ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

Player #4 Cole Joyce. We need LBs to contribute right away since our LB recruitment and development under Randy has been atrocious. We needed imo 2-3 solid LB prospects in this class but only managed to get one.

Cole Joyce has been a regular in football camps since 9th grade. Many P5 programs were tracking him including the school he always wanted, Arkansas.

The downside in many eyes are his height and frame. He is listed at 6 ft but 5'10" is closer to the truth. That's the only reason he did not get a P5 offer from the home school. Cole just stopped growing after 9th grade.

He played MLB in high school but there's no way he can do that in college, not as a full time player game after game. His frame just doesn't low for him to put on more much more size.

Now to the goods. He is very fast, a cannon. He makes up a lot of ground and does it very quicly. Cole is perfect for that hybrid outside LB/safety role. He can easily cover backs out of the backfield, spy and contain DT QBs.

I can see many scenarios where he can be moved all over the field and sent on blitzes, delayed or otherwise. He has that quickness to get to the QB or RB in the backfield.

Joyce is very instinctive and loves to hit. He plays with a lot of raw emotion and his speed is truly impressive.

It's difficult for true freshman LBs to start but I would to see him on the field early. Again his skills and physical attributes are ideal for an aggressive, inovative defensive scheme. Maybe when the next DC is hired.

Player #4 Cole Joyce. We need LBs to contribute right away since our LB recruitment and development under Randy has been atrocious. We needed imo 2-3 solid LB prospects in this class but only managed to get one.

Cole Joyce has been a regular in football camps since 9th grade. Many P5 programs were tracking him including the school he always wanted, Arkansas.

The downside in many eyes are his height and frame. He is listed at 6 ft but 5'10" is closer to the truth. That's the only reason he did not get a P5 offer from the home school. Cole just stopped growing after 9th grade.

He played MLB in high school but there's no way he can do that in college, not as a full time player game after game. His frame just doesn't low for him to put on more much more size.

Now to the goods. He is very fast, a cannon. He makes up a lot of ground and does it very quicly. Cole is perfect for that hybrid outside LB/safety role. He can easily cover backs out of the backfield, spy and contain DT QBs.

I can see many scenarios where he can be moved all over the field and sent on blitzes, delayed or otherwise. He has that quickness to get to the QB or RB in the backfield.

Joyce is very instinctive and loves to hit. He plays with a lot of raw emotion and his speed is truly impressive.

It's difficult for true freshman LBs to start but I would to see him on the field early. Again his skills and physical attributes are ideal for an aggressive, inovative defensive scheme. Maybe when the next DC is hired.
LBs definitely have seemed to struggle lately.
Thanks for the write-up, will be fun to see how he does.

Reactions: Knight Strength

Good post here

Has an offer from Army.....which he should have taken.
Again, let me explain this. Just because you see an "offer" listed it does not mean that a recruit can commit there. Typically when school send out the "official offers" those are commitable offers or kids that they would actually offer a scholarship to.

Again, let me explain this. Just because you see an "offer" listed it does not mean that a recruit can commit there. Typically when school send out the "official offers" those are commitable offers or kids that they would actually offer a scholarship to.
Where’s the website for committable offers?

Where’s the website for committable offers?
That does not exist. You either follow a program closely or you research the recruitment of a particular prospect to determine what offers are commitable.

For example any recruit getting an offer so close to the traditional NSD can be assumed to have a commitable offer. Any offer listed from early or mid 2020 should be disregarded.

That does not exist. You either follow a program closely or you research the recruitment of a particular prospect to determine what offers are commitable.

For example any recruit getting an offer so close to the traditional NSD can be assumed to have a commitable offer. Any offer listed from early or mid 2020 should be disregarded.
No those offers are committ now or lose offer. Why would coaches not say the kids offer is not a committable one?

No those offers are committ now or lose offer. Why would coaches not say the kids offer is not a committable one?

Look that not the way offers works. Most of the time when an offer is made it does not mean that a recruit can commit. It just means that the school has a genuine interest and will want to evaluate further.

Nobody here or in most recruting sites would tell you the reality of a situation. It looks good on paper to say "so and so committed to UCF over SEC offers from".

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
Cincinnati already has two 4 star recruits committed for 2022 and another that's a borderline 4.

Fickel made recruting the home state a priority and is recruting Florida better than one Josh Heupel.

It is funny that Jeremy aka Junior mentioned that the staff was aware that most of our top production WRs were leaving the program.

Then what is Heupel planning to do about it? The man incompetent and I cant wait for him to be fired.

I read an interview that Titus Mokiao-Atimalala gave a few days ago and he mentions how hard Chip Kelly from UCLA is recruting him, that Chip and him text everyday. For UCF he mentions that DG is trying to recruit him but says nothing about Heupel.

Again I cant wait for Heupel to be gone. Good riddance, he took the top G5 program in the land is quickly making us irrelevant.

Meanwhile, fans here were concerned about Cincinnati and looking for ways that they could win a championship. Fans here are happy that Cincinnati is recruting so well because they think that someone how it helps the conference and UCF by default. Its stupid to cheer for Cincinnati, just plain stupid.

I forgot too early to mention 2022 recruting say the Dungeonites. That's also what they said during the entire year last year. Recruting is terrible here. That's a fact.

I am not very happy about the state of the UCF football program RN. Not happy at all.

Last edited:
Apparently Heupel interviewed the TE coach that Tennessee recently fired for the WR coach opening. The same coach that has some possible recruting violations coming against him.

The same coach that was part of the staff at Tennessee which had terrible passing statistics for a few years now. Exactly what we dont need a coach that nobody would touch with a ten foot pole.

The only positive is that Tennessee would be on the hook for most of his salary in 2022 since he was fired from there. After having a payroll that has Randy making $1 million and Heupel almost $3 million for 2022, there's nothing left to upgrade the staff.

Great work Danny White (sarcasm).

Cincinnati already has two 4 star recruits committed for 2022 and another that's a borderline 4.

Fickel made recruting the home state a priority and is recruting Florida better than one Josh Heupel.

It is funny that Jeremy aka Junior mentioned that the staff was aware that most of our top production WRs were leaving the program.

Then what is Heupel planning to do about it? The man incompetent and I cant wait for him to be fired.

I read an interview that Titus Mokiao-Atimalala gave a few days ago and he mentions how hard Chip Kelly from UCLA is recruting him, that Chip and him text everyday. For UCF he mentions that DG is trying to recruit him but says nothing about Heupel.

Again I cant wait for Heupel to be gone. Good riddance, he took the top G5 program in the land is quickly making us irrelevant.

Meanwhile, fans here were concerned about Cincinnati and looking for ways that they could win a championship. Fans here are happy that Cincinnati is recruting so well because they think that someone how it helps the conference and UCF by default. Its stupid to cheer for Cincinnati, just plain stupid.

I forgot too early to mention 2022 recruting say the Dungeonites. That's also what they said during the entire year last year. Recruting is terrible here. That's a fact.

I am not very happy about the state of the UCF football program RN. Not happy at all.
🎯

Last edited:
Apparently Heupel interviewed the TE coach that Tennessee recently fired for the WR coach opening. The same coach that has some possible recruting violations coming against him.

The same coach that was part of the staff at Tennessee which had terrible passing statistics for a few years now. Exactly what we dont need a coach that nobody would touch with a ten foot pole.

The only positive is that Tennessee would be on the hook for most of his salary in 2022 since he was fired from there. After having a payroll that has Randy making $1 million and Heupel almost $3 million for 2022, there's nothing left to upgrade the staff.

Great work Danny White (sarcasm).
That’s not the pick.

Was it last year at this time you were on Jeff Scott’s jock? You jumped onto Fickells now. Cincy is recruiting great. Not much UCF can do about that really. But you might want to look into some blood pressure meds and meditation. I’m surprised you survived 2015 at all.

Was it last year at this time you were on Jeff Scott’s jock? You jumped onto Fickells now. Cincy is recruiting great. Not much UCF can do about that really. But you might want to look into some blood pressure meds and meditation. I’m surprised you survived 2015 at all.
Block Him! You'll all sleep better!

I said Jeff Scott would recruit Florida better than Heupel and he has. I said the same for Taggart and I was right.

You drink Dungeonite flavored Kool Aid and your excuses and defense of Heupel and his staff leaves you with zero credibility on everything you say.

Heupel is grossly incompetent and should be fired.

Reactions: ucffan642
I said Jeff Scott would recruit Florida better than Heupel and he has. I said the same for Taggart and I was right.

You drink Dungeonite flavored Kool Aid and your excuses and defense of Heupel and his staff leaves you with zero credibility on everything you say.

Heupel is grossly incompetent and should be fired.
Where did I say anything about Heupel? What do you think of the “super 60” pickup. Wasn’t that the list that we needed to hit hard despite most kids not getting FBS scholarship offers?

Where did I say anything about Heupel? What do you think of the “super 60” pickup. Wasn’t that the list that we needed to hit hard despite most kids not getting FBS scholarship offers?

Keep coming up with irrelevant takes. I said Heupel had to recruit Orlando, Cantral Florida and the State of Florida in that order. He has failed magnificently in every area.

You have been coming up with silly excuses to justify the recruting failures by Heupel and his people. You have been doing it for years now. Stay on the sinking ship.

Fickell in Ohio recruits Florida better than Heupel. Let that sink in

Reactions: ucffan642
Does a PWO doesn’t go against any limits for recruiting? Not sure since they’re not on scholarship.

Keep coming up with irrelevant takes. I said Heupel had to recruit Orlando, Cantral Florida and the State of Florida in that order. He has failed magnificently in every area.

You have been coming up with silly excuses to justify the recruting failures by Heupel and his people. You have been doing it for years now. Stay on the sinking ship.

Fickell in Ohio recruits Florida better than Heupel. Let that sink in
Again. I never mentioned Heupel. Glad we are getting super 60 recruits though.

Reactions: Yaes
We have not recruited a high school prospect in the FL top 100 in years. I am sure that finishing 4th in the recruiting ranks of AAC teams is an accomplishment you.

I would also argue that finishing a few spots ahead of a train crash like USF is another accomplishment in the eyes of Dungeonites?

Nevermind that we are consistently recruting way behind Cincinnati and other AAC teams.

Nevermind that Fickell in Ohio recruits Florida better than Heupel and all his people.

Keep making little excuses like you have been doing for years. I am sure that nabbing FCS type LBs from North Carolina will fix the problems here (sarcasm)?

Speaking of recruiting the Central Florida area, Kodi Burns (former Auburn WR coach, rumored to be considered her at UCF) was the AU staff-member responsible for recruiting the Orlando area (along with parts of GA and AL). Could possibly come to campus with more local connections/networks than the staff already here in ORL (believe it or not). Very young promising coach, I wouldn’t hate it.

Speaking of recruiting the Central Florida area, Kodi Burns (former Auburn WR coach, rumored to be considered her at UCF) was the AU staff-member responsible for recruiting the Orlando area (along with parts of GA and AL). Could possibly come to campus with more local connections/networks than the staff already here in ORL (believe it or not). Very young promising coach, I wouldn’t hate it.

He would be an improvement from day 1. The current staff has ZERO Florida connections and have all failed miserably in their task of bringing talent to the team.

I said it last year when. Golesh was hired that it was a mistake and it was a resounding failure in all aspects.

Burns would be a very good addition but too little and too late to save Heupel.

Read about the possibility of Burns a few days ago on another site. Been holding my breath since then that we get him. Is this confirmed?

For those wondering PWO's get free meals, get to participate in the team's strength and conditioning program, get to practice with the team and are part of the team's roster.

Reactions: Wings0fred
We have not recruited a high school prospect in the FL top 100 in years. I am sure that finishing 4th in the recruiting ranks of AAC teams is an accomplishment you.

I would also argue that finishing a few spots ahead of a train crash like USF is another accomplishment in the eyes of Dungeonites?

Nevermind that we are consistently recruting way behind Cincinnati and other AAC teams.

Nevermind that Fickell in Ohio recruits Florida better than Heupel and all his people.

Keep making little excuses like you have been doing for years. I am sure that nabbing FCS type LBs from North Carolina will fix the problems here (sarcasm)?
sorry did you not make a thread bitching about the super 60 at some point...oh yeah you did. So no need to melt down just because someone posted about one of them walking on. Now commence your bitch fest.

The top 60 recruits from Central Florida and we have zero signed/committed to us.

I have been raising the issue of how underwhelming our recruting is. After 2017, we should have taken a leap forward in recruiting and it never happened.

This is on Heup, who is not a good recruiter (imo) and on the staff he has assembled that is devoid of strong Florida recruiters.

We have to start landing some top kids from our area, this needs to become a priority for 2021.

http://interactive.orlandosentinel.com/recruiting/2020/central-florida-super60/

Reactions: ahabmw
sorry did you not make a thread bitching about the super 60 at some point...oh yeah you did. So no need to melt down just because someone posted about one of them walking on. Now commence your bitch fest.

What about it? Look at the top recruits from that list? How many signed with UCF?

Why is Heupel going out of state for TES DBS, LBS, and WRS? Why?

I have posted in many many occassions that we need to recruit our city, our region and our State in that order. Its basic recruiting strategy.

There are a handful of programs that are a national recruting brand and we are not it.

FOR YEARS I have posted that we needed to hire position coaches, analysts and recruting staff with ties in Florida. With connections with the Florida high schools and the 7v7 teams.

A football program does not get built or ruined in a day. It takes a few years, three in our case.

The talent drain in the football program has been going on for three years and now the cupboard is empty. Now everyone is asking Heupel to do what I have been stating for years that needed to be done.

We are going to have a huge problem this upcoming season with the WR and RB position. Heupel has failed to add a WR worth a darn either through high school, JUCO or the portal for the last two years. None of the RBS in the roster have shown anything.

The man could not even hold onto Mallinger

What about it? Look at the top recruits from that list? How many signed with UCF?

Why is Heupel going out of state for TES DBS, LBS, and WRS? Why?

I have posted in many many occassions that we need to recruit our city, our region and our State in that order. Its basic recruiting strategy.

There are a handful of programs that are a national recruting brand and we are not it.

FOR YEARS I have posted that we needed to hire position coaches, analysts and recruting staff with ties in Florida. With connections with the Florida high schools and the 7v7 teams.

A football program does not get built or ruined in a day. It takes a few years, three in our case.

The talent drain in the football program has been going on for three years and now the cupboard is empty. Now everyone is asking Heupel to do what I have been stating for years that needed to be done.
Depends on what you mean by “top recruits” on the list. There are about 5 of the super 60 that are blue chip players. And alas they go to P5 and blue blood type teams. After that there aren’t any players that are rated higher than the recruits from other areas that we are signing. Just in the top 10 there are players committed to Jackson State, App State, and without a scholarship offer at all. If we filled our team with just these players it would be much worse than our current team. Who are the TEs, WRs, DBs, and LBs from the list that you think would improve the team and that are in the range of rankings where UCF actually had a shot at them? Now which of those did we not offer?

ADVERTISEMENT