ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Knight Strength!! (KnightsOfCamelot/Titan_Cane) once accused me of being you.
I still think that could be dangerous in a lot of circumstances. In the past couple of years we have had a couple of posters admit to having substance/personal issues that I dont think would be right for one of us to share on their other more public social media accounts.

Here are some of them. He said either Danny White or myself were KS. It’s undeniable lol

Lmao I had no idea Titan Cane mentioned me. I don't think I've ever had an interaction with him. Kind of makes me feel important. Please tell him I said hi.

I still think that could be dangerous in a lot of circumstances. In the past couple of years we have had a couple of posters admit to having substance/personal issues that I dont think would be right for one of us to share on their other more public social media accounts.

Lmao I had no idea Titan Cane mentioned me. I don't think I've ever had an interaction with him. Kind of makes me feel important. Please tell him I said hi.
I agree with this. KOC only continues to post because people engage with him. If you stop engaging he will stop posting.

You never know what someone is going through and bullying someone back isn’t the right answer if ignoring them has the same effect.

that’s why I blocked him, it’s as easy as that. I ask you all to do the mature thing and just block him and not lower your integrity

;)
I kind of feel bad for the dude. I mean I think he's a troll, but if he's sincere then he's got issues. It isn't the message, it's the messenger. A ton of people have said he has a point, he just refuses to acknowledge anyone else's arguments even when presented with facts.

I personally believe the discussions on the board will be more productive with him gone, but the amount of posts will drop. That's just because you won't have him posting 8 times in a row saying the same thing 8 different ways and then everyone arguing with him.
They always come back, its like being a heroin attic ;)

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I agree with this. KOC only continues to post because people engage with him. If you stop engaging he will stop posting.

You never know what someone is going through and bullying someone back isn’t the right answer if ignoring them has the same effect.

that’s why I blocked him, it’s as easy as that. I ask you all to do the mature thing and just block him and not lower your integrity

Some of you newer guys haven't been around long enough to have witnessed @Ucfmikes in action with the onslaught from the NGEbraska douchebags.......#TrollSlayerExtraordinaire

[roll][winking]

Reactions: ahabmw and Ucfmikes
I wonder if the current environment and players now speaking out more on social issues is going to start hurting Ole Miss and Clemson recruiting. Clemson has been on top of the college football world but they have been taking some major heat and recruits are starting to comment on it.

I wonder if the current environment and players now speaking out more on social issues is going to start hurting Ole Miss and Clemson recruiting. Clemson has been on top of the college football world but they have been taking some major heat and recruits are starting to comment on it.
doubt it, we are all bored and sports aren't on. once they're back and primetime Clemson games are the #1 trend on Twitter and three kids get drafted first round no recruit will even remember most of what's going on right now.

doubt it, we are all bored and sports aren't on. once they're back and primetime Clemson games are the #1 trend on Twitter and three kids get drafted first round no recruit will even remember most of what's going on right now.
So you are basically saying money and fame trump principles. If true, kinda makes some protests hypocritical doesn't it?

disagree. the level of the recent events are much larger than a normal bored offseason. This hasn't been seen on this scale since the 60s. Short term no harm will be done to Clemson but it could open up a factor that puts other Programs in play to shift the elite recruiting landscape. Ohio State is already negative recruiting using this and already has the Justin Fields example of leaving Georgia.

Reactions: Yaes
So you are basically saying money and fame trump principles. If true, kinda makes some protests hypocritical doesn't it?
cant say what it is or isn't. I just know the American people. crazy things happen year after year that we all kinda just forget once we are distracted. Within all groups not just this particular movement.
For example mass shootings, they don't even make the news anymore for more than a day

Reactions: Knight Strength
disagree. the level of the recent events are much larger than a normal bored offseason. This hasn't been seen on this scale since the 60s. Short term no harm will be done to Clemson but it could open up a factor that puts other Programs in play to shift the elite recruiting landscape. Ohio State is already negative recruiting using this and already has the Justin Fields example of leaving Georgia.
I agree, believe me I think its time all entities within America address the issue effectively once and for all so we don't have to go through this again in 20 years. That being said Penn State has had top 15 classes, top 3 in the Big 10 for the past six years straight even though they had one of the worst pedophilia scandals in recent memory. They were in the cotton bowl and the recruits keep coming. As long as Clemson's PR team doesn't shy away from it, apologizes and moves forward in a way that shows support I think it will be put behind us as new bigger stories come about.

I agree, believe me I think its time all entities within America address the issue effectively once and for all so we don't have to go through this again in 20 years. That being said Penn State has had top 15 classes, top 3 in the Big 10 for the past six years straight even though they had one of the worst pedophilia scandals in recent memory. They were in the cotton bowl and the recruits keep coming. As long as Clemson's PR team doesn't shy away from it, apologizes and moves forward in a way that shows support I think it will be put behind us as new bigger stories come about.

Clemson stated they were going to remove the pro-slavery name from their honors college. I don’t think this will effect them at all. I think a lot of black players already went to places like Clemson, UGA, and Tuscaloosa knowing the racial undertones they might experience from some within the fan bases. But they weighed that against, these places best represent my chances to win and get to the “league.” It may change a little for some players, but I don’t see this being a big deal for most.

Reactions: Endeavor.
Damarius Goode, Anthony Williams are good RBs with size to go with other smaller backs we have on roster. 2021 RB depth will be good after this season :)

I mean that's great and everything, but I don't think he is going to get an offer. Best of luck to the kid.

I am not either agreeing or disagreeing but what are you basing no offer on? Tough to say that based upon his highlight tape.......

Reactions: Yaes
I am not either agreeing or disagreeing but what are you basing no offer on? Tough to say that based upon his highlight tape.......

All of his offers are D3 based on his Twitter. That's a far ways off of the level of football we play. His size is that of a safety but he doesn't look fast enough for our level of competition. I don't want to bash the kid for chasing his dreams and hustling offers.

All of his offers are D3 based on his Twitter. That's a far ways off of the level of football we play. His size is that of a safety but he doesn't look fast enough for our level of competition. I don't want to bash the kid for chasing his dreams and hustling offers.
From the looks of him he's the same size as TMB but he is more muscular. Also looks like he keeps playing until the tackle is made haha.

From the looks of him he's the same size as TMB but he is more muscular. Also looks like he keeps playing until the tackle is made haha.

He's 5'10" 180 pounds and TMB is listed as 6'2" 235 pounds. I mean he isn't even getting D2 offers or FCS offers, and max preps said he only had 24 tackles last year in 10 games. His name doesn't appear on any all area or conference teams on a quick Google search either. Maybe he will improve a lot this year, but right now he isn't someone I would offer. Like I said best of luck to him and I hope he chases and reaches his dreams.

Reactions: Ucfmikes and ahabmw
He's 5'10" 180 pounds and TMB is listed as 6'2" 235 pounds. I mean he isn't even getting D2 offers or FCS offers, and max preps said he only had 24 tackles last year in 10 games. His name doesn't appear on any all area or conference teams on a quick Google search either. Maybe he will improve a lot this year, but right now he isn't someone I would offer. Like I said best of luck to him and I hope he chases and reaches his dreams.
This is what I'm looking at. Is this not him?https://247sports.com/player/jamarian-peterson-46086585/

Reactions: Beach Knight
Just to be clear I wasn’t saying we should go after kid. Just showing a tweet he really wanted to come here. Sometimes heart is just as important as measurables. It’s a recruiting thread and he’s a student athlete. I’d offer a kid like him a walkon position if he was interested and see if he could earn a scholarship. Even if he’s only 5-10 180. He may grow another inch or 2 and could put on 25-30 LBs of muscle in a year or 2 of redshirts.

Just to be clear I wasn’t saying we should go after kid. Just showing a tweet he really wanted to come here. Sometimes heart is just as important as measurables. It’s a recruiting thread and he’s a student athlete. I’d offer a kid like him a walkon position if he was interested and see if he could earn a scholarship. Even if he’s only 5-10 180. He may grow another inch or 2 and could put on 25-30 LBs of muscle in a year or 2 of redshirts.

Oh for sure there is no issue with him being a walkon. Generally the majority of the walkons on the roster are from Florida. That could be a way that the staff builds relationships with local high schools, taking kids similar to the Mississippi kid as walkons.

BTW he sent that same tweet to Coastal Carolina. The kid is hustling for offers/attention as he should be if he wants to achieve his goals.

If you look at any of Huepel's posts, there's always several high school players posting their clips, this is just one of many

Oh for sure there is no issue with him being a walkon. Generally the majority of the walkons on the roster are from Florida. That could be a way that the staff builds relationships with local high schools, taking kids similar to the Mississippi kid as walkons.

BTW he sent that same tweet to Coastal Carolina. The kid is hustling for offers/attention as he should be if he wants to achieve his goals.
Yes I meant in heart that he would work hard no matter where he went. I’m pretty sure he would gladly go to any G5 school. I wasn’t saying he only wanted an offer from us. Just posting it. Wasn’t on any official UCF coaches page. I think was Brandon’s but I can’t remember. I realize kids network to garner interest. Wonder how much that actually works?

Not sure what’s up with him but his rating has been dropping like a rock. At one point he was a .93. Wonder if he got processed.

https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/CamRon-Jackson-at-Haynesville-219580/RecruitRankHistory/

interesting. He was class of 2020 but maybe didn’t graduate? if this is the same guy.

https://theathletic.com/1810532/202...lsu-2020-final-roster-spot-recruiting-grades/

Not sure what’s up with him but his rating has been dropping like a rock. At one point he was a .93. Wonder if he got processed.

https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/CamRon-Jackson-at-Haynesville-219580/RecruitRankHistory/

interesting. He was class of 2020 but maybe didn’t graduate? if this is the same guy.

https://theathletic.com/1810532/202...lsu-2020-final-roster-spot-recruiting-grades/

I believe it was a grades issue, so not sure why it is called a flip. Anyways, another great get for Memphis.

I believe it was a grades issue, so not sure why it is called a flip. Anyways, another great get for Memphis.
It’s probably test scores as opposed to grades. Maybe he’s having a hard time getting the minimum and LSU doesn’t want to waste time hoping he brings scores up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT