ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

He’s not Mike’s son and the kid cannot commit to Miami because he’s not a take for Miami.
I wasn’t talking about the kid. I was talking about the former player that is assistant director of recruiting. His son wouldn’t go anywhere else.

You don’t like the facts, then ignore them.
Nothing more sad than a fan that goes over to a rival teams board (because if we weren’t a rival why would you be here?) and brags exclusively about recruiting (because there’s nothing on the field to brag about).

Your life must be rough, maybe just repeat “The U is back!!!” (you know, like your fans say every off season ) to yourself 20 times over while watching some VHS tapes of games you’ve saved from the 1980’s and maybe you’ll feel better. Good Luck!!

Thoughts on how we close out recruiting after the last few games. Do you guys flipping elsewhere or sticking with commitments?

Should we tell Gus to change his boom to a pop? 60 booms or so last 2 years and people say we have no depth. If you can’t effectively recruit and game decisions are often unorthodox to put it nicely, you probably aren’t the guy we need in charge. Im not a fan of a running QB offense. Seems like a high school offense in Arkansas or something. Not big time football.

Thoughts on how we close out recruiting after the last few games. Do you guys flipping elsewhere or sticking with commitments?
Yeah, I was wondering the same kind of thing. With the way we have been playing on both sides of the ball, will be able to hang on to the recruits we currently have, and how attractive are we now to 3 and 4 star players both high school and portal?

I mean yeah, nothing to be said there. Georgia caught on to the kid and we can’t compete with that

Damn, guess we can’t be too upset losing out to Georgia for a Georgia kid. Best of luck to him.
Nope. Not at all.

Maybe a future transfer if things don’t work out - I honestly think that’s the angle with the staff for a lot of these kids.

Reactions: tjb74
Should we tell Gus to change his boom to a pop? 60 booms or so last 2 years and people say we have no depth. If you can’t effectively recruit and game decisions are often unorthodox to put it nicely, you probably aren’t the guy we need in charge. Im not a fan of a running QB offense. Seems like a high school offense in Arkansas or something. Not big time football.
You are absolutely on the money with this comment. Malzahn doesn't think like an offensive minded coach and his play calling reflects that. My Auburn friends told me this when we hired him, and they were right.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
He was very talented as shown by GAs interest. However, due to being underweight for his height he is possibly 2 years or so from getting on the field. In the mean time, with the potential of Collins, Rubelt, Mort and Medley to step up at OT, and the plethora of quality OL in the portal now, I believe his decision will be painless for us in '23 and beyond.

Reactions: Knight Strength
ADVERTISEMENT