ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Damn. "As the world turns..." right? Hope everybody ends up somewhere they'll be happy. Coaches have to make really hard decisions. But they know more than us regarding the roster, etc. Both WRs are from FL, talented, and seem like good guys.

Davis Mallinger posted this and has been liking a bunch of Illinois stuff. Hope he stays committed to us.

I think this is more for announcing his transfer to a different high school with the jersey edit, and showing the offers he got. He was liking some Illinois replies but he was also liking WVU, Grambling, and UCF replies.

He was a very early commit and had some big offers come in after; I'm sure schools are still trying to get him. I think we hold on to him though, especially since he's from FL and covid is still ongoing.

I think this is more for announcing his transfer to a different high school with the jersey edit, and showing the offers he got. He was liking some Illinois replies but he was also liking WVU, Grambling, and UCF replies.

He was a very early commit and had some big offers come in after; I'm sure schools are still trying to get him. I think we hold on to him though, especially since he's from FL and covid is still ongoing.

You’re right when I looked this morning it was only Illinois but as I look now there have been a bunch of UCF since then. I’m probably just looking too far into it.

Reactions: john_gkco
TJ Lewis to Louisville seems like a lock at this point, just looking at his twitter. But I wonder why he hasn't committed yet and there hasn't been any CBs. He's one of two QB offers left for Louisville, the other they're Cool for. We might still be in consideration more than it seems.

I saw this and who knows how likely it is we get him but he is absolutely jacked in his profile pic.
So are you saying he is very muscular and strong or artificially stimulated? Just kidding.

Some in the comments are speculating this might be a sign that Divaad Wilson is transferring here.

It’s certainly convenient timing given the news about Marks, Wilson and the Nebraska recent de-commit (heard he started following UCF stuff recently). Wilson would probably be the biggest get, from the speculation I’ve read around he is probably leaning UF with us second. Even if none of these come here, I definitely like that we are getting interest from 4 star transfers. Storm Johnson and Mike Hughes were great gets in the past.

With TJ Lewis, I assume he is leaning Louisville too. I think if Shedeur would have went there then we would have landed TJ.

Reactions: Knightro20
It’s certainly convenient timing given the news about Marks, Wilson and the Nebraska recent de-commit (heard he started following UCF stuff recently). Wilson would probably be the biggest get, from the speculation I’ve read around he is probably leaning UF with us second. Even if none of these come here, I definitely like that we are getting interest from 4 star transfers. Storm Johnson and Mike Hughes were great gets in the past.

With TJ Lewis, I assume he is leaning Louisville too. I think if Shedeur would have went there then we would have landed TJ.

where are you seeing we’re second? I’ve thought we were more leading the way?

Marks committed to Ole Miss but he deleted the twitter post; that might be related to him putting "let's get paid" as the caption though lol.

I just read this article from Gators Rivals writers. They seem to think Florida will only want him if he can get a waiver, and two of them don't even think Florida should pursue him. One thinks he ends up transferring here.

Marks committed to Ole Miss but he deleted the twitter post; that might be related to him putting "let's get paid" as the caption though lol.

I just read this article from Gators Rivals writers. They seem to think Florida will only want him if he can get a waiver, and two of them don't even think Florida should pursue him. One thinks he ends up transferring here.

Haven’t seen that article, thanks for posting!
Admittedly the uf lean was purely based on uf forum posters.

Reactions: john_gkco
Haven’t seen that article, thanks for posting!
Admittedly the uf lean was purely based on uf forum posters.

I think he probably wants to go there, having previously been committed and according to that article being a Gator fan since childhood, but I'd guess it's their decision more than his and he ends up coming to us if they decide not to take him.

Who knows though, because his commitment to Florida was entirely dependent on Randy Shannon being there.

I think he probably wants to go there, having previously been committed and according to that article being a Gator fan since childhood, but I'd guess it's their decision more than his and he ends up coming to us if they decide not to take him.

Who knows though, because his commitment to Florida was entirely dependent on Randy Shannon being there.
Seems to look like a girlfriend or close female friend of his goes to uf. He took a visit recently and posted a pic with her and tweeted at her.

Beede just flipped cb on Ragland to Tulane. Looks like we are losing him. Wonder if we will still pull in Cameron bell.

Ragland and Bell have been a bit confusing for me. They seem to be a package deal, but neither are ranked (and honestly I don’t know what I’m looking at most of the time watching highlights) so I mostly look at offer list and theirs are pretty lackluster.

Ozzie Hoffler (same position as Bell, WDE) seems pretty high on us, so I’ve wondered why Bell is a high priority target, unless we’re taking multiple WDEs.

My speculation here is we might want someone else over Bell which means losing Ragland. Or Ragland is just flipping and I’m over analyzing it.

Ragland and Bell have been a bit confusing for me. They seem to be a package deal, but neither are ranked (and honestly I don’t know what I’m looking at most of the time watching highlights) so I mostly look at offer list and theirs are pretty lackluster.

Ozzie Hoffler (same position as Bell, WDE) seems pretty high on us, so I’ve wondered why Bell is a high priority target, unless we’re taking multiple WDEs.

My speculation here is we might want someone else over Bell which means losing Ragland. Or Ragland is just flipping and I’m over analyzing it.

I agree with all of your observations. Another thing I noticed is the twitter graphics sent to lower ranked recruits. Either the players are very proud and always post them because we are currently their best offer ( and/or to perhaps lure other bigger programs as well) or we are only sending it to them to keep them as a just in case/ maintain interest. Especially this cycle I have noticed that a lower ranked recruit talks all about us and then all the sudden flips to a smaller program or de-commits from us when we get another player that’s higher ranked in their position. As cold as this sounds, it’s part of the recruiting process.

Also I don’t want to seem like a jerk, anyone who plays D1 ball is a legit athlete and a lot of these ranking numbers are arbitrary numbers. I will always root for anyone playing for us.

Those were initially my thoughts as well but bell doesn’t have a Tulane offer. I’m sure it was originally supposed to be a package deal which is why they had the same commitment date but once Ragland switched his date I figured something was up. I hope for our sake that he was processed cuz we’re looking at some other kids but I liked Ragland personally.

Those were initially my thoughts as well but bell doesn’t have a Tulane offer. I’m sure it was originally supposed to be a package deal which is why they had the same commitment date but once Ragland switched his date I figured something was up. I hope for our sake that he was processed cuz we’re looking at some other kids but I liked Ragland personally.

Good point about Bell not having a Tulane offer as well. Also I didn’t notice only Ragland moved his announcement date.

That does sound to me like Bell is coming here and we’re wanting someone else for OL.

Beede posted an update on why he switched the CB to Tulane; unfortunately it’s a vip article and I don’t have a membership.

Pretty interesting read here about how Florida's highest rated recruits (4 & 5 stars) are increasingly leaving FL for out of state programs over time. They do mention how UF, FSU, and Miami have been a bit unstable over the last 5+ years or so, and that might contribute to kids choosing an out of state school. But I wonder if this trend of leaving also applies to the 3 stars.

I took a look at the offers to Florida players we have for this class. 86 of them are committed, and of those 53 are leaving the state.

Pretty interesting read here about how Florida's highest rated recruits (4 & 5 stars) are increasingly leaving FL for out of state programs over time. They do mention how UF, FSU, and Miami have been a bit unstable over the last 5+ years or so, and that might contribute to kids choosing an out of state school. But I wonder if this trend of leaving also applies to the 3 stars.

I took a look at the offers to Florida players we have for this class. 86 of them are committed, and of those 53 are leaving the state.
Maybe it has to do with Florida coaches are increasingly (?) from out of state and thus they recruit more from out of state which causes FL players to leave.

Maybe it has to do with Florida coaches are increasingly (?) from out of state and thus they recruit more from out of state which causes FL players to leave.

Potentially. I don't have any knowledge about where the coaches for FL schools are from at the moment.

I think there's definitely something with Florida being so recruited that FL schools are looking out of state more. 55% of the top 2020 players left the state. And you can even look at our recruiting this year: only 3/13 current commits are from FL, 60% of our offers are out of state.

I think growing our recruiting presence across the country is going to be a necessity and we're in the starting phase of that.

Two medium confidence CBs put in for Kaedin Robinson to Virginia Tech; one from Beede. Pretty odd, because his final 3 was ECU, App State, and us. App State has been moved down to warm and VT up to warmer.

He tweeted 30 minutes ago that VT just offered him.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Two medium confidence CBs put in for Kaedin Robinson to Virginia Tech; one from Beede. Pretty odd, because his final 3 was ECU, App State, and us. App State has been moved down to warm and VT up to warmer.

He tweeted 30 minutes ago that VT just offered him.
I think geography is important to him. He had App St. and ECU with UCF in his top 3. Clearly UCF is the best of the 3, but App St. and ECU are right down the road from his home city. VT is a 3.5 hour drive from home (Asheville, NC) for him.

VT is a 3.5 hour drive from home (Asheville, NC) for him.

Even when it was ECU and App St as the other options, they seemed to be ahead of us because he wanted to stay close to home.

I wonder if we push harder for Oronde Gadsden now. Haven't really seen any updates about him in a bit; he's not very active on twitter either.

I assume we're still wanting four WRs in this class. Mallinger isn't a certainty anymore it seems and who knows what's going on with Marks (I know he committed to Ole Miss but he deleted everything).

Beede changed his Robinson CB to UCF. My guess is the medium confidence CBs for VT yesterday were due to his twitter reaction, but I think in about 30 minutes we'll be adding another WR to the class.

Edit: Looks like the timer on 247 was wrong. Guess it'll just be at any time today.

Last edited:
Beede changed his Robinson CB to UCF. My guess is the medium confidence CBs for VT yesterday were due to his twitter reaction, but I think in about 30 minutes we'll be adding another WR to the class.

Edit: Looks like the timer on 247 was wrong. Guess it'll just be at any time today.
The VT and ECU writers also put in CBs for him to UCF.

LAqeD1.png

ADVERTISEMENT