ADVERTISEMENT

ref'ing and calls last knight were an absolute disgrace.

Knight_Classes_begin_7pm

Golden Knight
Oct 6, 2013
I mean when AJ Davis got physically knocked down dribbling to the basket from half court, 1 on 1, I just lost my mind.

They were literally slapping Chad Brown AND hanging on Tacko's body.

I'm writing a letter!

Thoughts? :-/

I mean when AJ Davis got physically knocked down dribbling to the basket from half court, 1 on 1, I just lost my mind.

They were literally slapping Chad Brown AND hanging on Tacko's body.

I'm writing a letter!

Thoughts? :-/

Worst call was the 3 point attempt by BJ that should have been a shooting foul. Clear as day! We got no points in that possession. Could've made a difference in the outcome.

Dawkins was as livid as he ever gets. The two plays that made us lose were fouls on plays that were ruled as 3-point shots but instead as before the shot. The SMU coach was so upset that his players were fouling too late, he was forced to call a time out. Fortunately for him, the ref was in the tank.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Dawkins was as livid as he ever gets. The two plays that made us lose were fouls on plays that were ruled as 3-point shots but instead as before the shot. The SMU coach was so upset that his players were fouling too late, he was forced to call a time out. Fortunately for him, the ref was in the tank.
I must have missed that prof because I wanted Dawkins to throw a chair, do a dance, something!!!!!!! Take a technical for gosh sakes!!! Don't be like Donnie

I must have missed that prof because I wanted Dawkins to throw a chair, do a dance, something!!!!!!! Take a technical for gosh sakes!!! Don't be like Donnie
But that's how Matt cost us the Memphis game. Two shot and the ball back. Even in his post-game interview, his convoluted passive-voiced put down of the ref sounded more like Jane Austen than Rollie Massimino.

The reffing sucked but at least they were consistently bad the whole game, and there were plenty of fouls by us that didn't get called either. We just didn't make enough buckets. Every time they needed a shot to stop a run, they made them. They also made clutch free throws down the stretch.

The reffing sucked but at least they were consistently bad the whole game, and there were plenty of fouls by us that didn't get called either. We just didn't make enough buckets. Every time they needed a shot to stop a run, they made them. They also made clutch free throws down the stretch.
And we had our 14 turnovers as usual..............

Its difficult to see on TV how bad the refs were but I could tell something was amiss. Like all those review calls at the end were only when UCF had the ball. They never reviewed any of SMu plays. Thus, allowing the smu defense to rest and stop the momentum that UCF was trying to gain. Also, Tacko's goggles once again go flying and no call. Did I see that right? First play of game or second. forget. Refs may have been protecting SMU record. But, hate to think that way. Maybe I'm just biased and they are not. Go knights.

Its difficult to see on TV how bad the refs were but I could tell something was amiss. Like all those review calls at the end were only when UCF had the ball. They never reviewed any of SMu plays. Thus, allowing the smu defense to rest and stop the momentum that UCF was trying to gain. Also, Tacko's goggles once again go flying and no call. Did I see that right? First play of game or second. forget. Refs may have been protecting SMU record. But, hate to think that way. Maybe I'm just biased and they are not. Go knights.
Oh it was like either these refs were idiots or paid to not call fouls against SMU

I doubt it was anything that sinister. They probably just had money on SMU.

SMU Coach was in the face of the refs all night long...Dawkins sometimes tries to be too much like Coach K...sits down...not as active with the refs as SMU Coach.

By the time Dawkins finally complained...it was way, way, way too late to make an impact on that game.

Believe it was 15...to only 7 for SMU.
There's two things this team can't do (a legacy of Donny-recruited players?): steals and assists (both among the worst in the nation). But we did match up really well with SMU in size and mobility (if not quickness): their guys were all 6-6 to 6-8 and great rebounders, shooters, and defenders, yet we out rebounded them and shot as well as them. A real confidence builder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT