ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spo...1023-story,amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Never heard of him but just looked him up, if you go look up his highlights the dude FLYS to the qb and ran a 4.38 then a 4.4 right after at a Mercer camp, had 14 sacks in 7 games as of this article in October. 6’3 210LB kid that’s only played football for 2 years, could be a great player to develop with a lot of the physical athletic tools
my kinda prospect: elite size for the position, fast and raw. that's the kind of player Khalil Mack was coming out of high school and why he ended up at buffalo.

oh and he's local. don't let him end up a woulda coulda shoulda story.

Reactions: Yaes
Have to think the early signing period would help a team on a 25 game winning streak. Strike while the iron is hot. Coffee is for closers!! One week to go.

Reactions: Jcollinsucf
I personally think that the 25-0 cuts both ways in recruiting. My guess is that every other program is telling recruits that if they go to UCF the best they could ever expect is a NY6 bowl. Even if UCF is uber successful they will never sniff the playoffs which in many ways affirms the second class citizenship. Only recruits who are willing to overlook the fact that there is no opportunity to play in the CFI are willing to sign up. So I don't think there will be a significant bump in "stars" or recruiting ranking. Our recruits will still be ranked lower.

I personally think that the 25-0 cuts both ways in recruiting. My guess is that every other program is telling recruits that if they go to UCF the best they could ever expect is a NY6 bowl. Even if UCF is uber successful they will never sniff the playoffs which in many ways affirms the second class citizenship. Only recruits who are willing to overlook the fact that there is no opportunity to play in the CFI are willing to sign up. So I don't think there will be a significant bump in "stars" or recruiting ranking. Our recruits will still be ranked lower.
Realistically probably 75%-80% of P5 schools are playing for a NY6 bowl as well. It’s the same teams in the CFP year after year it seems.

Realistically probably 75%-80% of P5 schools are playing for a NY6 bowl as well. It’s the same teams in the CFP year after year it seems.

Yes but to date none of those teams has gone undefeated and challenged the process. Until they do they can claim to have access. At this point UCF can't with a straight face claim access.

Yes but to date none of those teams has gone undefeated and challenged the process. Until they do they can claim to have access. At this point UCF can't with a straight face claim access.
I mean I guess technically. But do you think a coach at an Illinois or Wake Forest can look a recruit in the eye and say they are playing for a CFP championship? UCFs program is at least knocking on the door pretty hard at this point even if the powers that be have it locked.

He hasn’t. Lots of good WR on this team. Hope he can get to a place where he can get some playing time.
Great kid. Mayfield was loyal, always respectful, never complained and was/is actually a really good receiver, hence his HS offer list. He fell victim to the numbers game and depth we have at the position it seems.

He was the very last GOL recruit at UCF. The only GOL recruit who didn't bolt in the transition from GOL to Frost in 2015-16. I kept waiting and wishing to see him on the field. Wishing Dontay all the best.

We don’t need to wait another six years’: College football leaders ready to discuss eight-team Playoff

GettyImages-1069243266-1024x683.jpg

By Nicole Auerbach 1h ago
comment-icon@2x.png
The first four years of the College Football Playoff were considered a success. The four-team format has been more universally accepted than the old BCS system, and it has kept fans engaged throughout the country. But ahead of Year 5’s national semifinals featuring Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame and Oklahoma, there is a sense of growing discontent with certain aspects of the CFP system, including the selection committee’s deference to the SEC and what some consider unfair treatment of UCF.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Great kid. Mayfield was loyal, always respectful, never complained and was/is actually a really good receiver, hence his HS offer list. He fell victim to the numbers game and depth we have at the position it seems.

He was the very last GOL recruit at UCF. The only GOL recruit who didn't bolt in the transition from GOL to Frost in 2015-16. I kept waiting and wishing to see him on the field. Wishing Dontay all the best.
I also remember him being a recruiter for Frost's first recruiting class, trying to convince other recruits to stay commited or trying to sway other targets. Really hope he has success somewhere bc he was pro UCF from start to finish.

if Travis stays at Louisville the 'keep quiet' strategy is useless

Gabrielle is really putting Heup in a tough spot by not announcing where he is going till singing day

95% of the "P5" has no opportunity to play for the CFI. Bama & Clemson aren't our competition, Purdue and Kentucky are.

ADVERTISEMENT