

A week from tomorrow Hillsborough (Dean's current school) plays at Plant (the school he initially transferred to from Tampa Catholic). It will be a big game for him very early in the season. Any word on whether Dean is still solid on UCF after he got the Yale offer? I have to think he favors football over classes since he transferred from Plant immediately after finding out he was not starting. That bodes well for UCF.

Reactions: Knight Strength
A week from tomorrow Hillsborough (Dean's current school) plays at Plant (the school he initially transferred to from Tampa Catholic). It will be a big game for him very early in the season. Any word on whether Dean is still solid on UCF after he got the Yale offer? I have to think he favors football over classes since he transferred from Plant immediately after finding out he was not starting. That bodes well for UCF.
This Friday correct?

Charlie Dean played very well tonight against Tampa Plant. If he had gotten a little help from his receivers they might have had a shot at winning. He put the ball on the money almost every time, but they had tons of drops. But he is not a runner by any means.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikesi
Another QB right down the road from us. He has an offer from UCF and this could be an intriguing recruit as I like his height and ability to move around in the pocket. Check out his video off this link. Wonder if anybody goes to Oveido games?

he had an offer from Frost's staff in 2016. he recently committed to Buffalo. we should be gambling on a local player like him because he might turn out to be something (Bortles, Paxton Lynch).

he had an offer from Frost's staff in 2016. he recently committed to Buffalo. we should be gambling on a local player like him because he might turn out to be something (Bortles, Paxton Lynch).
I think he eventually flips to us unless Bama comes on strong. We need another QB and he is our last best option outside of transfers.
Recruiting is terrible right now
:fire:hot garbage.

What's left to get at this point? QB, RB, TE and another DL?
not factoring any potential NFL early entries and counting Brett Bell as a scholarship player, by my count we have 6 available scholarships for 2019. we'll have 5 scholarship TEs coming back next year and only one will be a senior (Deloach) so that's not an area of need.

1 QB
1 RB
2 DTs
2 DBs

Reactions: SullyUCF10
I'm not sure why Mitchell isn't rated, watching his video he seems to have just about everything you look for in a pro-style QB. He's local, gotta pick him up! I'm also not sure where Dean is at this season but all things being equal I think I'd rather have Mitchell than Dean.

Ray Cutts is going to be a BEAST!!! His speed for a dude his size is remarkable. He may even get bigger, perhaps he can even be a 3-tech DT. Either way, he's going to be playing a lot his freshman year.

If we need a RB why aren't we trying to flip Kelly Joiner Jr who's a USF recruit from South Lake high school? Kids a TD machine and one of the best prospects to come out of Lake county in a long time.

If we need a RB why aren't we trying to flip Kelly Joiner Jr who's a USF recruit from South Lake high school? Kids a TD machine and one of the best prospects to come out of Lake county in a long time.
Been watching a RB named Isahay Hatter from Mt Dora HS. Class of 2020. Seems to be related to our former player Jordan Ozerities. Hope the coaches take a look at him.

How many stars is that?

hqdefault.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT