ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Any news on if we've lost any commits?
Yes, we lost Avery Thornton (CB who was very raw, probably had upside but film was nothing special), lost TE Nigel Kilby (was 6'7", thats the only good thing about him though, extremely slow, probably wouldve been okay at best).

Most likely going to lose Katerian Legrone (WR/TE, only 6'3, small for TE, not very fast but played WR some in HS, didnt really see him playing much)

Word from the rest of recruits is they like the coach and are very happy with him.

Only people i see leaving beyond this are Madourie (Juco DE) and maybe 1 or 2 of the lower rated ones. All of our top recruits seem locked in and happy with the coaches, especially shannon.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Justin Mcgriff just visited Nebraska, Bass CBed him there but he still is going to go on an OV to UCF next weekend(15th)

DW best move was hiring a P5 guy...which is did. Recruits want to know that the HC has P5 background....it adds power to the program. And UCF is virtually a P5 program as it is now.

So... what’s the summary? How are we doing overall? Have we lost a lot of recruits?

It’s nice to see that Heupel is pounding the pavement and personally handing out offers. That’s impressive, but he was really dealt a crappy hand with assistants. I really feel bad for the guy and Knight nation needs to rally behind him

He’s OUR savior right now!

So... what’s the summary? How are we doing overall? Have we lost a lot of recruits?

It’s nice to see that Heupel is pounding the pavement and personally handing out offers. That’s impressive, but he was really dealt a crappy hand with assistants. I really feel bad for the guy and Knight nation needs to rally behind him

I'm assuming his coaches will start coming after Bowl games.

Reactions: Mikesi

it's hard to gauge when we don't have a full staff yet. no more announcements is a bit concerning, right now UCF only has a staff of 3 coaches

Reactions: Mikesi
ADVERTISEMENT