ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Why don't JC recruits have rankings? This will change our recruiting ranking position when they come in. Also, expect a couple more biggins...

Rumor has it that UCF has a non publicized commitment from Duke grad transfer DB Jordan Hayes who visited over the weekend

That's not really Heupel's ideal QB, but if he's truly a great coach, that evolves with time and the players he gets.
I hope he adjusts to this style of QB...it's been pretty successful at UCF. The Milton style QB can neutralize matchups where we don't overwhelmingly dominate the line of scrimmage. Go rewatch the Pitt game, a Statue QB in that game has some issues.

Reactions: Yaes
I hope he adjusts to this style of QB...it's been pretty successful at UCF. The Milton style QB can neutralize matchups where we don't overwhelmingly dominate the line of scrimmage. Go rewatch the Pitt game, a Statue QB in that game has some issues.

The thing that makes DJ such a good match for CJH is the big arm and size to throw down field and step up in the pocket......but with mobility to neutralize those matchups.........

The thing that makes DJ such a good match for CJH is the big arm and size to throw down field and step up in the pocket......but with mobility to neutralize those matchups.........
the reason I want Gabrielle so much is that you gotta take that shot when you have a QB putting up KZ numbers in the exact same system. One thing I like about these Hawaii QBs is the number of reps they put up throwing the ball, that repetition obviously paid off for KZ. You'll see some of these mobile QBs in Florida HS Football barely throw the ball

Last edited:
the reason I want Gabrielle so much is that you gotta take that shot when you have a QB putting up KZ numbers in the exact same system. One thing I like about these Hawaii QBs is the number of reps they put up throwing the ball, that repetition obviously paid off for KZ. You'll see some of these mobile QBs in Florida HS Football barely throw the ball
You can’t mimic throwing the ball.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
similar to a Starting Pitcher or Short Stop , some of Milton’s passing lanes & side arm throws got compared to a short stop or point guard in basketball. It's also really fun to watch.

Last edited:
Agree completely!

Excellent points!!

Anybody know or heard anything about player Nyronn Barr-Thomas, Evans High School? Word on the street is that he is very good and so far under-recruited.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spo...1023-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Never heard of him but just looked him up, if you go look up his highlights the dude FLYS to the qb and ran a 4.38 then a 4.4 right after at a Mercer camp, had 14 sacks in 7 games as of this article in October. 6’3 210LB kid that’s only played football for 2 years, could be a great player to develop with a lot of the physical athletic tools

Reactions: Asphalt.Jungle
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spo...1023-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Never heard of him but just looked him up, if you go look up his highlights the dude FLYS to the qb and ran a 4.38 then a 4.4 right after at a Mercer camp, had 14 sacks in 7 games as of this article in October. 6’3 210LB kid that’s only played football for 2 years, could be a great player to develop with a lot of the physical athletic tools
I had looked him up as well and thought he looked like a player with great potential especially after only playing for two years. We could use someone like him to get after quarterbacks like Griffin did. Will never forget Griffin in Peach Bowl. He lived in their backfield.

Reactions: SullyUCF10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT